Aletheia

First attempt at healing!

I dropped in on some old friends today as I was passing through the area and it turned out one of them was crying in pain because she had some kind of skin infection. She'd been to the hospital and been prescribed two sets of antibiotics and finished the course, but her leg below the knee was still very badly swollen and purple. She said she'd been in pain for weeks and was moaning in agony and was about to go back to the hospital.

So I said I could try and project some qi and pull out the blocked energy even though I have no training and have never tried such a thing before.

So, I pulled out some energy and threw it on the floor but only at about 7 or 8 places in the leg because I really didn't have much idea about that, I only saw it on a youtube video once tbh. Then I got her to put her leg on a stool and I focused on the heat in the stomach and with my eyes open tried to project qi with the palm of my right hand a few inches away from the leg in to the areas that looked like they most needed it.

She said she could feel the heat pretty quickly and also began to feel very relaxed. The colour started to come back into her leg too and after a while she said she felt no pain for the first time in weeks! After about 1 hour full of maybe 6 4 minutes goes at a time most of the swelling had gone and most of the purple too and she was in a very mellow state with her eyes closed, completely without pain!

I am total amazed by what happened. Although I knew qi is very real and tangible, actually seeing and experiencing its effects first hand for the first time is almost unbelievable, it literally brings tears to my eyes thinking about it!

I am wondering if what I did is good practise and whether it's okay to do the same thing again next time I come across someone unwell, or what?

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 9

I am wondering if what I did is good practise and whether it's okay to do the same thing again next time I come across someone unwell, or what?

great work!

just learn protection techniques or you will pick up crap pretty soon.

Also, don't try to do this with cancer patients until you have proper training. ( you will cook yourself).

meow

• Like 3

great work!

just learn protection techniques or you will pick up crap pretty soon.

Also, don't try to do this with cancer patients until you have proper training. ( you will cook yourself).

meow

I listened to the SFQ guy and he said he pulled out some energy from a very sick woman once and put the energy in to his plant and then the next morning the plant was dying. After that he didn't want to do any healing for a time because it frightened him. But, eventually he realised the bad energy was just the intent he put in to the energy while he put it in to the plant because ultimately everything is pure energy and good and bad are a stepping down into classification away from what is pure.

But really I think we can think of cancer as good energy because its a sign received from a higher intelligence. If we listen carefully to what is said it will lead us to great wisdom and cure the body too. I was telling my Dad the other day in China when the doctor tells a patient they have cancer it's taken as good news and puts a big smile on the patients face! (he has two friends dying from cancer right now and they're both very grumpy)

The SFQ guy says after he realised his mistake of intent all his plants got happier and healthier from the extra energy!

After that he didn't want to do any healing for a time because it frightened him. 

well... if you insist on cancer healings... at least get some info on precautions... ( this is just a sample, there is more info on it: https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Teachings-Chinese-Energetic-Medicine/dp/0991569040/ref=pd_sbs_14_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0991569040&pd_rd_r=5BDQ9265ARCEJ8SJM91Y&pd_rd_w=Oyicv&pd_rd_wg=BXdz0&psc=1&refRID=5BDQ9265ARCEJ8SJM91Y)

Thanks. I had never thought about healing before yesterday. But thinking about it now I'd love to learn more obviously!

Her leg went from very swollen, mostly purple with white blotches and unbearable pain to normal skin tone with red patches and no pain. Maybe I'll ring her up tomorrow to see how things panned out.

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

Thanks. I had never thought about healing before yesterday. But thinking about it now I'd love to learn more obviously!

Her leg went from very swollen, mostly purple with white blotches and unbearable pain to normal skin tone with red patches and no pain. Maybe I'll ring her up tomorrow to see how things panned out.

What part of the world do you live in, Aletheia?

Hope you do, and then let us know! (-:

• Like 1

Hope you do, and then let us know! (-:

I called her up and she said her leg is much better. She wasn't really saying much though tbh. So I asked if she could feel the heat yesterday and she said "yes, it's totally crazy."

So, that's all I can say right now -- her leg is better and she definitely felt the heat. That's the only time I've ever tried something like that and I don't really have anything to reference it against within the greater context of things if I'm honest.

I'll try it out again when I get the chance for sure and post about it. I'm going to go to my local yoga school sometime in the next few days. Maybe I'll see if a teacher can feel the qi, or something :P

EDIT: I did say right at the start we need to take some before and after pictures because the first thing I did was pull some energy out in maybe three places and my friend said the places had turned white while before they were purple. I did see the white bits but wasn't really sure what they looked like previously. But, we didn't end up taking pictures. I did see my friend try and pull out some energy herself after she said something had happened, which I think is quite funny!

Right now it all seems a bit of a blur and I'm not sure what is what to tell the truth. I know for sure I feel the heat and when I put my concentration there and breathe it gets hotter and hotter. If I go to my hands I can feel energy there too like a fizzy drink in the palms. When I first put the heat in my head I instantly felt its effects on my experience of space and time and my consciousness got caught up in my LDT for 6 hours so that's why I joined this forum, because I was wondering how and where I was supposed to store all that energy!

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 2

The traditional way in chi kung is to build up your power before doing much healing, that way you will become a much better healer later.  Also, if you do healing work early on you won't be able to cultivate much chi power.

You will pick up sick energy from people you work on so if you want to practice, practice on younger people who are essentially healthy but have some problem or injury.  If you try to heal an old, weak, and very sick person you will drain yourself probably for no reason and can weaken your health.  If you work on someone who has a health problem which is the same as something you have then the sick energy has a place to stick to and is more likely to cause you harm.  You can give sick energy to a tree ... some of it, sometimes.

You could learn some healing techniques.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 5

The traditional way in chi kung is to build up your power before doing much healing, that way you will become a much better healer later.  Also, if you do healing work early on you won't be able to cultivate much chi power.

You will pick up sick energy from people you work on so if you want to practice, practice on younger people who are essentially healthy but have some problem or injury.  If you try to heal an old, weak, and very sick person you will drain yourself probably for no reason and can weaken your health.  If you work on someone who has a health problem which is the same as something you have then the sick energy has a place to stick to and is more likely to cause you harm.  You can give sick energy to a tree ... some of it, sometimes.

You could learn some healing techniques.

Thanks. I'm going to build a strong base and daily practise first because I kind of fell through the ceiling with qigong/neigong. I'm not going to say anything to anyone or do anything other than get the foundations right.

Anyway, I already learned my lesson. I spent the morning looking up local yoga teachers, I need to work on my posture because I don't have a straight back and I was thinking I can show off when I see them and now I don't feel any energy because I'm thinking with my ego.

Okay, I can feel some energy now I'm not trying to focus in on it, But, I understand I need to build a strong base first and that starts with the physical body and proper daily practise.

The problem there is I don't know what I don't know. So what should I be doing? Some yoga, some tai chi for the physical body (by Western standards I'm healthy, but I lack flexibility and I have a curved back most of the time when I concentrate on the heat so it's generally too near the skin in the false DT) and a daily meditation? In daily meditation what should I? drop my consciousness to my stomach and breathe at the heat, or practise the orbit or both?

• Like 1

Thanks. I'm going to build a strong base and daily practise first because I kind of fell through the ceiling with qigong/neigong. I'm not going to say anything to anyone or do anything other than get the foundations right.

Anyway, I already learned my lesson. I spent the morning looking up local yoga teachers, I need to work on my posture because I don't have a straight back and I was thinking I can show off when I see them and now I don't feel any energy because I'm thinking with my ego.

Okay, I can feel some energy now I'm not trying to focus in on it, But, I understand I need to build a strong base first and that starts with the physical body and proper daily practise.

The problem there is I don't know what I don't know. So what should I be doing? Some yoga, some tai chi for the physical body (by Western standards I'm healthy, but I lack flexibility and I have a curved back most of the time when I concentrate on the heat so it's generally too near the skin in the false DT) and a daily meditation? In daily meditation what should I? drop my consciousness to my stomach and breathe at the heat, or practise the orbit or both?

yoga teachers? No insult to MPY ( modern postural yoga) yoga teachers, but for this you probably need someone "not a yoga" teacher. I wish I could recommend you a good yoga school, but they are either all dead (real yoga teachers) or don't exist anymore ( US/Europe, you might get lucky in India, but the latest I heard it's bad there as well). At most luckiest way, you will find a yoga teacher who got her injuries already from "too much asana" and is into much gentler yoga ( where energy can be actually felt). If you go to any of those "beer yoga", "hip hop yoga", "playboy bunny yoga", etc, you will most likely injure yourself ( wrists, hips, knees) and have zero progress. Of course, you will be versed on misspelled mantras and Rumi quotes and essential oils in savasana while Deva Premal is playing... but that's not what will make you progress...

Check this out: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS520US520&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=london+qigong+master&*

if any of them calls ( i..e intuition says needs to go), go for it. 

p.s. +1 on everything Starjumper said. My teacher was just saying it yesterday, that even he still gets "battle scars" from picking up sick energy from people. How you have to carefully watch any changes in your mood/thoughts/emotions/physical wellness and purge it right away. Otherwise you won't be able to get rid of it yourself and will need someone to do it for you ( this is why it's important to have at least one other energy healing contact for yourself. Think about it like acupuncturist would not needle himself, but would go to someone else. Same thing here.)

Edited by qicat

I'm in London, UK.

What you describe is sometimes called wai qi liao fa, essentially healing through the projection of (or interacting with) "external energy." There are legitimate high-level systems which focus on this and I would encourage you to seek one out if you think this is something you wish to pursue. There's quite a bit of substance on this topic contained in various threads here on this forum, too. You've gotten some good advice in this thread, one of the most important being that this is not a parlor trick or something to be approached cavalierly (not suggesting you are viewing it that way, mind you, just reinforcing the cautioning...)
  • Like 2

What you describe is sometimes called wai qi liao fa, essentially healing through the projection of (or interacting with) "external energy." There are legitimate high-level systems which focus on this and I would encourage you to seek one out if you think this is something you wish to pursue. There's quite a bit of substance on this topic contained in various threads here on this forum, too. You've gotten some good advice in this thread, one of the most important being that this is not a parlor trick or something to be approached cavalierly (not suggesting you are viewing it that way, mind you, just reinforcing the cautioning...)

Yes, I had a lot of extra energy on the train ride home. I was in a completely different zone, both literally and metaphorically :P

EDIT: not to make light of the situation. I think about philosophy all day long so I do take it seriously.

I know not to think with my ego and it's not really me. All I think happens is the wider one can expand consciousness the more subtle energies they are able to directly experience. The energies are always already there and can be felt directly when one drops their consciousness into the correct liminal zones. I feel I was channelling the energy through my body and into my friend's and that is why she could feel the energy.

My focus was on the heat in my stomach, the palm of my hand and where I focused my eyes. One time the cat stated rolling about on the bed next to me purring and I was just watching the cat and I thought maybe I was directing the energy into the cat rather than the leg?!??

Edited by Aletheia

Yes, I had a lot of extra energy on the train ride home. I was in a completely different zone, both literally and metaphorically :P

EDIT: not to make light of the situation. I think about philosophy all day long so I do take it seriously.

I know not to think with my ego and it's not really me. All I think happens is the wider one can expand consciousness the more subtle energies they are able to directly experience. The energies are always already there and can be felt directly when one drops their consciousness into the correct liminal zones. I feel I was channelling the energy through my body and into my friend's and that is why she could feel the energy.

My focus was on the heat in my stomach, the palm of my hand and where I focused my eyes. One time the cat stated rolling about on the bed next to me purring and I was just watching the cat and I thought maybe I was directing the energy into the cat rather than the leg?!??

I would encourage you to not experiment with energy on other living things. If you are strong enough to do good, you are strong enough to accidentally cause harm.

Just food for thought...

• Like 1

yoga teachers? No insult to MPY ( modern postural yoga) yoga teachers, but for this you probably need someone "not a yoga" teacher. I wish I could recommend you a good yoga school, but they are either all dead (real yoga teachers) or don't exist anymore ( US/Europe, you might get lucky in India, but the latest I heard it's bad there as well). At most luckiest way, you will find a yoga teacher who got her injuries already from "too much asana" and is into much gentler yoga ( where energy can be actually felt). If you go to any of those "beer yoga", "hip hop yoga", "playboy bunny yoga", etc, you will most likely injure yourself ( wrists, hips, knees) and have zero progress. Of course, you will be versed on misspelled mantras and Rumi quotes and essential oils in savasana while Deva Premal is playing... but that's not what will make you progress...

Check this out: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS520US520&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=london+qigong+master&*

if any of them calls ( i..e intuition says needs to go), go for it. 

p.s. +1 on everything Starjumper said. My teacher was just saying it yesterday, that even he still gets "battle scars" from picking up sick energy from people. How you have to carefully watch any changes in your mood/thoughts/emotions/physical wellness and purge it right away. Otherwise you won't be able to get rid of it yourself and will need someone to do it for you ( this is why it's important to have at least one other energy healing contact for yourself. Think about it like acupuncturist would not needle himself, but would go to someone else. Same thing here.)

I was thinking about getting the physical body in place because I heard problems can manifest on the physical level and although I'm reasonably good internally I thought there could be some problems trapped in muscle tissue etc that I'm totally unaware of and an average yoga teacher can help me with that. I need to get a straight back too.

But, the problem is I don't think I can take a yoga or tai chi class and manage to keep my mouth shut. Everyone I know thinks I just go around lecturing everyone I meet about philosophy 24/7 LOL

Edited by Aletheia

I would encourage you to not experiment with energy on other living things. If you are strong enough to do good, you are strong enough to accidentally cause harm.

Just food for thought...

I don't really have bad thoughts, I have been doing philosophy for a while. I always catch myself when I fall into diseased patterns of thought which get tangled up in negative emotions. I said to the other people in the room that my friend was in a state of complete love when she went quiet because that is the energy I was sending. I don't think bad of people really and I don't get angry with people with different views from mine. I don't vote or follow politics, go shopping or anything like that!

But, I'm not claiming to be a saint and I'm sure there's a ton of things I'm not aware of, So I'll take your advise seriously. Plus thinking about it now I probably made a mistake because her leg went from purple to red and normal colour pretty quickly and I kept looking at the red bits and thinking it's still not better and trying to project more energy into the leg, so I take your point. That is the first time I tried something like that and I was trying to help. But, I admit I haven't got a clue what I'm doing ultimately. So thanks!

I just go around lecturing everyone I meet about philosophy 24/7 LOL

why don't you create an online course on Udemy or like or create a book/video/youtube channel/podcast and channel that energy there? It seems there is a "chatter" part in you wants to be heard ( ask me how I know this "philosophy" creature, lolz, we are very good friends and mine can only shut up when I actually channel it into something creative, usually works:P )

you are correct on physical part though, if you don't do it, it ( energy) will tear you apart. You need to clear meridians to let it flow, but you also need to learn lots of stuff ( how do I know? I am in a same boat as you. And I am slowly figuring out that throwing qi balls around filled with different ranges of energy is probably not so good for humanity.... I can be very cruel and very powerful...kind of does not go well with "nice and fluffy kitty" attire...)

I don't really have bad thoughts, I have been doing philosophy for a while. I always catch myself when I fall into diseased patterns of thought which get tangled up in negative emotions. I said to the other people in the room that my friend was in a state of complete love when she went quiet because that is the energy I was sending. I don't think bad of people really and I don't get angry with people with different views from mine. I don't vote or follow politics, go shopping or anything like that!

But, I'm not claiming to be a saint and I'm sure there's a ton of things I'm not aware of, So I'll take your advise seriously. Plus thinking about it now I probably made a mistake because her leg went from purple to red and normal colour pretty quickly and I kept looking at the red bits and thinking it's still not better and trying to project more energy into the leg, so I take your point. That is the first time I tried something like that and I was trying to help. But, I admit I haven't got a clue what I'm doing ultimately. So thanks!

I didn't mean it to sound like "bad thoughts" -- good intentions with a scalpel can be very dangerous without "a clue what I'm doing", right? :) You wouldn't randomly hand out pharmaceuticals (or potent herbs, if you prefer) to see what happens or with the hope that doing so with a loving heart will make it beneficial.

That you had a positive influence on your friend is wonderful! You clearly have an aptitude for healing. If it is a path you wish to follow, take the time to develop a foundation, to learn to focus, and to understand (at least beyond the "have a clue" state :)) what you are working with. Your friends & pets will thank you...

:)

• Like 3

why don't you create an online course on Udemy or like or create a book/video/youtube channel/podcast and channel that energy there? It seems there is a "chatter" part in you wants to be heard ( ask me how I know this "philosophy" creature, lolz, we are very good friends and mine can only shut up when I actually channel it into something creative, usually works:P )

you are correct on physical part though, if you don't do it, it ( energy) will tear you apart. You need to clear meridians to let it flow, but you also need to learn lots of stuff ( how do I know? I am in a same boat as you. And I am slowly figuring out that throwing qi balls around filled with different ranges of energy is probably not so good for humanity.... I can be very cruel and very powerful...kind of does not go well with "nice and fluffy kitty" attire...)

I'm not really a teacher, I just happen to like philosophy but probably I'm not in a position to teach right now anyway,. I need to learn more first. In any case the internet already has enough half-educated morons labelling themselves "enlightened educators" as it is. I probably know enough to turn out a fine brigade of paranoid schizophrenics lol

Edited by Aletheia

I didn't mean it to sound like "bad thoughts" -- good intentions with a scalpel can be very dangerous without "a clue what I'm doing", right? :) You wouldn't randomly hand out pharmaceuticals (or potent herbs, if you prefer) to see what happens or with the hope that doing so with a loving heart will make it beneficial.

That you had a positive influence on your friend is wonderful! You clearly have an aptitude for healing. If it is a path you wish to follow, take the time to develop a foundation, to learn to focus, and to understand (at least beyond the "have a clue" state :)) what you are working with. Your friends & pets will thank you...

:)

Right, so I think I'll start another thread to ask where I start out developing the foundation. I was going to read Damo's first book on Nei Dan next to get some understanding of the theory. Healing would be great but I don't know what that foundation entails. I just know a little bit about internal alchemy atm. I still don't even have a daily practise I just breathe at the heat during the day when I'm sat at the computer, walking, sitting on the train etc.

• Like 2

Right, so I think I'll start another thread to ask where I start out developing the foundation. I was going to read Damo's first book on Nei Dan next to get some understanding of the theory. Healing would be great but I don't know what that foundation entails. I just know a little bit about internal alchemy atm. I still don't even have a daily practise I just breathe at the heat during the day when I'm sat at the computer, walking, sitting on the train etc.

I suggest starting that new thread in the General Discussion section.

;)

• Like 1

I suggest you stay FAR away from Western yoga.  When I think of yoga it makes me think of this:

It is absolutely useless for cultivating chi power, and Western chi kung is turning into the same thing, so most chi kung isn't much help either, specially the kinds where they sit around with their finger in their nose, visualizing things.   Tai chi, taught by a real master is a good foundation but it can take many years and some luck.

Also I would say stay away from Reiki, it's turned into a new age religion and it is a farce compared to chi kung healing methods.

The fastest and most efficient way to cultivate chi power is with Zhan Zhuang, standing meditation, and there happens to be a really good master of Zhan Zhuang in England, possibly near where you live.  Even if you don't live near him he has written what I consider a best book on cultivation, and that is called "The way of Energy" and it's by master Lam Kam Chuen.

The good thing about Zhan Zhuang is that since there is little of no movement that it is possible to learn it from a book or a video.  You can look up Zhan Zhuang on Utube and get lots of good instruction.  Lam Kam Chuen also has made some good videos for beginners that you could start with:

Here's a quote about Zhan Zhang that a friend wrote that is kind of interesting:  "Sometimes it happens during Zhan Zhuang (Standing Meditation) that unusal powers or abilities may spontaneously manifest - such as somehow being freed from the confines and limitations of the body leaving one to soar beyond, moving about more freely than ever before - sort of like being on a Magic Carpet. These experiences and others like them cannot be taught but rather appear suddenly as if 'out of the blue."

No doubt there is some discussion about Zhan Zhuang on this forum but I don't know the quality of it.  Also, to a lot of people on this forum it is popular to discuss abstaining from sex to cultivate chi power but that's isn't necessary.

I'm interested in hearing about your experience starting standing meditations.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

I suggest starting that new thread in the General Discussion section.

;)

Actually, I read the book Miracle Healing from China by Effie Chow and in the book it says the brainwaves of the people being healed match up with the qigong masters during the session. So maybe the qigong masters actually take it easy with the qi projection because the people being healed experience the same kind of conscious awareness they experience. I know for a fact if I were to experience 3 years ago what I experience now it would probably send me straight to a mental institution because conceptually it's completely different. So, I'll keep that in mind for sure.