Sign in to follow this  
Taojustis

Pets?

Do you have any animals?

(Especially ones that are named after your interest in the Dao?)

Meet my rat fur kids-

Tao and Chi

(Tao = white; Chi = black)

Tao is very relaxed, and will go limp in your arms for a cuddle.

Chi is very restless and loves to zip around the cage to gently groom my fingers.

• Like 3

We don't really pets anymore,our last dog buried in a garden bed,budgie grew old and fell from the perch.

Still have two pet cows which still love a pat,don't usually keep cows as pets.

One of the cows was born a twin,her brother was a bull/steer.

The thing with cow twins if one is male the other female,effects the female making her sterile.

The other cows mother just didn't have any milk for her and was already being hand fed.

When the twin cows mother rejected her after her first feed and subsequent lightning storm.

So we reared them together,the twin still hasn't had offspring as expected,neither have been tagged,both are halter trained.

The kids named them bubbles and milky.

post-112539-0-68548200-1489895465_thumb.jpgpost-112539-0-25158000-1489895485_thumb.jpg

Prefer the wild pets,feed them daily,but don't have to lock them up.

Edited by AussieTrees
  • Like 2

I have a cat wich is very interested in my practices. She likes to be around when I practice qigong. If the door is closed, she certainly begins to ask to be allowed into the room.

• Like 2

at the moment  4 butcher birds  ( 'Chuckles'  had  triplets this year .... 3 little ones. ) , a brush turkey, a currawong, 2 ring tail possums .... for some strange reason , at the moment - no goanna  :huh:

• Like 3

Chuck, the Chihuahua, who likes to nap, whine and eat. He is a real PITA, but we love him inspite of his neediness.

20180408_125328.thumb.jpg.61f97addebeb345956f8d0da50140904.jpg

Piper, the Tibetan Terrier. He is a big puppy with a gentle, happy demeanor, even at 8. Piper is a hugger, likes having his picture taken and thinks he is a lap dog. 

20180408_125429.thumb.jpg.6a097a567ec98dd85baaa2d56c524eda.jpg

• Like 2

Spoiler

Rama and Maya.  Brother and Sister and near mirror images of each other in markings and personality.  He's big, quiet and shy.  She's a bullet and talks non-stop, teaching us games she loves.  Both were wild born and domesticated @ six months old.  Took them a few days to come out from behind the toilet, then a few more before they came out of the bedroom.  Now, Maya follows me everywhere I go and Rama is glued to my Son's lap.

_MG_2229.thumb.JPG.d5c90fe17a7d023d800023198b8b80ad.JPG_MG_2234.thumb.JPG.429524af59020c1857a1a3780bdcdf33.JPG

Spoiler

This is Grey Tara.  She's another wild born, and has been with us a little over a year now.  She hardly ever makes a sound, and never once, anything above a squeak, but she communicates clearer than any cat I've ever known.  IMG_0279.thumb.JPG.a4ba41a07a948b2c6542e264e1439a48.JPGIMG_0456.thumb.JPG.581dc3e03f6f739c8e657b087d51d087.JPGIMG_0233.thumb.JPG.1237675676092f679ba652f409f0f83a.JPG

• Like 3

On 30/12/2017 at 9:56 PM, 121 said:

Spiders with spider web

All around

Did you know that spiders in mythology represent creators and architects? Because they weave a chain of causes and effects like a spider and alsi because the web represents the matrix of world, in which causal center they reside. Or just It if you're monotheist. Nothing to do with shells. They create nothing.

• Like 1

my children are my pets.   Though 2 have flown the coop for college. 

Pets are great, but I'm allergic to cat and dogs.  Yet maybe when I'm older, 70's,  I'll get a full size poodle.  Smart, good natured, non-shedding.. loveable.. moppable..

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

latest  resident   'Stumpy'    ;  a     Goanna , ' Lace Monitor '  ( Varanus varius )   * .... he turned up at the beginning of last winter with half his front leg torn off .... horrible , tendons bone and muscle hanging out and he was walking on it !  :o     I fed him a bit and tried to help out , but he was pretty freaked out .  Then he turns up after the spring emergence , still alive, flopping along on the stump !

So he gets food now and then to keep him going .  he doesn't run off like the others ( cause he cant )  when you approach him, he just looks up at you wistfully as if saying 'You aren't gonna make me run are you ? Just let me lie here in the sun.'   So i do, and can get very close to him .  That is when I see him, and don't nearly accidentally tread on him !

Goanna_head2.jpg

• Like 1

Owls in west are symbol of wisdom (the owl of minerva ,

The greek godnes athena),

It is the historic symbol of the

ILLuminati .

In the east it is symbol o death

Do google: owl china (the chinese belive the owl have dark supernatural power)

In hebrew owl is ינשוף  in gimatria

446 that is מות death .

Here in Israel a owl ינשוף is the name of the device that you breath
In to check the amount of alcohol you drank. The road police is using them. 
The name owl in Hebrew has connotation to נשף to blow air.

Ahhh ... but ya gotta bring them up a good way .... then they become 'nice'  ;

" Ahhhh  there  whooooo  s  a good boy now ? "

article-2063680-0EDDA13B00000578-901_634

• Like 1

I have pet owls they live outside. I hear them talking at night and see them in the trees. One morning a feather was left outside my front door for me to find.

I have never actual petted the owls but some people have pets they do not pet.

I like owls because owls are owls when people think of owls they must be mad owls become a symbol of what the person thinks and no longer an owl. This is how people become owls and owls become people.

When owls see people do they think the human symbol is a bad omen or maybe a good omen or something in between. Mostly owls must think humans are weird for sleeping at night seems like a strange thing to do during breakfast time.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this