Vajra Fist

New Spring Forest Five Element DVD

Has anyone tried the new Five Elements form from Chunyi Lin?

I have the original level one and it came across as a qi building and strengthening practice rather than purifying and cleansing. This new DVD seems to fall in the latter camp.

Tempted to invest but at $130 it's not an impulse purchase. Anyone have any experience with it?

Spring forests qigong is definitely purifying and cleansing, as well as building and strengthening.  The first and third actions are purifying.

It's built around the MCO.

The 5 element is similar to zz, and focused on strengthening qi and doing that on specific channels.

I don't have it, but Chunyi taught parts of it at a recent seminar. I thought it was great.

John

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 2

I bought this about a month ago and have been using it.  I like it.  It's more physical then the regular level 1 course.  For two of the exercises you do slow quarter squat exercises.  During one of the slow quarter squat exercises you have your hands up in the air like your holding a beach ball.  Afterwards I notice I feel more earthy and the energy is more grounded into my body.  With his level one system - I feel more Chi on the outside of my body - which is ready to be transferred to other people for healing.  I also notice that I never feel hungry after doing the 5 elements.  Chunyi Lin says that when you raise your hands above your head you stimulate the Triple Heaters.....I quoted him below.

"For example, raising your hands above your head helps stimulate the triple heaters, a very important energy system that helps transform energy in the body. The triple heaters are relevant to what are now called the gland (endocrine) system and the lymph (lymphatic) system. Both of these systems contribute to immune system function. Many problems are caused when these two systems are not working correctly: arthritis, internal organ problems, cancers, mental issues, eating disorders, sleeping disorders, etc."

• Like 1

Yes, I enjoy the new movements a lot too. Especially connect to Heaven and Earth.  I found the new system goes very deep. There is an entire science behind the addition of emotions. They subtly recondition you to see yourself as an energetic being. You will realize that whatever disturbance comes to you, you can shift your inner energetic arrangement into a posture of peace.

You get used to shifting. You start asking what's real ? The story in your mind, or the posture of peace/happiness you just created ? You realize that you can subtly sculpt your energy into any way you wish. I mean you're already doing it with the movements, so why not try in daily life ? Then you need to drop the shifting altogether, and just watch as any external disturbance dissolves into that posture of peace. You're not doing it anymore, you've conditioned the energy. It's all prayer and the energy following your intent at that level.

Each emotion will also strengthen your organs. Gratitude is especially useful because it strengthens the communication lines between organs, between the kidneys and the four organs. When there's any illness, you can be sure there's kidney energy not flowing correctly to an organ. You can even imagine being into the kidneys and sending love to the four organs. They will be grateful for it. Peace is the second most important emotion for the connections between organs. Imagine you are in the pancreas and sending peace to the other organs. Because the pancreas is the energetic switchboard of the body, as described by Master Chunyi Lin.

Once the connections between organs are strong, the best exercise to actually strengthen them is Moving of Yin and Yang. The hands hover over the organs and slightly massage them along the front channel. After a while, the five Qi from the organs will gather to become Divine medicine. It's an entire system.

Edited by Sebastian
  • Like 4