Sign in to follow this  
danielsholl

physical manifestations

i am very interested to have opinions on  physical manifestations i have had my entire life- with the formation of intent i have what seems like a sensation of a cool breeze and waves of 'goose flesh' visibly appearing on various parts of my body. seems to emanate from the dantien area. these waves and sensation of cool appear even when in a hot tub, so is not external.

• Like 5

Oh, I think it is normal.  What you speak of is caused by both our subconscious mind (brain) as well as our body reacting for the purpose of keeping balance (harmony).

i am very interested to have opinions on  physical manifestations i have had my entire life- with the formation of intent i have what seems like a sensation of a cool breeze and waves of 'goose flesh' visibly appearing on various parts of my body. seems to emanate from the dantien area. these waves and sensation of cool appear even when in a hot tub, so is not external.

I can make goosebumps flare out around my body at will too...not sure if that indicates qi flow, or just something else?

• Like 1

Hi Danielsholl,

Goosebumps (I call them chills) were one of the first signs of chi I came across and identified. I was telling a meditation teacher how I had goosebumps the whole meditation. He laughed and replied "That's qi!" and held out his forearm, suddenly covered with gooseflesh, as you call it.

For years that's been one of my major indicators, happens pretty much whenever the qi is running. You probably know that it's caused by a tiny muscle that makes each hair stand on end. Pretty much anytime I do qigong it happens, and often when I'm getting body work. Once the therapist working commented on the HUGE goosebumps on my leg, and asked if I knew how big they were, which I didn't. (I never bother looking at them, as I can feel them from the inside. :D )  But I thought it was funny, and told her "Of course they're big! Those little muscles are pumped! And they oughta be, they work out every day!"

When we first start getting the qi signs, we can get rather enamored of them. I have called myself a chills junkie for years. It feels really good... Actually, you didn't mention that. Does it feel really good to you when it happens?

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this