Oolong Rabbit

Anthroposophy and the dual forces of evil

I've often thought that when mystics/prophets see an outer battle of two opposing forces they might be just externalizing what going on in their heads. The two sides of the brain often war with each other and we can sometimes project our inner processes onto the outer world.

I've often thought that when mystics/prophets see an outer battle of two opposing forces they might be just externalizing what going on in their heads. The two sides of the brain often war with each other and we can sometimes project our inner processes onto the outer world.

Very Ahrimanic answer Darin <_< . Actually you are probably at least partially correct. Man is a microcosm after all. The thing that I find interesting about this is that it is a duality of opposing evil forces.

Very Ahrimanic answer Darin <_< . Actually you are probably at least partially correct. Man is a microcosm after all. The thing that I find interesting about this is that it is a duality of opposing evil forces.

I see now. Actually, with Buddhist cultivation, the only evil is that made of one's own mind. That means even the evil acts put upon someone...all of that wsa created in their mind, and not from only one lifetime.

The evil forces are only expressions of that made through mind, and they may come in manners like demons, or other beings. There is the name for the manner of evil, and it is called Mara. But evil forces even oppose themselves due to a greater feeling of superiority.

Write more later.. :-)

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

the only evil is that made of one's own mind
just externalizing what going on in their heads.
I remember reading the Screwtape Letters and one of the devils better ideas was to put it about that he doesn't exist. :blink:

I see now. Actually, with Buddhist cultivation, the only evil is that made of one's own mind. That means even the evil acts put upon someone...all of that [was] created in their mind, and not from only one lifetime.

The evil forces are only expressions of that made through mind, and they may come in manners like demons, or other beings. There is the name for the manner of evil, and it is called Mara. But evil forces even oppose themselves due to a greater feeling of superiority.

Write more later.. :-)

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Lin, very interesting perspective. Can't wait for "later" :)