Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Kombucha and Jun

I've been drinking kombucha lately.   GT's trinity.  I pour in a third, then fill the glass with seltzer.  Its very tasty.  Good probiotics and nutritional profile, though a bit acidic and you wouldn't want to go crazy. 

Seems like Jun is similar, same yeast/mold scoby but it likes green tea and honey.  Its supposed to be a little sweeter, more effervescent and brew faster and cooler then standard kombucha.  I think I'll try to make some.

I'd like to do the continuous method, cause I'm lazy.  I just ordered a 62 ounce glass kettle.  I'll order a jun scoby, brew up some sweet green tea w/ honey and see what forms.  The thinking is every week, pour off half into bottles, fill up 30 oz w/ fresh green tea.  When the scoby gets too big, floats too high, or too much yeast on the bottom, clean it out, and start anew.  Shaving the scoby thinner and putting it back in the tea to do its light fermentation. 

any thoughts?  or Jun (or Kombucha) drinkers out there?

• Like 1

yeah... I've been on kombucha run lately too. However, last Friday I saw a note at the store that they sell kombucha only to persons over 21 years of age... I looked at the label,but there were no alcohol signs... Weird...

Somewhere it said that because it can have a trace of alcohol <.5% stores would rather play it safe then sorry. 

Sign in to follow this