Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

Killing me softly

Published December 16, 2007 01:47 PM

Is Your Yoga Mat Lacking Personality? Toxic?

RELATED ARTICLES

* Baby Yoga, Made Easy

* New Yorkers try facial yoga to reduce wrinkles

* Yoga found to boost health in heart failure patients

* California evacuees unwind with yoga, Kosher food

/pollution/article/27488/print

Lakewood, NJ - The ancient practice of yoga has moved one styleistic step forward with a personalized non-toxic yoga mat. The new product is the brainchild of Gwen Bandes an eco-committed entrepreneur. The company offers all yoga lovers the option to embroider their name, friend's name, or even their pet's name on to an eco friendly yoga mat. Perhaps most importantly the mat is toxin free. It does not contain PVC, lead, or toluene. It's also biodegradable and recyclable.

Medium

ADVERTISEMENT

Founded by Gwen Bandes, this Woman Entrepreneur set out to offer more options when choosing a yoga mat. "I wanted to offer a yoga mat that was both unique, and friendly to the environment. There are many companies offering yoga mats, but none allowed any personal expression," explains Gwen Bandes.

Before any mat was even produced, Gwen Bandes made sure that each would be eco friendly. "There are many companies selling PVC mats that ruin our environment. It's time to make a difference." Every yoga mat sold by JustMyMat is produced from TPE also known as Thermo Plastic Estomer. TPE is non-toxic biodegradable, recyclable, and easy to clean.

JustMyMat also understands that yoga does not just take place in one location. They offer studios, hotels, and other organizations special pricing if they order custom yoga mats in bulk. So now from studios to Fortune 500 companies, love of yoga can be shared without losing brand identity.

The newest addition to the company is for those who love their pets. This year Bandes was the first to introduce a yoga mat designed specifically for 'man's best friend.' And at no additional charges these yoga pet mats are prepared with a paw print next to the pet's name.

JustMyMat has also recently joined 1% For The Planet organization in which they donate 1% of sales to environmental organizations worldwide.

Owner Gwen Bandes ([email protected].) founded JustMyMat in 2007 to provide consumers with a choice to personalize eco-friendly (TPE) yoga mats. The website offers a range of colors and all mats can be personalized with a variety of fonts.

page is /pollution/article/27488/print

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

2007. Copyright Environmental News Network

Edited by drew hempel

Published December 16, 2007 01:47 PM

Is Your Yoga Mat Lacking Personality? Toxic?

RELATED ARTICLES

* Baby Yoga, Made Easy

* New Yorkers try facial yoga to reduce wrinkles

* Yoga found to boost health in heart failure patients

* California evacuees unwind with yoga, Kosher food

wow... face yoga... LOL !!

I have toyed with a face yoga that I made up. I read that the reason botox gets rid of wrinkles is because wrinkles are caused by permanent tension patterns in the facial muscles, and the botulin toxin in botox paralyzes the facial muscles. I tense the facial muscles slightly for a second or so, then relax them for a minute or two. This helps me be aware of underlying tension patterns.

I had multiple teachers tell me over the years while training "relax your face"... it seems to have a twofold forked meaning. In martial terms you do not give away your thoughts and plans with expectations or telegraphing, in healing terms the face is a wonderful picture window.

oops that was suppose to be a pm

Good training to you,

Spectrum

I have toyed with a face yoga that I made up. I read that the reason botox gets rid of wrinkles is because wrinkles are caused by permanent tension patterns in the facial muscles, and the botulin toxin in botox paralyzes the facial muscles. I tense the facial muscles slightly for a second or so, then relax them for a minute or two. This helps me be aware of underlying tension patterns.

Edited by Spectrum

Does face yoga get rid of those lines on your face from the pillow in the morning? I shave my head so I get them all over my beautiful bald head. I might need to learn that facial yoga.

Actually, Yoga For Beauty was the first yoga book I ever came across, and it had plenty of strenuous face exercises. As I was 14 at the time, I didn't pay much attention to the part about erasing wrinkles, but I did pick up some neck and chin exercises to prevent developing a double chin ever in my life, or a sagging neck. Nothing works better than prevention.

The chin exercise: lower your head, then slowly lift an imaginary weight with your chin, impossibly heavy.

Repeat. If you're doing it correctly, you will feel the pull all the way in your chest muscles.

The neck: tilt your head to one shoulder so that your ear is parallel to the floor, slowly move the head to the frontmost position while still keeping the ear parallel to the floor, then to the rearmost position. Slowly and carefully. Repeat a bunch of times.

Another one for the neck and chin: hold a pencil with your teeth and write the chakra symbols (or the letters of your native tongue's alphabet, this works too) in the air, beginning at the far left and moving to the far right, then in the opposite direction. Make the letters as big as you possibly can. Visualize them in color, light, fire in the sky.

Sign in to follow this