Having This ,a few times in the past....

Cannot remember now when the last time it happened, has not occured for many many months , or even a year or two ,or more ..

The experience is always brief

Lasting just a few seconds everytime it happen....

And what is it? Some trick played by the brain?

Happened in a variety of situations ; (again, unable to recall the specifics of it),but just mundane situations....

Eg.. was reading a book, and boom (!) , for a few seconds, there is this sense of familiarity,that this experience "im now sitting here on this particular floor,reading this book... ," has happened before...

The experience is not some vague dreaming condition,always happened in real waking state,and with a revelation(if i can use such word) " hey,this has happened to me before! "

Again, what is this (experience of )deja vu?

Edited by taoteching99
  • Like 2

Would like to add : the moment of deja vu has such 'revelatory' quality to it ,a quality that is perplexing to the mind(perhaps such perplexing is why it become a memorable experience, but memorable not in the sense of remembering the specifics of the situation/ moment) , the mind that says this experience is not possible, how can what is happening in the here/now possibly has happened before? Anyone who has experienced deja vu before can relate to the perplexion :-)

Edited by taoteching99
  • Like 2

I experienced deja vu once when I was in my twenties.  There was no way I could reconcile it with logic.

• Like 2

oh yes, I did have deja vu. And it's indeed a strange phenomna, just as you describe.

psychologists say it is some trick of the brain, I once read about there theories. But to me...it's like they try to explain something that they have no knowledge of.

just let it be.

A tree is a wonder

and  a bird

and a rolling sea

everything we meet is a wonder, but were some sort of used to those wonders.

Maybe deja vu is like siddhi's, something that feels strange, but not to become overmuch intrigued by.

• Like 4

Happens to me all the time (meaning - a lot). The mind interprets this with a sense of foreboding (apprehension that something bad is going to happen) -- but usually does not. I think in some alternate reality, something "bad" really happened following that moment. There is a dream like quality immediately following this.

EDIT - Sometimes memories of an entire chain of events following the deja vu flash through the mind. Usually too quickly to comprehend. Sometimes things slow down just a bit. 

Edited by dwai
  • Like 3

Happens to me all the time (meaning - a lot). The mind interprets this with a sense of foreboding (apprehension that something bad is going to happen) -- but usually does not. I think in some alternate reality, something "bad" really happened following that moment. There is a dream like quality immediately following this.

EDIT - Sometimes memories of an entire chain of events following the deja vu flash through the mind. Usually too quickly to comprehend. Sometimes things slow down just a bit.

1. Feel ( by the mind) " Something bad is going to happen " , didnt have that .

2. Memories of chain of events - dont experience that either....

Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

What's really spooky is when a chain of events plays out in real-time and you remember step-by-step what happens next. Doesn't happen to me often (but more often...) and I always think "next time I will interrupt the stream to see what happens" but so far I only think that afterwards.

• Like 4