Tall Panda

Moving from Front chest breathing to Taoist Longevity Breathing

I had up until now been practicing a method of breathing into my front chest I had learned before much involvement with energy practice and some external martial arts.

I am now practicing the breathing method described in "Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body" by Bruce Frantzis. However I've been noticing a few things despite being able to move my belly as described up to Lesson 3 "Move the sides of your belly"

I have noticed that I sometimes will feel my front chest expanding and eventually be left with a pain like that of a muscle near my ribs above my lungs. It may be my lungs as it is below my ribs where I feel the pain but I'm unsure. I haven't even read past Lesson 3 as I stopped as soon as I noticed the pain. Is this a problem or should i just continue to practice at this point intil it becomes comfortable.

Any tips or advice that anyone can offer would be much appreciated.

Also on a side I would appreciate if anyone could share any knowledge of authentic master in Ireland as I am unable to travel due to college and finances.

Edited by Tall Panda

I've heard on this forum that it's very difficult if not impossible to learn the systems in the book. However I am interested in the system and wamt to practice it as much as possible from the book to develop a foundation to work with in future when when I can afford to travel to things such as workshops.

Is this a correct way of approaching my problems or is there flaws in my planning?

Again any advice is welcome and I give thanks in advance.

Ah that's a good idea actually I didn't think to see if there are any students in Ireland if not I may just tale your advice and put it on hold for the time being.

Hehe it's seems I made a large oversight and that his site offers much more than I thought originally.

The site lists that there are five instructors in Dublin so I have a good choice and a chance to progress without having to travel gor now.

Many thanks for your help :D.