Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

90% of medical cannabis has parthenogens ?

They gathered 20 samples of medical marijuana from across California and took them apart, pulling out a range of dangerous bacteria and fungi which they analyzed right down to their DNA.

Even Land was surprised by the results. “We were a little bit startled that ninety percent of those samples had something on them. Some DNA of some pathogen,” he told KPIX 5.

http://hempbeach.com/fungus-in-medical-marijuana-eyed-as-possible-cause-in-california-mans-death/

:blink: 

Article says they can get into lungs, which are very receptive to that sort of infection . 

I guess, because in a joint, only the end is burning, your mouth would be sucking on a tube full of  mould (if it was  there ) as you lit it  ?

[   How's the water level where you are Aussie ?   ]

• Like 1

Hi Nungali,

Just finished bringing in the hay,round bales,one bail at a time.

Wanted to finish before it started raining,I did,it has,and is still raining right now.

You've been getting wet?

Probably find pathogen DNA on lots of plants grown outside.

This might be the answer for such high numbers.  It'd be interesting to do the same deep testing on a couple of common fruits and vegetables and see if we didn't get similar numbers of dangerous bacteria and fungi.  Or not.. maybe marijuana or somewhere in its harvesting is problematic.  The devils in the details and unless I saw people getting sick from smoking, or ingesting I'd want more information before taking it too seriously.

If any of us had our cheek swabbed or put our hair dandruff into a petri dish, we'd be amazed at the crazy growths that grow out of it. 

In some ways this is Bacteria's world, we just live in it. 

addon> reading the link in the OP, made me a little more thoughtful about the possible risk.  The article isn't journalists trying to sensationalize anything, instead its a doctor who's investigating the death by pathological fungi of his patients.  My kudos to him and the site for bringing this up.  There could be a real problem, without (probably easy) safeguards medical marijuana might be hurting or killing people who are vulnerable. 

• Like 2

Hi Nungali,

Just finished bringing in the hay,round bales,one bail at a time.

Wanted to finish before it started raining,I did,it has,and is still raining right now.

You've been getting wet?

Just a tad 

got 250 mm on the weekend , all bridges flooded   (made it home over the last one by about 10 mins )

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2017/03/18/nsw-emergency-crews-prepare-for-flooding.html

• Like 1

Probably find pathogen DNA on lots of plants grown outside.

and the people affected   were sick and had compromised immunity .

Some 'black market' gunja reeks of mould at times ... wouldnt touch it with a pole ... people sell it, and people smoke it !  Many cant even tell the difference .

< smells some .... nearly gets knocked backward by the 'ammonia' smell    >    " Gakk ! "

< someone else smells it >  " Ooooo   , that smells strong !  "  

WTF ?     :blink:

• Like 1

... and while on the subject  ( smokers beware ! )

Some people spray it with caterpillar poison .... smokin that is   reeeaaal   healthy !

Edited by Nungali

This might be the answer for such high numbers.  It'd be interesting to do the same deep testing on a couple of common fruits and vegetables and see if we didn't get similar numbers of dangerous bacteria and fungi. 

Indeed. As I said, the peoples health was compromised and immunity low , but still ;   the structure of the plant lends itself to harbouring mould. Think of the difference between, say some mould on an orange (outside on a smooth skin, that can be washed , compared to , something like broccoli.  The growth process can be a battle against various moulds and fungus before its even harvested. It can even survive a correct drying process and become activated later. 

This is worse in a climate like I have , wet season during autumn and harvest .  Cant grow a lot of things here , tried soya beans - disaster;  just when you want them dry for harvesting and the husks to dry and fall off ... down it comes .   We used to get our soy (for our little tofu / tempeh factory from Lismore. I have no idea how they grew it there ... probably a big enterprise with huge drying sheds .

Or not.. maybe marijuana or somewhere in its harvesting is problematic.  The devils in the details and unless I saw people getting sick from smoking, or ingesting I'd want more information before taking it too seriously.

People get 'sick' from smoking it all the time !     They smoke the wrong type for their constitution and get lazy, 'unflowing' , paranoid, psychotic, headache, bad lungs ....  etc . 

In some ways this is Bacteria's world, we just live in it. r put our hair dandruff into a petri dish, we'd be amazed at the crazy growths that grow out of it. 

Did some experiments with them in education sources I had to do when I worked in hospital. A nurse bought in an evil looking substance to put in a dish, teacher asked what it was, nurse goes  "Water from our bong at home ."     :D   - teacher goes okay put it in.

Man !    It ended becoming a rainforest with its own ecosystem !   (Well   ....   more so than other things we grew )  

addon> reading the link in the OP, made me a little more thoughtful about the risk.  The article isn't journalists trying to sensationalize anything, instead its a doctor who's investigating the death by pathological fungi of his patients.  My kudos to him and the site for bringing this up.  There could be a real problem, without (probably easy) safeguards medical marijuana might be hurting or killing people who are vulnerable. 

It needs to be checked out before consumption , the mold can grow after its packaged.

IN any case, it cant be worse than the bathtub brewed shit that passes off as 'recreational drugs' nowadays  ..... 

'Ice epidemic'   !   :wacko:     ......   Nungali moves hermitage even further up into the bush     

Best to ring first before you be comin around now ....

hamilton_j_-old_farmer_with_shotgun~OM8c

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this