Starjumper

A Lineage of Dragons

217 posts in this topic

That sounds marvelous Silent Thunder, I am impressed with how many here are so many rich psychic experiences, and the baby dragon sounds beautiful.  The color of the eyes of the immortal that came to see me was yellow.  I described this being in full detail in post #17 of this thread, please review it.  What color were the eyes of the baby?  I'm curious to know how it came to be that you had this experience with the baby white dragon.  

Ah thanks.  Wonder how I missed that the first time. 

I was curious if the eyes were the same... in my encounter they were emerald green.  Part of me was hoping there was another connection aside from the colors of the scales.

1 person thanks this

Do you enjoy being a mythological creature? :)

First please explain what you mean by mythological =)

3 people thank this

Ah thanks.  Wonder how I missed that the first time. 

I was curious if the eyes were the same... in my encounter they were emerald green.  Part of me was hoping there was another connection aside from the colors of the scales.

The color is the big determinant.  If the literature is correct it means that the pale white dragon foretells the impending death of a cultivator of the Way who it comes to see.  So sometimes I call my guardian by the nickname Impending Death,  the little young one you saw could be nicknamed 'Lil Reaper'.  However, the white dragon came to see me and I didn't die ... physically.  I had died in a different way though.  You saw one and you didn't die - so maybe the literature isn't correct, or maybe yours was just too cute and hadn't gotten to work yet.

2 people thank this

The color is the big determinant. If the literature is correct it means that the pale white dragon foretells the impending death of a cultivator of the Way who it comes to see. So sometimes I call my guardian by the nickname Impending Death, the little young one you saw could be nicknamed 'Lil Reaper'. However, the white dragon came to see me and I didn't die ... physically. I had died in a different way though. You saw one and you didn't die - so maybe the literature isn't correct, or maybe yours was just too cute and hadn't gotten to work yet.

It could be the death of the little "I" in a sense - ru ding?

3 people thank this

Do you enjoy being a mythological creature? :)

You didn't answer my question so I'll go ahead and answer anyway.

The short answer is no, I don't enjoy it.  I don't like it and I don't dislike it, it's more like WTF is this all about.

Now, one would assume that since mythological means fictitious or imaginary that when you use the word that you think I invented it or made it up or wished it, which is kind of an insult, isn't it?  The fact is that I am not a mythological thing,  I'm a real solid real human.  I'm more solidly grounded than most people can imagine, and I don't daydream, kid myself, or invent things to feed my ego.  I don't play games with beings in the spirit realm, and in fact it hardly interests me.

If by mythological you mean something written about in the past that may be referencing something real then it isn't an insult, but that isn't the official definition of mythological.  The simple fact is that dragons are NOT mythological according to the official definition, and anyone who has silenced their mind enough, who is psychic enough to see behind the veil and see the spirit realm will know, not believe, that the spirit realm is not mythological, and dragons are not mythological, they are right here right now, for anyone who has the ability to see - or hear.  This is not to say that others do not entertain themselves by playing imaginary games and creating imaginary friends or playing with visualizations.  I'm not like that, I don't visualize, I don't play games, I don't have either much awareness of nor interest in the spirit world.  I don't really give a damn.

However, this information can mean something important to people who are looking for a real school of Taoist cultivation, and so I find it potentially useful simply for marketing, which is what this thread is all about.  I'm well aware that in this time of Kali Yuga, where the world is dominated by liars, egotistical bullshitters, and money grubbing flakes, that many people will assume I'm lying.  That's ok.  The fact is that my spirit comes from the distant past and a very foreign land, from a time and place where people had strict moral and ethical codes, and it's shocking to witness the permissiveness of modern society.

The long answer to your question goes something like this:  It is both satisfying and a little confusing to learn something about my identity, a big key to who I am actually.  In general it is kind of amazing, with just a touch of thrilling, to see the mystery, which is integral to this kind of thing.  Lao Tzu speaks of seeing the mystery in Chapter one of the TTC doesn't he, and seeing the mystery is fun.  It generates interesting questions, like how can this be, what does it mean, and WTF am I supposed to do about it?

So maybe now you can tell me what mythological means to you.

Edited by Starjumper
4 people thank this

Speaking of mythological ... the little kung fu family that I'm part of belongs to a certain Chinese sect, and we, being children of one of the hidden masters, keep the name of this sect so well hidden that the only references you can find about it on the internet say that it is a mythological sect from the distant past.

So, not only is my soul entwined with that of mythological creature, I'm a member of a mythological sect.  The name of this sect will be given out only on a need to know basis, and no one needs to know.  Haha.

Edited by Starjumper
2 people thank this

ha!  another synchronicity for me this morning...  secret names, hidden names and just names in general was a topic of conversation just last evening...  buddy of mine and I have a years long conversation about secret/unknowable/absolute names. 

how much we name things... one of the old tales of human origin refers to humans as 'the namers of things'

i've always been intrigued by why we name things the way we do and how names and labels morph over time

and how they impact me, those around me and my relationship to my environment

names are very intriguing to me and highly annoying, simultaneously

they constrain as much as they attempt to inform/share

they tend to reveal much about the one giving the name

and much more about myself in how I react to the name

names, like thoughts, are not real, true, or even important... yet they seem to exist, in my mind.

no point in rambling, but I wanted to honor the synchronicity...

2 people thank this

Continuing with dragon tales ...

Keep in mind I still did not know that my visitor was a dragon, and I was sure there were no such things.

About a year after the pale white being with the big yellow eyes came to see me I had been thinking about it more and more and I decided to go see my teacher.  I intended to go one afternoon but I got cold feet, I hadn't seen him in a couple of years, I didn't want to bother him with dumb questions, or bother him at all so that afternoon I took an afternoon nap instead.  During the nap he appeared to me in a dream and said: "You come tomorrow 3 o'clock!"  So that was that.  I went the next afternoon to see him.

I had drawn a rough front view sketch of the being that came to see me and showed that to him, of course he knew all about it as he knew everything I was doing and thinking at home, which had been damn good motivation to stop thinking.  He knew everything that happened to me.  He never said "I know what you thought/did"  He would just comment on it so that there was no doubt.

So I showed him the sketch and I, thinking there may have been a race of intelligent dinosaurs in the past, asked him if it was a dinosaur.  He said no.  So I asked if it was an Alien, he said no again.  So I sat there quietly pondering what it could have been and when he couldn't stand my thickheadedness anymore, he said "It's an immortal".  In case anyone here forgot, my master was a most powerful Taoist wizard who was so psychic that he was effectively omniscient.   So ok, that was that, me being in general a non responder he got no further response from me, I still did not know that this immortal was my guardian, my teacher let us discover what we could on our own instead of telling us much.  A wise thing, and the only way a real master can be created.  We went on to discuss a few other things, like me returning to have a picture taken of us together, and then I went home.

A year or so later, going on adventures with an Indian friend I went with him to see an advanced Indian shaman, who was a very interesting character, very open and with such a pure heart.  During the ceremony we attended I noticed that at one point he looked up over my head and saw my guardian. He didn't say anything and I didn't know who my guardian was but I knew psychically that he had seen something that was a bit thrilling and powerful/dangerous at the same time.

A year or so after that I went to be a student of a Hawaiian kahuna.  I had been going to some self defense classes taught by one of my kung fu brothers.  He was a world class dentist and people would fly half way across the world in their Lear jets in order to see him.  He was one of the most able martial artists in the world and he liked to live on the wild side.  At one point he made friends with and got himself invited to see one of the big mafia dudes in the big city and beat the fuck out of his best bodyguards.  He told me I should go see this Kahuna if I wanted to see some real magic, and I thought that would be a fun thing to see, so I went.

This kahuna was 100% Hawaiian and had been trained in the kahuna arts by his grandmother.  He was internationally recognized as the most powerful kahuna in the Pacific ocean.  I went to see him monthly for around half a year or so.  He told us about how Christian missionaries had written down the previously oral Hawaiian "bible' and of course they had screwed it up, interpreting things from the viewpoint of brainwashed fundamentalists.  They effectively destroyed the true and original Hawaiian spirituality and all the Kahunas, and I mean all of them in Hawaii except for him, were trained in this bastardized system of cultivation and thought and so their power was weak and pathetic.  The kahuna, who shall remain unnamed, hated whites for destroying his indigenous system of cultivation.  The whites had also resorted to putting broken glass on all the paths in order to make the Hawaiians wear shoes and he hated them for that.  He hated that the whites used Hawaiians as house maids and servants.  He hated that Hawaiians had been diverted from their culture by Christianity and whites and due to that he had no Hawaiian students, only whites, casually interested poisoned whites.  By the way the Indian shaman I had gone to see had the same problem, the Indians in his own village had been turned against him by Christian preachers and except for one relative he had only casually interested whites as students.  However he cried about it rather than becoming a hater like the Kahuna had.

So the Kahuna had a considerable amount of poison in his heart, and I and my two friends/students who joined me for his classes noticed that his long term students were strangely subdued and unvibrant.  It occurred to us that there may have been some kind of vampirism going on there.  It slowly dawned on my that the Kahuna took a powerful disliking to me, in the manner that someone with a poisoned heart will automatically despise someone with a pure heart.  I also had told him by way of introduction that I had grown up in South America and we had maids.  I meant to tell him that in a way I had been raised by these maids and so was relatively unamerican due to this, but he related that to his hate for whites having Hawaiian maids and so that didn't help matters either.  He was also annoyed at me being so naive about my own spiritual progress and power; at one point he commented about me: "You're SO lucky", but he said it in a kind hissingly angry jealous manner.  He was kind of abusive to me in some mild ways and I suspect he wanted me to not return, but I'm tough in some ways and put up with it in order to learn.  This Kahuna was very powerful indeed.  He had a lot of Chi power that he could blast you with, he could see your organs and what you were doing at home, and he could take you to Hawaiian hell.  He had offered to take some people on a psychic tour of Hawaiian hell and they had returned with the spectator cowering in the fetal position for hours ... but he couldn't take you to Hawaiian heaven!

At one point twelve of the Christianized wimpy kahunas in Hawaii got together and sent a death spell to him and he simply turned it around and sent it back and all twelve of them died in a matter of a couple of days.  My kung fu brother, who was friend with the kahuna, verified this and had become psychically aware of it as soon as it happened.  He asked him if it was really necessary to kill all those guys because he knew some of them but was told it had already been done and there was nothing that could be done about it.  Those twelve guys got a taste of their own medicine, that is all.  The kahuna spent considerable amount of his time in the spirit realm joining in the wars that constantly occur there, and my kung fu brother was aware of this and joined him at times.  Keep in mind that these wars in the spirit realm are all middle management stuff, the higher ups don't normally get involved.

So what does all this have to do with my dragon guardian?  Well I'll tell you.  At one point near the end of my time as his student he informed us that he would go around the students and tell them each about who their guardian was and I was excited about that.  He went around the room describing the various guardians in considerable detail but when he got to me he told me my guardian was a little old lady with white hair who ignored me and was gone a lot, and that was kind of a let down.  I was hoping for something with a little more oomph, but I rationalized it later and figured that little old ladies with white hair can have a lot of wisdom.  Well I didn't know it then but it turns out he was describing, and insulting, my guardian, who being an immortal is extremely old, who had big white umbrella like frill on its head (the wite hair), but who wasn't little or frail.  The kahuna was lying to me, misleading me and putting me down, as was his nature.  

I think that was the last time I went to see him, but sometimes I would drive by the intersection that he always used to get from his street to the main arterial, and as I drove by one time I left a curse for him there.  I said "Fuck you! (and his name)"  Somehow I was psychic enough to know that it would stick and that he was psychic enough to hear it when he drove through the intersection =)  

He was a middle aged guy, younger than me, and in good health but shortly after that he died suddenly.  I heard through the grapevine that some of his students said he had died fighting a very dangerous spirit, trying to prevent it from coming into our dimension, so to speak.  Some many months later I realized that he had fought my guardian and that's how he had died.  We may surmise that the white dragon was pissed about being insulted and about me being misled.  Keep in mind I still did not know it was a dragon.

More later.

Edited by Starjumper
5 people thank this

So what does all this have to do with my dragon guardian?  Well I'll tell you.  At one point near the end of my time as his student he informed us that he would go around the students and tell them each about who their guardian was and I was excited about that.  He went around the room describing the various guardians in considerable detail but when he got to me he told me my guardian was a little old lady with white hair who ignored me and was gone a lot, and that was kind of a let down.  I was hoping for something with a little more oomph, but I rationalized it later and figured that little old ladies with white hair can have a lot of wisdom.  Well I didn't know it then but it turns out he was describing, and insulting, my guardian, who being an immortal is extremely old, who had big white umbrella like frill on its head (the wite hair), but who wasn't little or frail.  The kahuna was lying to me, misleading me and putting me down, as was his nature.  

hahaha, same story here. So that guy whom my dragon wanted to hit for an "insult"... One time this guy was staring at something behind me. He told me there is an "old lady behind you and she wants to give you an orange"...

I was thinking he is seeing my grandma perhaps, but I see he saw my dragon and insulted it...

keep writing, I enjoy your stories:)

meow

Edited by qicat
3 people thank this

Thank you, interesting parallels there.  What do you suppose the orange represented?

1 person thanks this

Hi Starjumper,

can you tell us more about your Daoist school and lineage of Nei Gong?

Also do you practice Nei Dan?

Ormus

Thank you, interesting parallels there.  What do you suppose the orange represented?

sometimes an orange is not an orange...

289736_1306294454_large.jpg

6 people thank this

Hi Starjumper,

can you tell us more about your Daoist school and lineage of Nei Gong?

Ormus

I will start a thread specifically for that soon, but until then I can't really answer your question, what is Nei Dan?  =)

2 people thank this

Posted (edited)

sometimes an orange is not an orange...

Just as I suspected, maybe the pearl of immortality.  That's a cool picture, but shooting it out the mouth just seems wrong.  I would like to find, and have looked for, a painting of a dragon holding a big pearl to it's chest so that it looks like a person doing Zhan Zhuang, holding a big shining ball at heart level.  It appears that there is no such painting.  Since they are guardians of the Knowledge/Way and don't just hand them out like candy most of the art, which shows them with pearl in hand, seems wrong too.  Of course they would like to hand them out like candy but most takers don't have the right stuff so it would be like throwing it away.  This is the best one I could find so far ... but the dragon with wings isn't right either.

post-109885-0-87638400-1488415774_thumb.jpg

Edited by Starjumper
2 people thank this

Just as I suspected, maybe the pearl of immortality.  That's a cool picture, but shooting it out the mouth just seems wrong.  I would like to find, and have looked for, a painting of a dragon holding a big pearl to it's chest so that it looks like a person doing Zhan Zhuang, holding a big shining ball at heart level.  It appears that there is no such painting.  Since they are guardians of the Knowledge/Way and don't just hand them out like candy most of the art, which shows them with pearl in hand, seems wrong too.  Of course they would like to hand them out like candy but most takers don't have the right stuff so it would be like throwing it away.  This is the best one I could find so far ... but the dragon with wings isn't right either.

attachicon.gifblackdrag8.jpg

you are right - it is extremely hard to find "correct" picture of the dragon.

Perhaps we need to look on .cn extension for all libraries/museums scans?

All american/european options "just don't cut it"

Dragon does not chase the pearl, dragon protects it.

There are four dragons, one per each direction. Your white dragon seem to belong to autumn kingdom, thus making sense on the "death of the seeker" references... yet the death as physical event is just a small part of the "death". In order to kill your soul completely I guess you need to piss off very powers Beings who would "disassemble" you... so... death is not really a death... but I see it as "inconvenience". Because you have to work to remember things again, and it very annoying...:P 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_King

2 people thank this

btw, is your birthday in autumn?

Azure Dragon[edit]
Main articles: Azure Dragon and Ao Guang

The Azure Dragon or Blue-Green Dragon (青龍 Qīnglóng), or Green Dragon (蒼龍 Cānglóng), is the Dragon God of the east, and of the essence of spring.[1] His proper name is Ao Guang (敖廣), and he is the patron of the East China Sea.

Red Dragon[edit]

The Red Dragon (赤龍 Chìlóng or 朱龍 Zhūlóng - lit. "Cinnabar Dragon", "Vermilion Dragon") is the Dragon God of the south and of the essence of summer.[1] He is the patron of the South China Sea and his proper name is Ao Qin (敖欽).

White Dragon[edit]

The White Dragon (白龍 Báilóng) is the Dragon God of the west and the essence of autumn.[1] His proper names are Ao Run (敖閏), Ao Jun (敖君) or Ao Ji (敖吉). He is the patron of Qinghai Lake.

Black Dragon[edit]

The Black Dragon (黑龍 Hēilóng), also called "Dark Dragon" or "Mysterious Dragon" (玄龍 Xuánlóng), is the Dragon God of the north and the essence of winter.[1] His proper names are Ao Shun (敖順) or Ao Ming (敖明), and his body of water is Lake Baikal.

1 person thanks this

btw, is your birthday in autumn?

No, my birthday is in the winter, as befits a black dragon.  There are a few additional things written about black dragons, they usher in big storms from the North, due to which they are not respected like the others; and it does seem like a big storm is coming.  The black dragon is the most mysterious and is the mystic of the group, it is also associated with the dark warrior or mysterious warrior and is known for it's power and revenge.

Thank you for the additional info about the names and lake.  Is your birthday in the spring?

1 person thanks this

I wouldn't say that dragons hold, or protect, or harbor the pearl

rather they embody it.

they dance it.

it's a beingness

not ownership or havingness

4 people thank this

No, my birthday is in the winter, as befits a black dragon.  There are a few additional things written about black dragons, they usher in big storms from the North, due to which they are not respected like the others; and it does seem like a big storm is coming.  The black dragon is the most mysterious and is the mystic of the group, it is also associated with the dark warrior or mysterious warrior and is known for it's power and revenge.

Thank you for the additional info about the names and lake.  Is your birthday in the spring?

march

so it depends when you count what spring is. Could be either spring or still winter... Probably more of a spring though, if going with the Chinese New Year...

1 person thanks this

Posted (edited)

I see you were signed on and didn't answer my question so I looked it up, I recall looking that up before.  I really have no interest in these Chinese terminologies of subcategories and when I look at some posts by bibliophiles that are full of them I lose interest immediately; so you'll have to excuse my unfamiliarity with the term, the definition of which I might remember this time  =)

If you read the opening post of this thread and saw the video I put there, and if you had seen my website which describes a system containing ten thousand techniques, then you would know that Nei Dan is included in and is an integral part of my Nei Kung.  So the answer is yes.

Edited by Starjumper

I wouldn't say that dragons hold, or protect, or harbor the pearl

rather they embody it.

they dance it.

it's a beingness

not ownership or havingness

I agree, they embody it and it is part of them, and yet there's another part.  It's the experience they have with a certain type of cultivation system which led them to where they have arrived, about which there is an unwritten law that they must share it with at least one other person.  So to me the pearl represents this knowledge which they guard by keeping it alive and pure, and by not letting others bastardize it, a difficult task these days.  The image of the pearl with a dragon seems simply to be one of the few or only possible ways to artistically represent this 'package' of knowledge.

1 person thanks this

Posted (edited)

march

so it depends when you count what spring is. Could be either spring or still winter... Probably more of a spring though, if going with the Chinese New Year...

I'm a March baby too. Early march so that makes me a Pisces.  I imagined that would still be considered winter.

Edited by Starjumper

Posted (edited)

Continuing with dragon tales, about some dragons, which have tails.

Keep in mind I still did not believe in dragons, but I was getting the idea that this white reptile looking immortal was my guardian.  It seems I knew it subconsciously and it slowly oozed into my conscious through ozmosis.

Not so long after my adventure with the kahuna I got old enough to qualify for social security, so I closed my business, cashed out my wife and property and bank account, and moved to Southern Ecuador to build a new life in a pure land with a twelve month growing season.  I had contemplated buying a catamaran and sailing around the Pacific, ending up in New Zealand, selling the boat and using that money to buy some land there.  When I mentioned that idea to my teacher he said that was too dangerous so I skipped it.

After moving here I found this wonderful land to buy, land where no one had lived since the ancient Incas had camped here.  I lived alone in a little ten foot by ten foot wood shed while the center was being built, and I think that was the best time of my life; living like a hermit in a small wood shed, with only a few minutes of electricity a day, and walking to the spring with a plastic bottle in order to get water.

One evening I was sitting there in the shed and I focussed on this white visitor I had had and I asked the Question "Are you an alien"  and right away the answer came back, a long drawn out "noooo".  The I asked:  "Then what are you?" and again the answer came right back:  "We are dragons",  So there you have it folks, I asked him in the singular, I asked what are you and he answer in the plural we ( he and I) are dragons.  Rest assured, I couldn't have made this up.  For those that haven't had the experience, when a spirit or immortal talks to you it's nothing like your internal silent dialogue.  You know it's coming from outside your head and it is like actual sound only it isn't external sound, it is sound that you can hear from the bone behind your ear, like some bone induction hearing aids use.  This voice of this dragon was quite different than anything I had experienced before because it was slow and with a fast wavering, like ululating speech, like it was far away.  Ululating sounds like this  https://youtu.be/PptGTgXkcqI  only the dragon didn't speak in a high pitch like the video but rather a kind of hissing low pitch -  "We are dragons".

So finally I knew my guardian was a dragon but it took me quite a while, I'm slow, to realize what his use of the word 'we' had meant.  I knew and know in my heart that it wasn't a lie, beings like that don't bother with such things.  So the big guy told me I'm a dragon, and I take him to be a more convincing authority, to me, on the subject, more than any person could be.  So then I was left with a problem of sorts, wondering what the hell does it mean, how can it be, and wtf do I do about it?

Maybe a year after that I was teaching some chi kung in the town of Vilcabamba, a town in which many foreigners live.  At one point this French guy who was a student came up to me and told me he had a dream about a dragon.  I hadn't told him about my experience with dragons so it was out of the blue.  He said he had dreamed about a dragon coming to town and that he wasn't afraid of it.  So I asked him what color it was and he said black.

Later I did some research on Chinese dragons and their colors and discovered that the description of the black dragon matched me perfectly, these things I described here earlier.  The black dragon is also associated with the dark warrior or mystic warrior, and I didn't know till I researched it, that my favorite T shirt, one I loved and wore all the time, had the mystic warrior emblem on it.  So for years I had been parading around wearing 'my' emblem without knowing it.  The emblem of the dark warrior is the intertwined turtle and snake.  These things are just further verification to me about the correctness of the knowledge.

At one time a very psychic lady channeler came to visit me here on the mountain and she told me that there were dragons in the mountains around here and that they were happy I am here and they will help to protect me.  The main thing they want is for me to take good care of the land and so I have planted around 9000 native forest trees to reforest what was previously some steep cattle grazing grassland.

So this brings us back to a couple of questions I asked earlier.  How can a human being also be a dragon? and Why do I have such a powerful guardian?  Well, I'll answer the last question for you, it's because I have something important that needs to be guarded.

End of story

turtle.jpg

Edited by Starjumper
3 people thank this

Posted (edited)

"Immortality" (pearl/boon) is basically reattaining the "xiantian" (preconceived) state again after birth.
slide_39.jpg
Normally, the heart/mind is emotionally/mentally active, hence symbolized by fire, which flares upward.
And the kidneys are sexually active, hence symbolized by water - which drains down and out your genitals.

Philosophically Fire is said to rise and Water to sink within the body. Since Fire sits above, at the level of the Heart it is inevitable that it will blaze upwards, mostly fuelled by our emotional states, which causes it to move away from the Water energy which it needs to mix with. Water sinks downwards represented by the wastage of our essence which we do not adequately preserve throughout our lives. This causes it to move away from the Hearts energy and in this way we divide these two forces even more. As they divide they cause the ageing processes to hasten and the formation of the acquired nature (sometimes called the ego) is sped up. Realisation is pulled even further away from us as our mundane thoughts and conditioned thinking overtakes us. The tool of the mind has become the master of consciousness and thus elevation of spirit is denied to us.

So in the "normal" course of life, we burn up and drain away until we die...
Figure-6.3.jpg
Whereas in neidan, we seek to free the watery Dragon subconsciously hidden in the Li heart/mind to sink down (like heavy lead) - and the active (like mercury) Tiger crouching in the Kan kidneys to climb up - and meet in the middle (Yellow Court).  Although some might interpret this as becoming a sexless robot - perhaps it means aligning your true heart (liberated from fears, emotional baggage, etc) with your true passions (liberated from generic lusts for sex, materialism, etc) - for true love/original nature?  Regardless, considering how these 2 core natures are both deeply-obscured, obviously this is no small task...

The true Fire gives birth to lead,
  the true Water gives birth to mercury.
When lead and mercury Copulate, you will attain longevity.

But supposedly, this would then transform houtian Li & Kan back into xiantian Qian & Kun (primordial state).  This is then referred to as "immortality" because you have paradoxically attained the primordial PRE-HEAVENLY state while living in the POST-HEAVEN world!

Or so the theory goes...? :)

Edited by gendao
2 people thank this

I agree, they embody it and it is part of them, and yet there's another part.  It's the experience they have with a certain type of cultivation system which led them to where they have arrived, about which there is an unwritten law that they must share it with at least one other person.  So to me the pearl represents this knowledge which they guard by keeping it alive and pure, and by not letting others bastardize it, a difficult task these days.  The image of the pearl with a dragon seems simply to be one of the few or only possible ways to artistically represent this 'package' of knowledge.

like a candle that lights another candle...

3 people thank this