Ok, Cameron, mikaelz and Wun Yuen Gong, you guys are suspended from the forum for 7 days.

The rules here are really simple, have been recently reposted and are not difficult to follow.

This isn't a frat house it's a sacred space I've put a lot of time and heart into creating. When/if you come back, please change your approach and start treating The Tao Bums like a temple filled with many intelligent, sincere spiritual seekers from many paths and many walks of life. You take your shoes off before you enter. Sometimes there will be people and opinions you won't like, and sometimes those voices will sound the loudest. But you trust that Sean is conscious of how he is running this temple, and that it's only a matter of time before members that are consistently disrespectful are asked to take a break or leave permanently. You respect your Tao brother Sean and you don't let your emotions distract you from your commitment to speak to members with utmost respect, and to generally behave like you are in a friend's temple.

</rant>

:)

Thanks,

Sean

It's my understanding that it's on Sean's to-do list which could be awhile, but my spider senses say within a month or two.

Does anyone know if a kunlun forum is truly in the works? Posts on other threads have alluded to this. I'm wondering when it might make its debut.

Thanks.

AugustLeo

My guess is you can get a pretty solid answer about that next weekend if it's important to you.

While I'm not a fan of spliting things, perhaps we should split the board while we wait?

It's been asked twice now about all the kunlun threads, I don't want to pi$$ people off.

LOL.

Sean needs to make 3 forums.

1. The science behind Max discussion forum(A chance to debunk Kunlun science for all Tao scientists).

2. The who's teacher can beat up who's teacher forum. Think your teacher has what it takes to be king of Taoist internet arguments? Prove it!

3. Regular Taoist discussion.

Hello Sean,

you know I came back here as a guest.

So please take my post as a question and not a request.

I'm hesitant to create a Kunlun-only subforum here because I think part of the vibe here is that The Tao Bums is system agnostic, it's more for discussing how each of our paths intersect.

Agreed.

Creating a kunlun-only forum would kind of open the floodgates to potentially creating dozens of other subforums for all the other great systems people are approaching, you know?

Why would that be wrong? Why not creating a whole other forum like the personal practice forum, where any practitioner from any taoist school being allowed to open there their little temple. If this is done correctly it would keep the balance, would permit to TB to grow, and it would keep all the peaches in the same basket.

Do you fear that people would then stop posting in the general section?

You could require some general rules. Something like each sub-forum should have at least n-moderators. Each forum should be open to be read by any one in TB. No two sub-forum can be opened on the same school.

This would give to the person coming to TB for the first time a pretty good index of the schools that are out there and active on the internet. Something which is surely missing right now.

Good points by Pietro.

Max and Chris will decide want they want. We'll wait and see.

I suppose the million dollar question is how long do we want this to take, a few weeks I'd say it's all good. A few months......mmmmm

And perhaps the foundation people would like one where people won't dump cr@p on their teacher too.

Personally I just answered the last kunlun ? with a bunch of links to old threads.

I also find it very "Tao" that this place was originally an offshoot from HT (I'm told, I'm new too) and now many of TTB are involved in making a practice specific forum again

Circles