Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

cool squat mobility article

Nice one. I like the term "third world squats"; they've got it all over us.

I've been enjoying squating on my vibration platform.

VP_Soloflex.jpg

I've been squatting like this for close to 20 years, particularly when I poo. I lift the toilet seat and squat on the bowl's rim. Careful! :lol: you can fall.

The next level is doing the entire motion from standing to squatting in front of a wall, with your toes less than an inch from the wall. This forces all kinds of extra opening. I haven't mastered this yet. I just started playing with this about a week ago.

I've been squatting like this for close to 20 years, particularly when I poo. I lift the toilet seat and squat on the bowl's rim. Careful! :lol: you can fall.

The next level is doing the entire motion from standing to squatting in front of a wall, with your toes less than an inch from the wall. This forces all kinds of extra opening. I haven't mastered this yet. I just started playing with this about a week ago.

ROFLMAO :lol:

When camping, try the tree hugging squat. Don't forget the TP and a shovel!

Giggle, yes it is funny. Also funny is that you can break the bolts that hold the toilet onto the floor. At least you can if you are over 100kg and lean out to get the paper. It didn't fall, but it did start to leak :unsure: fortunately it was a public toilet so I escaped quickly.

And I never tell the people at work that I'm the one who puts the footprints on the toilet rim :blink: Drives them nuts..... they have no idea how footprints could get on the rim in that orientation (nobody guesses squatting) If I ever build a house I want an oriental toilet.

Seriously people try this, much easier to #2 and apparently good for you.

And I LIKE that it's harder to balance B)

Also funny is that you can break the bolts that hold the toilet onto the floor. At least you can if you are over 100kg and lean out to get the paper.

So your taiji form now includes the move 'big guy breaks loo' :P

And I never tell the people at work that I'm the one who puts the footprints on the toilet rim :blink: Drives them nuts.....

Reminds me of sharing a flight with a Chinese tour group!

Seriously people try this, much easier to #2 and apparently good for you.

I have no choice at times, the squatting wouldn't be a problem if my trousers didn't constrict my knee position to much. & I always worry about messing up my trousers. Any tips?

Re the article, it seems a bit of an obvious point - squat more and you'll get better at it...

So your taiji form now includes the move 'big guy breaks loo' :P

:D ROFL

Tips :Hang pants & undies on that hook most of the doors seem to have these days.

Tips :Hang pants & undies on that hook most of the doors seem to have these days.

Not in China. Doors are optional here! And you wouldn't want to be stepping through your pants & especially undies after walking on the floor in most Chinese toilets...

And I never tell the people at work that I'm the one who puts the footprints on the toilet rim blink.gif Drives them nuts..... they have no idea how footprints could get on the rim in that orientation (nobody guesses squatting) If I ever build a house I want an oriental toilet.

LOL!

On youtube there's footage of Japanese poo-ing on their hidden camera tv show and it turns out they keep their pants on. I think they have extra mobility and naturalness from doing it for so long... their pants are bunched around their knees so nothing gets in the way. (also, their toilets are much designed, which gives them an advantage.)

They are still surprised when their potty rockets through the roof, though.

The bolts of the toilet should hold you, but that is a consideration... always test how solid the connection is!

It is better for you for a more complete and joyful poo. :)

Try it with feet together

Thanks for posting this link, Yoda. I've been doing nothing but half-squats for years, mostly because I lack the flexibility to squat deep with my feet flat on the floor. Full squats while balancing on my toes hurt my knees, but the exercise described in the article doesn't bother them at all. Would this exercise be a good one for developing the flexibility to sit in full lotus?

If you want to enjoy the benefits of squat-style pooping but lack hip/thigh flexibility (or the desire to perch atop a toilet seat), just sit on the toilet with your feet resting on a low stool. Works great.

Would this exercise be a good one for developing the flexibility to sit in full lotus?

It could be a very early stage, but I doubt it could develop enough external hip rotation to get you to full lotus on its own, unless perhaps you gradually rotated your feet to point out more and more. But in this position, that could strain your knees.

Thanks for posting this link, Yoda. I've been doing nothing but half-squats for years, mostly because I lack the flexibility to squat deep with my feet flat on the floor. Full squats while balancing on my toes hurt my knees, but the exercise described in the article doesn't bother them at all. Would this exercise be a good one for developing the flexibility to sit in full lotus?

Practice flat footed feet parallel as possible weight on the outside of your feet so you don't pronate.

Go only as far as you can without curving your back in. You can hold on to something in front of you

with relaxed arms so you don't fall over. Think of sitting down - lead with your behind taking your thighs toward your calves. Relax as much as you can - release any tension.

You can also try sitting on a low stool.

Hang out as long as you can without straining - a little each day.

Sign in to follow this