Lois

It`s sad to look at Westerners

I have been using western Internet resources for a long time and occasionally I feel pity for Westerners for some reason. The emergence of the Internet has put them in a very terrible situation. They possess huge, tremendous riches. If you aren`t familiar with the western world, it would be hard for you to estimate its wealth. But with the advent of the Internet, some serious people playing serious games found a way to these riches. Formerly it was necessary to accept western values and adopt western culture in order to gain at least a little access to this wealth. Now you can do that almost for free and without changing your principles. Of course, these serious people try to use the existing situation for some cruel and mercenary purposes. For example, here http://audiojungle.net/ you can find a lot of wonderful composers from CIS who work in the trance genre and have to sell their tracks at 15 dollars each. Please THINK OF this figure!!! And also pay attention to the fact that they all are lucky ones, they can satisfy tastes of the western public, the rest are simply blocked by the moderator.
But only concrete people fall for it. And there is a small number of people who have got access to the MOST serious western riches just owing to their intellect and agility. Westerners being absolutely charmed with the life process and with a large quantity of ideas put into their heads and concerning force of the western social pattern don`t understand that they have been in hot water, really IN HOT WATER. Now it seems to them that everything is hunky-dory, everything is OK. But the fact of the matter is that it`s just an illusion that will disappear very soon… I feel pity for them because they are so nice, so well-bred, so fine workmen… But when they meet the reality, damn, I can`t even imagine what will happen to them.

• Like 2

Why having a set of westerners? Who are they? Isn't that a generalization of all individuals who are in different sub sets in different countries and communities?

But the fact of the matter is that it`s just an illusion that will disappear very soon… 

Does this only apply to Westerners?  I thought it was the human condition.

I don't qualify since I am a Southwesterner.

I'm a  Southerner ....    I am so far south I am upside down !   :)

"  When The Man Went South. "      Now there is a  great film !       ( sorry , no bang bang or cars or .... ) 

A pacific Islander decides to go south to see what is there . Everyone thinks he a bit nuts  " It's virtually myth ! Not our place ! "

He goes ;  paddles, island hops, walks along beaches until , he gets to the rumoured south islands . He gets caught up between a fight with the easterners and  the westerners  there.   He eventually gets them to adopt his  crazy and strange idea , to try and  make peace by delivering fish offerings. But after a few , not to be outdone, each side increases the offering  ( What !  They think they can catch more fish than us ! ) until, it is of a ridiculous size, too much to eat and they start to fight again . 

And he goes back to the north .     :)

( check out at  1:32  !   ) 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

Why having a set of westerners? Who are they? Isn't that a generalization of all individuals who are in different sub sets in different countries and communities?

masai-cell-phone-tanzania-kenya_43891_60

Here .... borrow a  pair of our  glasses then 

rose-colored-glasses.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

Thank you once again Lois for shedding light on this so, so complex world we live in.  Without your thoughtful comments I would indeed be in HOT WATER.

Peace and love and praying for a world without petty boundaries.

Apech Euro-remain Social Justice for all.

Justice.

First of all I define myself as an inhabitant of earth, a home I share with countless beings, to break it down further I am a human being.

I need no other definitions, explanations nor labels.

Thank you very much.

The people i feel sorry for are all the economic migrants who often spend a lot of time and money and sometimes even risking their lives trying to come to the West, believing it is some kind of utopian paradise. They are going to be sorely disappointed after spending some time here.

• Like 2

I think he is just upset because he isn't making money off his music. So he blames "western civilization."

Becoming a successful artist isn't a walk in the forest, it is a heavenly trial: privilege and time aren't enough. 

• Like 1

every king in history

every war against a despot, won or lost...

every civilization grown and fallen

every love story

every species of plant, animal and insect

every mineral, known and unknown

every drama and comedy

playing out, on a moist mote of dust

revolving around a tiny speck of light

one among billions

• Like 5

Quality over quantity?

I recall  something about living fast, dying young and leaving a handsome or pretty corpse.

Disprove the adage: Only the good die young?

• Like 2

Quality over quantity?

I recall  something about living fast, dying young and leaving a handsome or pretty corpse.

Disprove the adage: Only the good die young?

Oh!, what ironies therein.

Yes, I would think quality over quantity is best.  But some have neither.

James Dean lived fast and died young.  Many people were saddened by their loss.

I don't hold to the concept of "only the good die young".  There are, in my opinion, only two things of our life that are destined:  birth and death.  What happens between the two is called life and I still hold to the understanding that we are born with free will although we also hold the responsibility for all our thoughts, words, and deeds.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 2

"You realize" because you were told by...  who exactly?

The American Journal of Human Biology

"Villages in the remote forest and riverine regions show 2–4 times higher mortality rates from infancy until middle adulthood than in the acculturated region. While there was little change in mortality for most of the life course over the period 1950–1989, overall life expectancy at birth improved by 10 years from 45 to 53 after 1990. In both periods, over half of all deaths were due to infectious disease, especially respiratory and gastrointestinal infections. Accidents and violence accounted for a quarter of all deaths. Unlike typical patterns described by epidemiologic transition theory, we find a much larger period reduction of death rates during middle and late adulthood than during infancy or childhood. In the remote villages, infant death rates changed little, whereas death rates among older adults decreased sharply. We hypothesize that this pattern is due to a combination of differential access to medical interventions, a continued lack of public health infrastructure and Tsimane cultural beliefs concerning sickness and dying"

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajhb.20600/full

(not to imply i live or die by these sources, just answering your question.)

• Like 1

Thank you.   Yes, no matter what "civilized" source you go to, the party line is always the same -- to create a picture of the blessings of civilization and perils of natural ways of life.  How else would they justify exterminating them nearly everywhere, and  thwarting and damaging them everywhere else.  My question was rhetorical.   

• Like 5

No matter where you live,

there's always someone

to the East of you.

Pointing out, how sad

The Westerners are. 

The only solution I can think of

is to move a little bit East of them,

so you can be the one looking down.

Do that too much

and you circle the globe

back to where you started.

• Like 5

No matter where you live,

there's always someone

to the East of you.

Pointing out, how sad

The Westerners are. 

The only solution I can think of

is to move a little bit East of them,

so you can be the one looking down.

Do that too much

and you circle the globe

back to where you started.

In body and mind alike, from Siberia to Eastern Europe to Western Europe to the east coast of the USA to the west coast of the USA and from there to China I roamed, and  mind you, I kept moving westward all the time -- and still wound up as far east as you can get.  :D

• Like 5