Shad282

Science of head transplant and energy body ?

I asked for reason to believe besides folk-lore

This is not considered "folk-lore". This is part of advaita tradition and history.

"Normal" people obviously don't have ability to do this sort of thing. Those who do, won't share it without proper vetting.

My mother's uncle is a sadhu in the shakta tradition and is 100 years old now. He meditates several hours a day, cooks and cleans for himself still.

When my maternal grandfather was dying, he ( moms uncle) prevented his death by trapping his spirit in a little box, till he had a chance to say goodbye to all his children (some of who lived far away).

Not exactly the same thing as PKP , but this is from my own family history. I have no doubt if he (my grand uncle) wanted to, he could do PKP.

• Like 2

Never really understood that story, Karma is about intent.

Adi Shankara had already become jeevanamukta by then. The king was already dead when he took over the body. i don't think he was doing karma anymore.

Adi Shankara had already become jeevanamukta by then. The king was already dead when he took over the body. i don't think he was doing karma anymore.

If he was already a jeevanamukta then why would he care about winning the debate or not having sex in his own body?

All our body parts have consciousness it is fascinating to hear the stories where people develop traits of their dead persons organs. No thanks, I accept my fate without intervention from the mad scientist.

• Like 3

In terms of overall consciousness I think the main spirit could probably be shifted from body to body so long as the head is kept stable.

I'm far less certain however about the physical logistics of it...honestly I don't see it working out so well.

There could be a personality shift as well in relation to different organ shens, as with heart transplant patients.

If he was already a jeevanamukta then why would he care about winning the debate or not having sex in his own body?

Because he had to either accept defeat (and His opponent would win and he'd have to forsake advaita Vedanta and become a disciple of opponent) or honor the rules of the Debate. This was the only reason why the judge of the debate (which ran over several weeks) refused to declare him the winner, his lack of experience in the sensual domain.

If he had accepted defeat he would be doing a disservice to the world as Advaita Vedanta would not exist then (at least not as we know It now) .:)

Why not? It is not improbable to astrally project. In fact when high level yogis take mahasamadhi, they exit their bodies that way.

Also there's a certain period after death when a body can be entered.

adi Shankara entered old King's body this way to experience things which he needed a King's body for, in order to win a debate where he asked if he had experience of certain things that a celibate renunciant could never know.

a period after death?

The person who died, obviously died because of illness or some sort of damage in his physical body, aging...etc and he was not able to stay alive and function with it. what another soul is going to come and do with a dead not function body ? it already cannot function physically, hence result of death in the first place. 

in truth actually your body is capable to grow new head if it has beforehand gotten that knowledge.

Certainly you have no contemporary evidence?  If so, has anyone ever done it in the history of man kind? 

in truth actually your body is capable to grow new head if it has beforehand gotten that knowledge.

Gotten what knowledge?
  • Like 1

Certainly you have no contemporary evidence?  If so, has anyone ever done it in the history of man kind? 

nope

Gotten what knowledge?

knowledge how to do it.

Its funny that people identify themselves with their body. A temporary vehicle and when it wears out that which animated the body leaves. Investing time in what does not die is more interesting to me. 

One day with a head the next day with out a head and apparently you can grow a new head and after the new head is no longer functioning then what we have more heads or less heads.

Was the first head better then the second head? Maybe we should have more then one head.

Before I head to bed I will check to see if their is actually anything in my head worth keeping.

• Like 1