Sign in to follow this  
nine tailed fox

releasing tension in eyes and head

I feel like i have too much tension in my eyes, face and head

Specially eyes and forehead

Is there any way, technique/exercise to release these tensions ?

• Like 1

may I ask a weird question? Does this have a pattern? I.e. it is the same "tapping" at certain places? Does it come from the inside ( i.e. meridian "knots") or from the outside? (i.e. possible spirit "tapping" for something you need to do for them?). If it's from the inside, you can clear it with qigongs/energy arts, if it's from the outside, you are too "shiny" and perhaps need to open portals for them...

Someone here mentioned "dragon claw" qi dredging technique. Basically you use all your ten fingers and run is let's say 24 or 36 or 64 ( but no more, teacher says weird results might come if do more than 64 times) through your head and then collect the energy at the shoulders and send it down to the Earth. Starts at your eyes/eyebrows and go through the head. It should lift some tension for internal stuff. 

PM me for external stuff if needed. I had three hour talk with my teacher today about it. 

• Like 1

I`m sure there are lots of ways.  One pretty failsafe all-round tension reliever is yawning. Just yawn for a few minutes, maybe five or ten.  Let yourself make noises as you do it.  Maybe give a little stretch.  Afterwards lie down and take a little nap or let your mind just wander for a bit.  

This is an exercise from something called Zapchen.  

• Like 2

yawning is good.. another is to stretch your face in all different directions and patterns- eyes closed tight as you can, open them wide. roll them, move them slowly left to right, up, down.. smile, frown, jaw wide open, tongue in directions, forehead...basically stretch and twist your face in all directions..SLOWLY for 5 minutes while breathing rhythmically..breathing while doing so is most important.. Give it a try.

Edited by bax44
  • Like 1

Hey i have tensions, stressed nerves on face, head and throat, it is usually cause by using a lot of the mind and focusing, frustration and stress... I still have stressed nerves on throat, but i m doing this and it helped in other area. The reason is that it teaches u to relax and have a relaxed concentration. give it a try. 

• Like 1

1, massage/rub your face regularly. 

2. Close eyes, pick a patch of tension {say left eye socket} and slowly breath in, focusing on the tension, letting yourself become very aware of it.  Breathe out with a letting go intention. Just let go. Like with the feeling of a sigh, that just gives up/lets go. Then move to the next patch of tension.

Then just keep repeating the process until your body/mind system has quit holding on to the tension there.  

If It wont shift, just pick another patch and work on that. Sometimes an area is so tight it is better to relax the areas around it before tackling it directly.  Breathe in focussing on the tension. Breathe out letting go.

• Like 2

After meditating, I'll rub my palms together fast and hard.  Once they're hot, I'll press the fleshy corner to my eyes, gently.  Feel the heat, and let it sink in.  Then as Seth does, massage/rub my face, downward, then upwards, over my head and down to the back of the neck.  . 

Think about getting an eye pillow (w/ lavender scent) or sobakawa pillow to put on your eyes/face.  Nothing too heavy but a little pressure can be very relaxing. 

• Like 2

Talabya Kriya eventually you may acquire Kechari Mudra then for certain there can be no tension.

You have to get Prana out of the head and redistributed in the body. Kechari bridges the head with body, Mahamudra redistributes Prana in the body.

HOHO I was just about to post an IDENTICAL question here.

i feel lots of pressure in the forehead and above it in front top part of the skull. It isn't causing pain yet and my guess is its from overthinking...

Sign in to follow this