Lozen

same ol' same ol'...

I just wanted to ask a question about my qi gong practice and spiritual practice or whatever you want to call it, is that I feel like I keep having to deal with the same imbalances or manifestations of imbalances over and over again, and it seems like no matter how hard I work on it or whatever, it just keeps coming back up again... Has anybody had this experience, over a period of months or years? It's like you do all the right exercises and healing sounds and eat the right foods and needle the right points and it STILL comes back.

I have all kinds of theories about it--from neural pathways (a la What the !@#$% Do We Know) to maybe I just havent' gone deep enough yet and haven't REALLY tapped into it etc... or someone just told me that some of the fusion work involves creating certain virtues in ourself in order to replace the imbalances you are trying to get rid of... but the hardest part for me is the idea that if you do more qi gong you can somehow empower those imbalances so that you have even more qi, but it is still imbalanced, so you're creating greater disharmony...

And I was just at these workshops that had a very Buddhist flavor to them so I got the good ol' karma theories rammed down my throat again, basically saying that nothing you do or try to do in the physical or even internally will make any difference at all, that my bad karma will continue to follow me forever unless I do very specific actions and dedicate the karma from those actions towards these past actions... Well, it doesn't make sense or ring true for me, because I still have hope that eventually you can move past or beyond (or whatever) those imbalances...and that it can be specifically related to what you do in the moment, not what you did in a past life or body or whatever....

Thoughts? :huh:

I think we are all dealing with this in one form or another. It can be very challenging at times and sometimes just not know what to do.

What practice are you doing? I think certain practices are better suited to different personality types and that all has to do with you more than anything.

It is pretty hard to make progress with an adnvanced teacher standing in front of you who knows you and knows exactly what your imbalances/issues are and has some idea of how to help you.

Which would make it damn near impssble for a stranger on the internet to be any real help

Of course, whith our years of discussion we talk about lots of different practices and our results with them in a general way.

Kan an Li is the answer

No Fusion is the answer

No Empty Mind is the answer

No sun gazing is the answer

No the core channel is the answer

The truth, for me, is some of my highest experiences have been totally spontanuoues and if I had a clue how to reproduce them I would be set. At best, all of the practices seem to be a genral orientation towards the goal .You know if I felt balanced and in harmony with life all the time I probably wouldnt' bother with any practices. So, maybe it's a good thing to feel messed up or off center because that motivates you to try to solve the problem.

And then you learn all this different stuff.

it's so funny and makes me wonder sometimes, bercause in the coarse of a day you can go from feeling totally blissful to feeling like shit. You can be sitting there in total grace, feeling the qi flowing all over your body, your chakras/tan tiens opened up and a high vibration, everything smiling and glowing.

Then, maybe even a few hours later, be totally down and feel your energy is crap because of some garbage you ate or engative conversation or you just got fired or got a bad grade in school or your girl left you, etc.etc. etc.

I mean, I don't know about the rest of you people, but this is like my everyday life. High as a kite, wonderful qi. And inevitably it comes crashing down. It's just like the way of the world.

maybe it was not always like this but in our moder world with it's drama and wars and tension and negativity it is real effort and work to create balance and harmony in or lives.

Maybe it would have been better if I just replied "I don't know".

"I don't know."

Good answer.

I won't even start with the scary stuff I was confronted with that was not mentioned already Lozen...

but I believe there are several things that seem reasonable:

1. I agree with Cameron that without those problems we very likely would not be bothered improving ourselves, BUT

2. Improving ourselves IN ORDER to get rid of those problems seems to be a trap from a higher dimension viewpoint (I suppose. I am not there, you know...). So: always being entangled with those problems, asking oneself when they will go away actually blocks you from proceeding...

3. Do the imbalances come back if you stop practicing? In case yes: good reason not to stop.

just a few thoughts

Harry

The truth, for me, is some of my highest experiences have been totally spontanuoues and if I had a clue how to reproduce them I would be set

Hell yeah. Some of my best experiences have been entirely spontaneous. I clearly remember sitting in a computer lab class I was teaching, just waiting for someone to ask a question, and doing just formless meditations. I got huge results that lasted for about 10 minutes, and then went away. Never quite been able to capture the same experience, even when I (think I) have been doing the same thing internally.

A large part of it must have just been the formless, letting go and seeing what happens, don't give a **** kind of attitude, which I find much harder to cultivate when actually doing planned meditations.

Maybe it would have been better if I just replied "I don't know"

Always a good answer :)

To answer the questions... I practice some basic qi gong warmups every morning (except for when I don't) and chen-style taiji along with some stretching and Japanese wall yoga and standing med (again except when I don't). My teacher (well, one of my teachers) studied with Myung Chill Kim in Boston, you know the guy who wrote "Oriental Medicine and Cancer." Sometimes I throw in some stuff from the Ken Cohen books, too. Also I do qi gong bathing every day, and I soak my hands and feet in warm water every day, and I write in my journal every day and I meditate at night. Been doing that every day for... oh, maybe a year? In addition I try to eat with the seasons and religiously study books like Staying Healthy With the Seasons and Staying Healthy With Nutrition (by Elson Haas, www.elsonhaas.com I think it is) and Healing With Whole Foods. Been doing that since the fall. Also in the fall, I learned a bunch of acupressure points that I use regularly... I use a lot of Western herbs... etc.

The issues that come up for me repeatedly, to be as vague as possible <_< are liver, kidney and heart issues. But I guess part of it is that I got acupuncture for about a year and when I stopped going they all came back... And I feel them more intensely when I'm doing a lot a lot of qi gong it seems. So I wonder, if I am doing more qi gong and have more qi, wouldn't my imbalances manifest more strongly? Also I'm pretty unclear about the whole way I was taught this in my TCM class that I took--when you ask if your environment creates your imbalances or vice versa, they say both, so am I trying to recreate my environment or my response to the environment? I will probably be confused about this forever.

Also I'm wondering if maybe it's a bad idea to jump around from style to style as much as I do... Like for example I almost bought the Winn fundamentals DVD+tapes (but i forgot to budget for postage, doh!!) but then I thought, how is that going to address things that what I'm doing isn't addressing? Also I noticed the same sort of energy and auras around people I know who do ninjutsu, so I thought that might be a better choice than qi gong (or maybe in addition) b/c they meet more often, but I feel like there's this whole energy field of mine which I can't even really grasp or understand and maybe it's a bad idea to keep tweaking it in different ways instead of just going deeper...

"" In addition I try to eat with the seasons and religiously study books like Staying Healthy With the Seasons and Staying Healthy With Nutrition (by Elson Haas, www.elsonhaas.com I think it is)...""

Could it be that you are too religious about it? Cheer up a bit and take things more lightly (actually I am saying this to myself at the same time)...

""The issues... And I feel them more intensely when I'm doing a lot a lot of qi gong it seems. So I wonder, if I am doing more qi gong and have more qi, wouldn't my imbalances manifest more strongly?""

If you feel things more intense than the more Qi you have is very likely trying to push through those blocked areas. Less Qi = not as intense feeling. As soon as those blocked areas get cleared and the Qi can move freely the feelings will start to subside...

""Also I'm pretty unclear about the whole way I was taught this in my TCM class that I took--when you ask if your environment creates your imbalances or vice versa, they say both, so am I trying to recreate my environment or my response to the environment? I will probably be confused about this forever.""

Hmmmm. Do not really get it. Sure the external environment can create imbalances in your body. I recently noticed for example that the kind of alarm clock I use creates little shocks to my heart and has lead to heart Qi deficiency... in this way external events shape your internal environment. And yes: the imbalances you already have tend to create your environment. Take spleen Qi deficiency for example: you will crave for sweet stuff in order to fulfill the spleen's needs, but due to little knowledge one gets back to chocoloate, cakes etc. and thereby weekens the Spleen's Qi further... a vicious cycle...

""Also I'm wondering if maybe it's a bad idea to jump around from style to style as much as I do...""

From my today's viewpoint I'd say yes. I have done that in the past a lot. I believe it is better to take an exercise and master it. Then one can move on. And as Bodri says (or his master): choose a method you like and one that you don't like. That which you don't like is very likely the one that will help you most..."

I do not think it is a good idea to go several ways at once. Master one then the next... but be sure about what you want

Harry

I just wanted to ask a question about my qi gong practice and spiritual practice or whatever you want to call it, is that I feel like I keep having to deal with the same imbalances or manifestations of imbalances over and over again, and it seems like no  matter how hard I work on it or whatever, it just keeps coming back up again... Has anybody had this experience, over a period of months or years? It's like you do all the right exercises and healing sounds and eat the right foods and needle the right points and it STILL comes back.

2795[/snapback]

i haven't read all the replies, but the "pied pipers of heaven" by L kin speaks about this.

the imbalances, in this work, are described as Entities or you can consider it a negative memory on your soul/spirit body that has your attention on it somehow. this can be a memory from some distant past life, just say you were blown up in a war along with one hundred other people, the imprint of that negative action was left on your soul/spirit/thetan... this imprint can also be passed onto your genetic entity/energy body (which is the thing that looks after your physical body... all these channels etc we play with are all a part of the genetic entity, NOT US!). this memory on your soul/spirit is the source of imbalance and when it is passed onto the genetic entity it is the source of disease.

kind of complicated i know, i can give you a link where you can download the e-book for free if you are interested.

anyways the point of it is, the imbalance will never be fixed until the memory associated with it is addressed and released (attention is stopped being put upon it). you can do all the chi kung you like, all the microcosmic orbit you like, all the kan and li you like.... but until that memory is addressed somehow... you aint gonna get past it.

as for addressing it... im not so sure about how to do that.

but there are a few links on that i can provide too.

UCP (universal consciousness practice) is an example of a process that will eventually deal with these attention spots.

anyways pretty far out there... but it makes a lot of sense to me. it also makes a lot of sense of the whole 'karma' thing... which is just these memories on our soul that cause our current condition or actions...

anyways pretty far out there... but it makes a lot of sense to me. it also makes a lot of sense of the whole 'karma' thing... which is just these memories on our soul that cause our current condition or actions...

2867[/snapback]

I don't believe in karma.

Sorry, I guess I should qualify that statement since I was the one who brought up karma in the first place. The theory of karma as I understand it is that you create your own situations based on actions you have taken in the past, and what I see over and over again is slightly different--it seems that you create your own situations based on HOW YOU VIEW THE WORLD, and HOW YOU VIEW YOURSELF, and that's what I'm really interested in recreating... I think the choice is very much in the present, in this realm, on this planet and in this body... A negative memory may have the ability to sort of color the way someone sees the world and themselves, but I don't think this has anything to do with something they did in a past life. Also, i think the idea of moving through this world in a positive way, wanting to make a genuine positive impact on one's self and one's surroundings, should be done out of a sense of cosmic love, overflowing, not in order to get spiritual pancakes in some future moment.

I am interested in the e-book... But I wonder...you said you have to address the memory, but isn't that something that happens through chi kung? It seems to for me... I have moments when I'm doing different excercises where it just washes over me...different emotions, and also I am HOPING that cleaning out the stagnation will help one in the ability to delve deeper and actually address those root issues?

Also I particularly object to the idea that karma is "these memories on our soul that cause our current conditions or actions..." WE cause our current conditions or actions...in the moment... in THIS body.

My $.02, anyway.

A negative memory may have the ability to sort of color the way someone sees the world and themselves, but I don't think this has anything to do with something they did in a past life.

Karma is just a model of how things work, like physics or psychology. Its not reality. The truth of anything is only a measure of its usefulness so dismiss Karma if its not a useful model.

karma is valid. i dont believe in it to the extent buddhists do though.

we are immortal... our life in this body this present moment is not our first nor will it be our last.

being immortal we carry around baggage... imprints or memories on our consciousness. created both in this lifetime and in previous lifetimes.

these cause the reactions to present day situations... we are not a blank slate, even when born into this body. we have existed for as long as the universe has... and we will continue to do so until we decide to leave it.... to do that though we have to remember that we voluntarily joined it.

through UCP i have already seen one of my past lives so i know it to be true.

chi kung i think can release these imprints... however it only releases the imprints on the energy body (genetic entity) which can easily be restimulated by the imprints on the soul/spirit (thetan).

you yourself have experienced this by issues that you thought you had confronted (through chi kung) managing to come back.

meditation, working on the level of the thetan, is a more realistic way of dealing with them permanently.

perhaps fusion of 5 elements, but im not sure... i haven't tried it but it seems also to be working only on the level of the energy body, not the thetan/spirit.

i agree with you about moving through the world should be done with a sense of cosmic love... it is all love.

"infinite love is the only truth, everything else is illusion" - david icke.

however this doesn't take away the fact that bad things have been done to us in the past (and perhaps been done by us too) that have created these imprint or memories.

anyways here is the site

http://www.sgmt.at/scioe.htm

don't be put off by the scientology part, if you read about them they are EX-scientolgists, who are trying to help people abused by the church and who are also trying to make freely available the real truths discovered through scientology that are hidden away in the vaults of the church.

Thank you for the link.

I believe that things that happen to us do leave imprints on us. But I don't believe that those things that happen to us are always our FAULT, or that we did the same thing to someone else previously, or whatever. Surely even most Buddhists can visualize the idea of NEW karma or someone who didn't know someone else in a previous life having an affect on us. I think our choice is in how to react, how to move on, how to help others in similar situations.

Btw I have done tons of meditation and it is not nearly as effective in dealing with blocks for me as chi kung is... I guess I'm starting to think that maybe the problem isn't that old stuff comes back but that it's a lot deeper than I may have thought. I may be working on this my whole life. And I think I'm okay with that. Today I am, anyway. :)

David icke should take his own advice and move through the world with a sense of love--last i checked, he seemed to have this thing against lizards. Lizards are awesome!

Thanks again for the link, and I'll look at it when I have more time.

Btw I realized I posted this whole thing in the wrong forum, sorry about that.

Your question is THE issue out there.

I've spent years practicing various systems. Even spent one year practicing 16hours a day. Didn't get enlightened, find satori, etc.

On the whole, I'm very excited about what I've learned on an intellectual level about life. Great stuff! And I'm extremely grateful.

Right now, I'm tinkering around to see if I can goose up my progress on an energy level.

The issue is like trying to loose weight--every diet ever devised works and can point to any number of success stories, but the issue looks a lot tougher from the user's end!

My experience of dieting was simply to find the right system for me and it clicked, fortunately.

So I'm thinking that 'finding the right practice' may have some applicability for progress in energy cultivation.

Just like with the dieting analogy, finding practices/systems that you really enjoy is key--you'll be more inspired and more consistent that way.

Even with the best practices, this stuff takes time and (imo) we never get it done.

-Yoda

Thank you for the link.

I believe that things that happen to us do leave imprints on us. But I don't believe that those things that happen to us are always our FAULT, or that we did the same thing to someone else previously, or whatever. Surely even most Buddhists can visualize the idea of  NEW karma or someone who didn't know someone else in a previous life having an affect on us. I think our choice is in how to react, how to move on, how to help others in similar situations.

David icke should take his own advice and move through the world with a sense of love--last i checked, he seemed to have this thing against lizards. Lizards are awesome!

Btw I realized I posted this whole thing in the wrong forum, sorry about that.

2903[/snapback]

yes, that is the point. most of the things leaving imprints on us aren't our fault at all, they were just traumatic situations that we haven't been able to get over.

examples of these occurring in our present lives are very easy to find.

e.g. a sexually molested child.... will have an imprint on them that is very difficult to overcome. this imprint will impact the way the act throughout the rest of their life.

a beaten child may grow up to beat their own children.

so forth.

as for david icke.... well i have read some of his books, watched some of his videos and he does have a sense of love. he seems a very genuine and caring guy.

the problem he has with reptiles is the reptilian race that has infiltrated the upper echelons of our society and are responsible for much of the problems that are being seen on earth.

far fetched as it may seem...

apparently the queen mother is a shape-shifting reptile (along with others of the royal family). her in a reptile form has even been witnessed by people (including diana apparently, who used to call her the 'queen lizard' to her best friend, and used to tell her best friend how the windsors were not human) who have been forced (mind controlled) to attend in their satanic rituals.

im sure you are now looking at me with some of those "are you serious?" eyes, and everything i have previously said has probably now lost credibility hahaha.

but i aint convinced either way about the presence of reptilian creatures trying to manipulate our world... perhaps there are and perhaps there aren't, i wont make up my mind until i have an experience that says for sure either way.

I'm starting to think that maybe my whole problem is with my attitude.

I had to get up earlier than usual this morning, and I just decided to be positive about it. I thought about how I woke up, and not everybody woke up this morning, how I had breakfast, and some people didn't have breakfast, how I did my qi gong, and not everybody is blessed with really amazing teachers, not everybody is cultivating qi, not everybody has the energy that I believe I have to deal with ANY situation that comes up for me if I choose to rise up to the challenge... Or am I just gonna whine about it, "Oh, poor me. I have to deal with the same imbalances. Life is sooo hard. I can't afford to go to the workshop I want. I do so much work and nothing happens! Cry me a river! Waaa waaah. Someone call whine-one-one and get the waaaambulance!!"

Well, you get my point.

So I decided my new practice is in addition to the qi gong I'm gonna do an experiment, and every day for the next two weeks I'm going to wake up in the morning and make the conscious decision to have an awesome day, and anytime someone asks me how I'm doing, I'm gonna say I'm doing excellent! I'm going to CHOOSE to be doing excellent.

I apologize if I sound like a motivational speaker, but I just had this revelation and I'm all excited about it.

Even more radical is spend time saying nice things about OTHERS. I had a clas a year or so ago and my teacher instructed us to, as our homework, spend the week complementing everyone you know .That is, don't focus on others faults or negative stuff, just complement people .Everyone has something good about them. Some talent or skill or gift. And it is hard to start doing this, but after awhile you may start to get some nice nice results from it. Maybe all the positive energy you send out will start coming back to you.

You know, I have a tendency in my business to mouth off on people I don't like but when I start noticing how good they are at a job, it's like now that person is my friend.

It seems so simple but really we all influence eahcother alot.

Even more radical is spend time saying nice things about OTHERS. I had a clas a year or so ago and my teacher instructed us to, as our homework, spend the week complementing everyone you know .That is, don't focus on others faults or negative stuff, just complement people .Everyone has something good about them. Some talent or skill or gift. And it is hard to start doing this, but after awhile you may start to get some nice nice results from it. Maybe all the positive energy you send out will start coming back to you.

You know, I have a tendency in my business to mouth off on people I don't like but when I start noticing how good they are at a job, it's like now that person is my friend.

It seems so simple but really we all influence eahcother alot.

2923[/snapback]

YA PIMPLE POPPIN, ARM PIT SNIFFIN, CAMEL RAPIN, GRANDPA FONDLIN, JOCK STRAP CHEWIN, ANUS LICKIN SAUSAGE JOCKEY,

YA HYPPOCRATE,

YA WHITE-WASHED SEPPUCLER,

YA PREACH ABBOUT CUM-PLEMMENTIN PEOPLE, BUT THEN

YA INSULT N BAD-MOUTH *DA NOTTORIOUS*

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RJ

Have you tried repressing your desires? Ok, maybe I'm coming from left field on this one. It's a strange concept that I've been exploring lately; a more aggressive version of "getting out of your own way". You always hear that repression doesn't work and that it actually makes your desires manifest more explosively, because you've pent up all this energy around them. Why not harness that force? This is just my random thought of the week, but I've found that I have the shittiest days ever when I wake up and try to pump myself up full of positive thoughts about how great life is. Because then when the tiniest thing crappy happens my whole bubble bursts. Perhaps I just have a really dark, inverted outlook on life. But when I wake up in the morning and firmly tell myself that life is complete bullshit, that everything sucks and that I will make sure to do my best to avoid being happy, I can't seem to wipe the smirk off my face the whole rest of the day no matter what goes wrong. :huh:

Sean.

RJ Complement..

You have the same name as a porn star

You curse very loud

You stick up for a teacher other's bash(Chia)

Somehow, you have gotten someone, or claim to have gotten someone, to marry you...

All I can think of right now.

Cameron,

You'll like this handy rule of thumb, it's your insight rephrased: How you feel about somebody else is essentially (net vibe) how they feel about you. It's always mutual. So your specific thoughts about Ron, coworkers, parents, customers, girlfriends, etc will be different in content and context from theirs, but will be the same exact net vibe. Feeling better about a coworker instantly makes them feel better towards you.

-Yoda

RJ Complement..

You have the same name as a porn star

You curse very loud

You stick up for a teacher other's bash(Chia)

Somehow, you have gotten someone, or claim to have gotten someone, to marry you...

All I can think of right now.

2928[/snapback]

hidden in all that loud cursing though are a lot of pearls of wisdom and knowledge. we need to learn how to see what's inside the package, not the packaging. and obviously his wife has.

Cameron, 

You'll like this handy rule of thumb, it's your insight rephrased:  How you feel about somebody else is essentially (net vibe) how they feel about you.  It's always mutual.  So your specific thoughts about Ron, coworkers, parents, customers, girlfriends, etc will be different in content and context from theirs, but will be the same exact net vibe.  Feeling better about a coworker instantly makes them feel better towards you. 

-Yoda

2950[/snapback]

Yoda,

But isn't the opposite sometimes the case, too? For instance, I have a coworker who absolutely can't stand one of the customers, and the more she suffers in silence, the more he buys her stupid little stuffed animals. Obviously she needs to work on the mixed signals she's sending his way, but now come the net vibe is so different? Or in another example, I was talking to someone the other day and I said something he didn't like, and the more I tried to 'fix it' the worse it got. I was trying to send the vibe like "no really, i am very respectful of your feelings and beliefs" but I may as well have been sending the opposite based on yr theory...

Lozen