exorcist_1699

Light being seen in cultivation : some explorations with a gifted lady

Recently I have chatted with a member about  light she is seeing  in her cultivation, below are some of my ideas , which should only be viewed as some kind of  "bait "  to attract more ,better ideas from you guys :

Hi ,  xxxx,

In normal case , the light  you see can be judged by its size, shape ,color and  others :

1)  It should first appear  as a small dot/ bean , then its size grows bigger and bigger along with the   quantity and  quality of qi  and  'jing' you accumulate . If not  , if right at the beginning  ,it appears as an apple  or volleyball in size to you , then  it is abnormal;

2) It should starts look as something irregular, then gradually turns into a round shape, the process  just reflects  how  well,  how  perfect your  mind is being turned into ;  if not , it is not so okay.

3) Most likely  it starts looking as  a white bright dot , if it starts to look in other color, then it is  problematic.  A light ball turning into yellow or red, should be  something happening  at later stage  of people's practice..

3) You should see it  no matter your eyes is close or  open , if not , it is  not that  okay ;

"Not so okay" means you yourself deliberately create  the light , something illusory, or you get other mental  problems (sorry to say this ) . Of course,  there is an exception  that you bring  very good karma along with you from former life ... then it is something really exceptional...
Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

I am sorry that I have to say what you said is wrong.

The light you know is lead light, not gold light.

Only lead light can be seen by opening eyes.

Because your ego Shen exist, the only light you can see is like what you said.

But this is not the light was written in daoist texts.

The gold light must past through Hun dun and get into samadhi .

After cleaning all the five Yings, then the gold light appear.

It is totally different from the light you saw before.

I have seen the lead light you wrote about all my life.

But the gold light appear very very rare.

Only in a very short moment after the five Yings is end.

That is what the real light.

The light you see is lead light.

This lead light is the material of cleaning the five Yings.

It is just small medicine.

Small medicine should be used to clean Yings.

But most people don't know it.

Most people think this is the real dan.

But I am very sorry to say that it is not.

It is called small dan 小還丹

The daoist cultivators need to achieve big dan.

And big dan is not grown by small dan.

Small dan will be used to melt Yings.

After Yings are all cleared, the big dan appear suddenly.

赫赫金丹一日成

Zhang bou duan said it very clearly.

The big dan is totally different from the small dan.

You can't have your eyes, ear, nose, mouth, body, thinking...

All these function of body are all disappear.

Only pure awareness exist.

The shape of the big dan change a lot, the pics you can see in different religions and cultures

Mandala, full moon, even imortal are all fron big dan

Therefore, if you try to cultivate the small dan into bigger dan, you are cultivating in the wrong way.

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

Thank your comme

I am sorry that I have to say what you said is wrong.

The light you know is lead light, not gold light.

Only lead light can be seen by opening eyes.

Because your ego Shen exist, the only light you can see is like what you said.

But this is not the light was written in daoist texts.

The gold light must past through Hun dun and get into samadhi .

After cleaning all the five Yings, then the gold light appear.

It is totally different from the light you saw before.

I have seen the lead light you wrote about all my life.

But the gold light appear very very rare.

Only in a very short moment after the five Yings is end.

That is what the real light.

The light you see is lead light.

This lead light is the material of cleaning the five Yings.

It is just small medicine.

Small medicine should be used to clean Yings.

But most people don't know it.

Most people think this is the real dan.

But I am very sorry to say that it is not.

It is called small dan 小還丹

The daoist cultivators need to achieve big dan.

And big dan is not grown by small dan.

Small dan will be used to melt Yings.

After Yings are all cleared, the big dan appear suddenly.

赫赫金丹一日成

Zhang bou duan said it very clearly.

The big dan is totally different from the small dan.

You can't have your eyes, ear, nose, mouth, body, thinking...

All these function of body are all disappear.

Only pure awareness exist.

The shape of the big dan change a lot, the pics you can see in different religions and cultures

Mandala, full moon, even imortal are all fron big dan

Therefore, if you try to cultivate the small dan into bigger dan, you are cultivating in the wrong way.

Thank your comments.

I was once mirror gazing, I was expecting to see unpleasant images, faces, as goes general accounts, I was surprised to see myself as a light-being/ an idealized version of myself *shrugs* ha.

//

What type of light is this Awaken?

I have to have a pure diet and good hydration to see it, it may take a few days/ a week of only one fruit. Then when I close my eyes, most noticeable at night my inner vision will be bright/light. I will also experience lightness and some bliss. When I go offtrack eating cooked vegan food again, salt etc this goes away though, those foods seem to disrupt things.

Edited by Sionnach

I was once mirror gazing, I was expecting to see unpleasant images, faces, as goes general accounts, I was surprised to see myself as a light-being/ an idealized version of myself *shrugs* ha.

//

What type of light is this Awaken?

I have to have a pure diet and good hydration to see it, it may take a few days/ a week of only one fruit. Then when I close my eyes, most noticeable at night my inner vision will be bright/light. I will also experience lightness and some bliss. When I go offtrack eating cooked vegan food again, salt etc this goes away though, those foods seem to disrupt things.

HI Sionnach

Can I ask some questions about your experiences and diet?

The lead light as awaken calls i've seen for as long as i can remember. Personally i get a lot of fireworks-looking stuff at the beginning but the more i relax and empty the less messy it gets. I try to sit until it's basically all quiet and dark. The faintest small dot in hues of bright can appear, usually this feels pretty good. But empty is always the goal right now. Thats when i loose track of time and self, feel multiderctional and centered for real. Pretty nice.

You can :)

When you saw yourself as a light being, how did you see yourself? Was it with your external or internal eyes, and how big were you?

About the diet, What do you eat and why?

The lead light as awaken calls i've seen for as long as i can remember. Personally i get a lot of fireworks-looking stuff at the beginning but the more i relax and empty the less messy it gets. I try to sit until it's basically all quiet and dark. The faintest small dot in hues of bright can appear, usually this feels pretty good. But empty is always the goal right now. Thats when i loose track of time and self, feel multiderctional and centered for real. Pretty nice.

I see things like you describe, but in the sunlight. I call them sprites and they look like little swirling light particles dancing around. But that is with external sight.

Edited by maheosphet
  • Like 1

My wife and I were standing in the kitchen one afternoon and had a very intense and bizarre light experience.

I was talking on the phone with a friend and we were preparing something together.

Suddenly a sphere of blazingly brilliant, yet soft white light completely engulfed my wife and I and our surrounding rooms, blotting out all other visible light completely.  We were in a visual white coccoon of sorts.  It came on swifly but gradually... as it overcame my sense of sight, for a brief second or so I could see the walls of our living room fading slowly into complete white, comforting but blazingly brilliant light.

Shocked into silence until it passed... I had been in mid-sentence with my friend and blurted out "what the hell was that?!"

We both experienced very similar reactions... white light engulfed us... it was absolutely 'blinding' but not painful at all.  The light completely blotted out all other visual phenomena for about 3-5 seconds, then faded just as it had come upon us.

I have extremely sensitive eyes... night driving has always been challenging for me.  That bright a light should have left me in pain and blind for some seconds after it faded, but there was no 'eye sensation' whatsoever.  It seemed to both of us afterward, that the light had been not sensed with our eyes, but our eyesight had been overridden by the light.

It felt and feels in memory like it was somehow internally generated.

Our then 9 year old son was in the living room and noticed nothing... we stared at each other in shock and then laughter and gratitude, along with a healthy dose of 'wtf was that?!?!?'.

(shrug) It felt like a boon, like a wash but I soon forgot about it and haven't given it much thought again until this topic struck my memory. 

• Like 4

Q1: Were you alone? 

Sometimes you can see other's light when you meditate in a group. Their lighting taiji poles I guess. 

Q2: Did you see only one light? For me there are different lights , red, blue, gold, green, etc. depending on who is around. And by who I don't mean humans. The only warning is not to go towards anything that is black or dark or looks sick. 

Also, prayers/mantras usually help to see the true nature of the light. Not all shiny is true shiny...

• Like 1

I see things like you describe, but in the sunlight. I call them sprites and they look like little swirling light particles dancing around. But that is with external sight.

Yeah, sunlight causes them also for me. External sight as in your eyes are open? Or internal sight as in with your inner vision?

I mean my eyesight, i try to not visualize mentally, but i've not recieved any training in these things except for the eyes, open and closed so i might be off track completely :)

When you saw yourself as a light being, how did you see yourself? Was it with your external or internal eyes, and how big were you?

About the diet, What do you eat and why?

External, about the same size, image over my physical. Similar to myself just radiating light, shining like Elves. Optimal health, happiness, centered, knowing. 

Mangoes, why, a gradual progression from vegetarianism at 18, learning more, small experiments with raw and mono fruit, I feel my best, lightest, at times divine, with a buzz, having greater clarity of all senses. Longest is a week. I am meaning to make more permanent and build on it.  I think what people consume can cause obstacles. Some will talk about raw veganism and bio-photons. Cooking food creates a dis-order/ breaking down.

Dr. Johanna Budwig from Germany has stated that live foods are electron-rich, and act as high-powered electron donors and “solar resonance fields” in your body to attract, store, and conduct the sun's energy in your body.

The greater your store of light energy, the greater the power of your overall electromagnetic field, and consequently the more energy is available for healing and maintenance of optimal health. http://www.raw-wisdom.com/biophotons

Edited by Golden Dragon Shining