Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Trumpcare

As I feared & warned months ago, the healthcare plan put forward by Establishmentarians in the House and heartily endorsed by the Nationalist-Populist President is a big-government travesty which keeps most of the terrible aspects of Obamacare while putting in place what will be the biggest entitlement program yet. It's not quite the complete takeover Barrack and Hillary dreamt of but it would guarantee the same crash and ultimate outcome just the same.

• Like 1

The bottom line issue is cost... unless they drive costs down, there is nothing worth discussing. 

• Like 1

So I'll discuss it further  :P

Spicy (yes, my wife saw the SNL skit on him and just loves it and asks why they are not doing more)...  can't really grasp the average american's situation.   

I think goverment employees will never really understand the health care problem in the way an average american does.

Here is our story:

Humana canceled my wife's insurance without notice .

Her work said, several months ago that they would provide insurance...  

Yet, her fellow workers found they were getting medical bills over the last several months to suggest they were not covered.

The government does not fully understand the problem.

Step one: we're on a message board that at times discusses healing oneself using only the mind.

cbo report... interesting info there

also , medical organizations that are for / against trump care ?

Edited by Trunk

The stronger and harder that the media are against Trumpcare, the more effective it will be. 

(cause the media is insanely corrupt)

#DalaiTrump

They need to strip all of the members of congress, the house, the WH administration and cabinet of their health insurance and tell them to go get their own for a year and then they will understand maybe 10% of what the rest of the country understands about health insurance.

I can't imagine anyone, ever getting it right due to all the layers.  Unless every layer is identified and agrees to reduces costs, it will never be a working solution for everyone.

• Like 4

Unless every layer is identified and agrees to reduces costs,

Only competition in a free marketplace can reduce costs. 

With almost 20 years inside the health insurance industry, Wendell Potter saw for-profit insurers hijack our health care system and put profits before patients. Now, he speaks with Bill Moyers about how those companies are standing in the way of health care reform.

Wendell Potter, from wikipedia

Wendell Potter (born July 16, 1951) is an American consumer advocate, New York Times bestselling author, consultant, and former health insurance industry executive. A critic of HMOs and of the tactics used by insurers, Potter is also an advocate for major reforms of the industry, including universal health care. Prior to his resignation in 2008, Potter was vice president of corporate communications for the health insurance company CIGNA.[1] In June 2009, he testified against the HMO industry in the U.S. Senate to expose health insurance industry practices

There are plenty of very informative,  revealing, interviews w/ Wendell Potter on yt if you search for them.  He was a VP for one of the largest health insurance companies; he knows how they work and their deficiencies.

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 2

I think you don't really get it.

Competition between Humana and Blue Cross will cause pharms to lower costs?   cause malpractice insurance to drop?  Will cause state property tax on hospitals to drop? 

The only TRUE way to reduce is a trickle down reduction throughout the entire system...   When any one level refuses to reduces, they are the impediment to cost reduction. 

• Like 1

Competition between Humana and Blue Cross will cause pharms to lower costs? cause malpractice insurance to drop? Will cause state property tax on hospitals to drop?

The only TRUE way to reduce is a trickle down reduction throughout the entire system... When any one level refuses to reduces, they are the impediment to cost reduction.

A disconnect between consumer and payer results in market distortion.
  • Like 1

A disconnect between consumer and payer results in market distortion.

Well and certain companies become "selected", and the companies that are "selected" are not competing so they don't perform well and also raise costs. It is like stagnant water. 

Lockheed martin is an example of this with the F-35 program. 

Competition between Humana and Blue Cross will cause pharms to lower costs?   cause malpractice insurance to drop?  Will cause state property tax on hospitals to drop? 

That's the first problem, is you are limiting the market to Humana and Blue Cross. There should be thousands of initiatives competing against each other. 

I would assume Humana and Blue Cross are getting special privileges from the government that is making competition difficult and stagnating the market place. (corruption).

The US could learn a thing or two from Europe. France, Italy, Portugal, Iceland. Even some countries with serious economic problems -- Greece, Ireland, Spain -- are ranked way higher than the USA. And not because of free market competition.

Edited by dust
  • Like 1

The US could learn a thing or two from Europe. France, Italy, Portugal, Iceland. Even some countries with serious economic problems -- Greece, Ireland, Spain -- are ranked way higher than the USA. And not because of free market competition.

The USA is corrupt that is why it ranks low. Back in the 50s we had the highest standard of living in the world. 

We could manufacture goods for cheaper than China because we had technology.

What "things" are you talking about?

That's the first problem, is you are limiting the market to Humana and Blue Cross. There should be thousands of initiatives competing against each other. 

I would assume Humana and Blue Cross are getting special privileges from the government that is making competition difficult and stagnating the market place. (corruption).

That's just an example of competition... you're sounding like the media taking words too literally and missing the point :)

That's just an example of competition... you're sounding like the media taking words too literally and missing the point :)

Trump clearly makes the point that Americans have close to One option.

The only explanation for why healthcare is so incredibly expensive in the USA is lack of competition in the marketplace. 

hccostsbyage.png

Sign in to follow this