Sign in to follow this  
steviesrojas

Looking for a guide or a teacher.

Hello.

I was wondering if there's anyone here wh would be willing to teach, or guide me as I walk this Taoist path?

I just realised that I've been walking alone and it could be quite difficult sometimes. Or most of the time.

Actually, someone used to write to me a lot, but sadly, he moved back into his mountain and has no more access to wifi. How cool is that?

I've just gotten in to Taoism a few months ago so I'm really still new to all this.

I'd really appreciate someone who wouldn't mind taking a lot of questions. Haha!

Edited by steviesrojas
  • Like 1

Hi friend,

My advice is probably very different than what you'd expect:

Walk the path:

https://youtu.be/lkHTPa5cVSQ

Many, many, many, many circles until you see the worn off marks in your shoe soles. Then your mind will open to the Tao.

Rather than talking about it:

The people of this world are like the three butterflies in front of a candle's flame.

The first one went closer and said:I know about love.

The second one touched the flame lightly with his wings and said:I know how love's fire can burn.

The third one threw himself into the heart of the flame and was consumed.

He alone knows what true love is.

(Rumi ~ Poem of the Butterflies)

Now your task would be finding an IMA teacher and practicing daily in the open, next to a tree, listening to the chirping of the birds, the smell of flowers, the sound of the wind, etc.; this is the best way to learn Taoism.

Good luck! :)

• Like 2

Hi stevierojas.

I can't be a teacher to you, but I can share some ideas that might be of great help to you.

A few things to keep in mind are:

1. Have faith, and trust that everything is happening as it should. Let go and know that everything is okay.

2. Look to a Higher Power. If you don't believe in God, there's still a deeper part of you, your "divine nature," that is available to help you. You can always ask God or your divine nature questions, then sit quietly, and answers will come to you- you'll receive guidance in the form of thoughts and feelings. Also, you can always ask God or your divine nature for help whenever you need it.

3. Know that the kind of person you are matters FAR more than things like which spiritual practices you do, or even what you believe. Treat yourself and others with kindness- that's what the world needs.

4. Don't underestimate the value and power of forgiveness. If you can't forgive others out of love, at least let go of anger for YOU. Do it because it's best for you.

5. Keep things simple, not complicated. A major concept of Taoism is simplicity. Seek simple answers to your questions.

6. Do what gives you peace. Do what makes you truly happy. God wants you to be happy and wants you to do what gives you joy.

These are a few of the most important things I've learned.

Good luck.

All is well.

• Like 3

Thank you all for your beautiful responses. I truly appreciate all of them! In fact, they've been copied and pasted on my notepad. Haha!

• Like 1

Very good. You'll learn well as you have a soft mind, which is a prerequisite to be a good student. :)

Edited by Gerard

Chi Kung and Meditation. These are core practices that IMO strike to the heart of the Tao....if done daily. Many dvds and instructions can be found and purchased online. Do proper research around any techniques you come upon....asking others experiences with them and also seeing if you even resonate with them.

Teachers can be great and also be awful....it depends on the quality of the relationship as much as the techniques being shared. If in doubt take the teachings offered (if they are useful and bear fruit) and dive deep into them without all of the baggage of a head honcho above you.

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 1

I would like to teach daoist practicing but my English is very poor.

I come here to teach just for practicing English.

Is a teacher needed?  Is a teacher the point?  Is a practice needed?

I have been aware of the Tao as a philosophical/spiritual understanding for 50 years, but I would have nothing much to say about the Tao other than the Tao is.  I am new to this board and have little understanding of the nature and paths of Taoist views and Taoist practice expressed in the forums.

If casual thoughts are what you want to pursue, I guess there is a PM function in the software.

Ha, it is ok to have a teacher or not.

Everyone can have a choice.

No Matter you have a teacher or not, nothing can't stop you to understand what is dao.

The heart of dao is the most important.

• Like 1

Make a regular practice and honor it daily. Master will come when she/he comes but do not wait for them to start your practice...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this