Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

constant 'error with SQL server'

This ;

An error occured with the SQL server:

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above

But only on General forum ..... I have to get to Index page via internet search .  I can go there and any other forum from there or navigate from index page  but everytime I go to get into general, by any method  I get the 'error' message .

previously, this was fixed by ' emptying cache '   as   directed .     This time it only fixed forums other than general ??? 

( I swapped to  MS / Chrome a while back , to eliminate other probs )   

Now I am stuck, I seem to have no way of getting into general forum  ???

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above

.... although If I click on a general forum topic displayed  to the right of the page it lets me see THAT topic in general, but if I go to the top of that page and hit general forum .....

' An error occurred  ...   '       ?  WTF  ?  

The errors are the Wizard of TDB who checks to see who is affected by losing connection and determining their true IV of life  :P

Aside from jesting,  we do hope the update to a new server, PHP and software version will resolve this.   :)

• Like 2

So, has that been done yet ?    I am still locked out of General forum ( except the one topic on the index ) and nowhere else . 

LIke I said above   a few times the prob has been resolved by    deleting cached files from my browser  , yet this time, when I had no access at all, it gave me access but not to general  forum  .   

So, has that been done yet ?    I am still locked out of General forum ( except the one topic on the index ) and nowhere else . 

LIke I said above   a few times the prob has been resolved by    deleting cached files from my browser  , yet this time, when I had no access at all, it gave me access but not to general  forum  .   

Maybe it is due to how the cache deletion is handled by your browser. Have you tried reloading the page while pressing on Ctrl to bypass the cache?

Complete explanation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bypass_your_cache

the update attempt had errors so we are not updated yet.

We'll post here on the update:

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/41262-tdb-upgrade-testing-is-happening

Im in ....  I just did, yet again, what I usually do and it worked this time .  Thanks ! 

all seems back to normal. 

:huh:     This has been the only site it has ever happened on  ???  

Agreed that it is very strange to see it, and so frequently but not worth the time to invest into fixing it as we'll update to all new everything, hardware and software.

I have a small nagging feeling that it started when there was a conversion of the data character set.   Originally it was not UTF-8 and I had raised that chinese characters don't render correctly in titles but do in posts.    There was a change made to the software settings on the character set but it doesn't mean there was a proper conversion of the data.   Sean looked into what a conversion would required and it didn't seem worth the time investment.

In any case, thanks for your patience and help in sharing forum issues :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this