Djshorty

New Energy Ways (Astral Dynamics)

Hey hey,

Well, I have yet to order the Kunlun book, but I'll be sure to do that soon. Lately, I've added the New Energy Ways practices into my daily routines. They can be found for free here: http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=6 . I just wanted to know if there were any dangers in participating in these practices, as it does involve raising energy upwards. On top of these practices I'm also doing some basic Qi Gong, and some of Bruce Frantzis' exercises, as well as daily meditation. I recall Procurator mentioning that taking bits and pieces of different practices can be dangerous. As a beginner, I'd like to know how I can tell whether or not what I'm doing is dangerous or safe. Are there any side effects that I should watch out for? What are the signs of a dangerous practice? I don't have a teacher, so it would be helpful if some members could discuss the danger signs that they've encountered. So far, I can see that my appetite has increased, and I've been sleeping quite a bit. I get some tingling in my feet and hands from time to time. That's about it. Maybe Procurator could give me some words of advice.

Thanks All

Peace

if you stick to NEW, it has everything you would need for energy practice.

it rocks, Robert Bruce knows what he's talking about.. no doubt.

its really very similiar to chi gung, instead of lower dan tien he calls it 'sub navel storage center'. i'm serious when I say it has everything you need. but so does chi gung, just pick and do it

Edited by mikaelz

Guest sykkelpump

Hey hey,

Well, I have yet to order the Kunlun book, but I'll be sure to do that soon. Lately, I've added the New Energy Ways practices into my daily routines. They can be found for free here: http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=6 . I just wanted to know if there were any dangers in participating in these practices, as it does involve raising energy upwards. On top of these practices I'm also doing some basic Qi Gong, and some of Bruce Frantzis' exercises, as well as daily meditation. I recall Procurator mentioning that taking bits and pieces of different practices can be dangerous. As a beginner, I'd like to know how I can tell whether or not what I'm doing is dangerous or safe. Are there any side effects that I should watch out for? What are the signs of a dangerous practice? I don't have a teacher, so it would be helpful if some members could discuss the danger signs that they've encountered. So far, I can see that my appetite has increased, and I've been sleeping quite a bit. I get some tingling in my feet and hands from time to time. That's about it. Maybe Procurator could give me some words of advice.

Thanks All

Peace

For some years ago i tried NEW and trained it seriously for some months.2-3 times a day.I didnt get any benefits from it other than feeling pressure in my head,dizziness sleeping problems and low energy level.And I tried to serach throuhg forums finding people succeding with it,mostly I read about people having bad side effects from it.When for example you are feeling your fingers and move this feeling up to the shoulder,you are creating stagnation in the meridians going down from the shoulder to the fingers and off course this creates unbalance.this is in my opinion forcing and misguiding chi on high level.I would say stay away.If you want to generate chi in your body,use some kind of meditation to slow down and quiete the mind.And then you can add som moving forms to help the energy circulate in the body(Leading not forcing).like spring forest qi gong for examle which I found very effecitive

if you want to find people having success from NEW, just head over to the astraldynamics forums. try it on a couple days they are moving to a new server