thelerner

Analyzing historic pictures

We had an old thread here that was based on analyzing some old pictures.  I couldn't find it, but this image is worth some group analysis.  Ultimately we'd need to find where they came from, how old they were, but without that, what do you make of the images?

image.jpg

• Like 4

The one from Mesopotamia, is muscled like a body builder.  Both are armed but the one on the right's daggers look larger and better used, he has a crueler beak, you wouldn't want to mess with him.  Both seem to have gotten there purses from the same store, perhaps Macy's of Coach store. 

The Ecuadorean seems a little more lizard then bird.  It's seems a good bet to assume Mesopotamia is much much older then Ecuador, but one never knows.   One of these could be copy from 100's or 1,000's of years ago, or an artist or forgers work from the turn of the century..  

• Like 1

Right hand genuinely ancient probably Assyrian - left hand fake copy in bronze.

• Like 2

is muscled like a body builder.  

kind of not about the pictures question... but... "a body builder"... mmm... how do I put my question right...

so, here is a story...

one time I was at the Jai Uttal's kirtan and he was saying he will call his "guru" now. So they are singing, blah blah blah, I sit there in the music, enjoying it... my eyes closed... then I see " a "body builder" with an elephant head shows up. Three dimensional. He does not pay attention to me, but looks around like "you again, ( i.e. to Jay), whatever..." and disappears. I am like... whoa... so Ganesha is your guru, but you obviously do not hear him. ( I am gonna skip the topic of cultural appropriation, not the point here). But to me what was odd is that "shiny", "glowing" Ganesha was a body-builder.... I mean, as a woman I appreciate nice male bod... meow....but everywhere else he is pictured rather "not so body builder"?....

Another time in another place, I was ... well... who knows where this cat walks.... anyways... I run into a "guy with a coyote/shakal head", again, shiny, three dimensional, topless ( body-builder bod)... Since I had to go and do something, he kind of helped. 

So... question... anybody else ran into those "well looking body-builders" during "field-trips"? If they ( gods?devas?holograms?) are from the previous civilizations, why humanity is so far away from those standards of body these days? I mean... Seems to me ( and based on posted pics), body-builder bod was kind of like a pre-requisite? 

thoughts are welcome...

• Like 2

We had an old thread here that was based on analyzing some old pictures.  I couldn't find it, but this image is worth some group analysis.  Ultimately we'd need to find where they came from, how old they were, but without that, what do you make of the images?

The one on the left is a well known fake - debunked some time back . 

Check out  "Father Crespi'  ( who was responsible for promoting it )    . 

• Like 1

kind of not about the pictures question... but... "a body builder"... mmm... how do I put my question right...

so, here is a story...

one time I was at the Jai Uttal's kirtan and he was saying he will call his "guru" now. So they are singing, blah blah blah, I sit there in the music, enjoying it... my eyes closed... then I see " a "body builder" with an elephant head shows up. Three dimensional. He does not pay attention to me, but looks around like "you again, ( i.e. to Jay), whatever..." and disappears. I am like... whoa... so Ganesha is your guru, but you obviously do not hear him. ( I am gonna skip the topic of cultural appropriation, not the point here). But to me what was odd is that "shiny", "glowing" Ganesha was a body-builder.... I mean, as a woman I appreciate nice male bod... meow....but everywhere else he is pictured rather "not so body builder"?....

harumph !   I will have you know my dear ,    bald with big belly is the new sexy !  

Another time in another place, I was ... well... who knows where this cat walks.... anyways... I run into a "guy with a coyote/shakal head", again, shiny, three dimensional, topless ( body-builder bod)... Since I had to go and do something, he kind of helped. 

Anpu ? 

So... question... anybody else ran into those "well looking body-builders" during "field-trips"? If they ( gods?devas?holograms?) are from the previous civilizations, why humanity is so far away from those standards of body these days? I mean... Seems to me ( and based on posted pics), body-builder bod was kind of like a pre-requisite? 

Nah, its lotz a stuff .... artistic styling is a major issue   I mean look at Amarna artwork !  Yikes !     Also, check  the 'musculature '   ( and ligaments and tendons ) on the forearms and calves .   I have an Iranian friend / boss and his are like that  (and sometimes I have sparred him - yikes !  Dont let him get a hold of you - one time I saw him in a fight, a guy tried to push him and he pushed back, the guy slid along the floor, collected various tables and chairs on the way and the whole lot came flying out the door -  called him 'tsunami' after that  :D )     ...  if one takes into account stylistic and ethnic differences needing to be expressed in a ;thick form' - sculpture.  Its a body type , like some African tribes are  very tall and slender.

Ancient  sculpture is like that when depicting ethnic groups, they exaggerate the differences for clear identification. 

And of course Gods and heroes are always strong  ;) 

• Like 2

I wonder if thelerner is referring to this one:

Buddha in Persia

I am almost certain that I originally saw this comparison of the two bird men in that thread, but it is not there now, and no sign of it being edited out, but Nungali says nasty things about Father Crespi there also in relation to a post by Gendao.  In any case the thread in spite of its beginning with the idea that the Buddha originated and Persia and ended being, if not exactly for the birds, then for the bird men.

ZYD

• Like 1

Not fake

a9d4a7749e1a2cebf2b89129a8bbdee4.jpg

Not fake

df3312a4972ffd53caaa0ff09694bb43.jpg

Not fake

5cef71607e08c9872d5d57f9d4e8e39e.jpg

See those 'handbags'?  Look here :

gobekli+tepe+11.PNG

• Like 3

so, here is a story...

thoughts are welcome...

Energetically the inner power is intensely muscular - one could be a tub in the relative and a massive lion or fierce bird in beingness though the power is indescribable.

Yes, they are all over the place.  They are worth exploring.  I have seen bas-reliefs where they actually dip the pine cone into them before dousing humans with what they contain. 

Old school doctors used to carry the "doctor's bag" with them at all times.  The one my grandaunt never left home without looked like this:

bag_0019.jpg

Considering the pine cone involvement, I think those alien gods were "doctoring" our species to their specs. 

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

Not fake

a9d4a7749e1a2cebf2b89129a8bbdee4.jpg

Not fake

Good Analyzing !     Men in long coats make an offereing .

df3312a4972ffd53caaa0ff09694bb43.jpg

Not fake

Nope.   - a man in a fish costume .

5cef71607e08c9872d5d57f9d4e8e39e.jpg

THis one doesn't appear to be fake either  ... a winged demon. 

How are they all related ?   Not sure    -    but ,   top figure on left and the next two figures all seem to have similar arm positions , and holding a  "handbag "  down and  an 'offering'  ( an incense pot ? )    up . 

• Like 1

What a wacky story !     SIte closed, no one allowed in ... yet  they redug it and redefined it recently    WOW ...    not many archaeological sites allow that ! 

And it gets weirder ;   "  When the site was discovered, several items were found in a small pit[citation needed]: what appeared to be a satellite photo of the figure, a jar containing a small flag of the US, and a note which referred to the Branch Davidians, a religious group infamous for being attacked in the Waco raid in 1993. These were the only other human artifacts found at the site when it was discovered, apart from some bamboo stakes that had been used to mark out the outline. "

- Wiki  

....  Branch Davidians  ? !       :unsure: 

• Like 1

gobekli+tepe+11.PNG

And here ;  

Aboriginal  ' Dilly Bag ' 

SUSAN-BALBUNGA_basket1.jpg

Aboriginal  'Naga basket '

80f07803624245d3e4744ac5c1eae9c3.jpg

[ I often like to compare Australian Aboriginal 'stuff'  ( eg. their astronomy / astrology ) as a  living example of the way ancient people may have done things elsewhere  - but I got severely attacked for that on an archaeology forum .

... meh ...  used to be attacked now    ;)   ] 

• Like 2

Yes, they are all over the place.  They are worth exploring.

Yes, I think most peoples came up with the idea that a  bag is 'handy' for  'holding '   stuff  .

I have seen bas-reliefs where they actually dip the pine cone into them before dousing humans with what they contain. 

​You mean they pinecone acts as an aspergillus  ?   Yes, I seem to remeber seeing that   .....  <squints >  is that what the fish guy up there is using, and the dude top left ?  . 

What do they contain ?    Hopefully something better than 'Holy Water '

Old school doctors used to carry the "doctor's bag" with them at all times.  The one my grandaunt never left home without looked like this:

Considering the pine cone involvement, I think those alien gods were "doctoring" our species to their specs. 

With a pine cone ?   ...   I would have thought   ' alien doctors'   that could   'doctor species to their specs' j would have bought  better medical equipment with them  !   

Edited by Nungali

Maybe David Koresh was right after all?

All right Brian ... I am getting a BIT sus on you Yanks !   This giant petroglyph  'appeared' recently ,  is near a large  U.S. linked and controlled military base ( with large machinery ) 

and ! .... 

Several anonymous press releases which appeared following the discovery led to the suggestion that the Marree Man was created by people from the United States. The releases said "your State of SA", "Queensland Barrier Reef" and mentioned Aborigines "from the local Indigenous Territories", terms not used by Australians. The press releases also mentioned the Great Serpent in Ohio, which is not well known outside the US. But it has been conjectured that these features of the press releases may have been red herrings, inserted to provide an illusion of American authorship. "

I know  the sort of things you guys get up to here   ..... in our  'outback '     

a-funny-soldiers-2.jpg?quality=85&strip=

• Like 2

All right Brian ... I am getting a BIT sus on you Yanks ! This giant petroglyph 'appeared' recently , is near a large U.S. linked and controlled military base ( with large machinery )

and ! ....

" Several anonymous press releases which appeared following the discovery led to the suggestion that the Marree Man was created by people from the United States. The releases said "your State of SA", "Queensland Barrier Reef" and mentioned Aborigines "from the local Indigenous Territories", terms not used by Australians. The press releases also mentioned the Great Serpent in Ohio, which is not well known outside the US. But it has been conjectured that these features of the press releases may have been red herrings, inserted to provide an illusion of American authorship. "

I know the sort of things you guys get up to here ..... in our 'outback '

a-funny-soldiers-2.jpg?quality=85&strip=

OK, I confess -- I made the whole thing up!

:lol:

EDIT: I built the Great Snake, too.

And Judaculla Rock...

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

Yes, they are all over the place.  They are worth exploring.

Yes, I think most peoples came up with the idea that a  bag is 'handy' for  'holding '   stuff  .

I have seen bas-reliefs where they actually dip the pine cone into them before dousing humans with what they contain. 

​You mean they pinecone acts as an aspergillus  ?   Yes, I seem to remeber seeing that   .....  <squints >  is that what the fish guy up there is using, and the dude top left ?  . 

What do they contain ?    Hopefully something better than 'Holy Water '

With a pine cone ?   ...   I would have thought   ' alien doctors'   that could   'doctor species to their specs' j would have bought  better medical equipment with them  !   

The pine cone is a metaphor, dude.  Stands for the pineal gland.  Stands for take a wild guess what in the Vatican:

fontana-della-pigna-pine-cone-fountain-s

The "handbag" is also a metaphor.  Might not be a handbag at all, some depictions look more like a bucket. 

Reading symbolic images verbatim is counterproductive.  Recognizing the symbology in its ancient symbiotic embrace with ideology, anything but.

• Like 2

And here ;  

Aboriginal  ' Dilly Bag ' 

SUSAN-BALBUNGA_basket1.jpg

Aboriginal  'Naga basket '

80f07803624245d3e4744ac5c1eae9c3.jpg

[ I often like to compare Australian Aboriginal 'stuff'  ( eg. their astronomy / astrology ) as a  living example of the way ancient people may have done things elsewhere  - but I got severely attacked for that on an archaeology forum .

... meh ...  used to be attacked now     ;)   ] 

Handbags at dawn ... of time :)

• Like 1

The pine cone is a metaphor, dude.  Stands for the pineal gland.

Okay  Got it  ,   they dipped pineal glands in the bucket and sprinkled 'stock species' with annunakai alien gods "doctoring" our species to their specs    stuff .  

Stands for take a wild guess what in the Vatican:

fontana-della-pigna-pine-cone-fountain-s

Thats an angel with heaps of titties 

Like these 

panoramaj2.jpg

The "handbag" is also a metaphor.  Might not be a handbag at all, some depictions look more like a bucket. 

Yeah ....  a handbag would get soggy  if was supposed to carry liquid  .... and ruin the lipstick .

Reading symbolic images verbatim is counterproductive.

Agreed.

Recognizing the symbology in its ancient symbiotic embrace with ideology, anything but.

If     we really do  understand that ideology. 

Edited by Nungali

Handbags at dawn ... of time :)

:D     You made me think of a classic movie scene ....

20110925-114643.jpg

... but he is using a handbag .