Sign in to follow this  
roger

mindfulness and integrity

I've found that integrity naturally leads to consciousness, to awareness of one's thoughts and feelings. When I'm having my integrity, I'm in touch with myself, I'm naturally self-aware.

Yet mindfulness can also lead to integrity. When you observe yourself, you can see any dishonesty or lack of integrity clearly, and that leads to healing.

Jon Kabat-Zinn said in Mindfulness for Beginners that conscious living, mindful living, is the only healthy, sane, and wise way to approach one's moment to moment experience.

What I'm saying is that sanity can precede conscious living, or vice versa. Each lead to the other.

• Like 5

Mindfulness  is much easier than mindlessness , so most people talk about it , and think that it is beneficial and powerful. However , comparing to mindlessness , a totally different kind of mental  ability , mindfulness is a little superficial  ( I have tried my best to sound polite...) 

Why people are so ignorant or afraid of mindlessness, it can be fun  :- )

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2

Mindfulness is much easier than mindlessness , so most people talk about it , and think that it is beneficial and powerful. However , comparing to mindlessness , a totally different kind of mental ability , mindfulness is a little superficial ( I have tried my best to sound polite...)

Why people are so ignorant or afraid of mindlessness, it can be fun :- )

Many who haven't experienced mindlessness question even the validity of the concept. Most who have simply smile.

Mindlessness has some rather negative connotations hence the preference for the term 'mindfulness'. 

I would disagree that mindfulness is superficial. In its most profound state, mindfulness is the equivalent of unshakeable alertness, non-dual awareness, arising of spontaneous wisdom & compassion, and all of this permeated with deepest relaxation and effortless ease - this of course is from the Mahayana perspective.

With enough practice, mindfulness supplants the reliance on sense inputs and connects the mindful one to the state beyond mind. However, again from the viewpoint of Mahayana, this state beyond mind is not the same as mindlessness. In fact, it is mindlessness that restrains a being to habitual reactive states, according to that same philosophy. 

It is certainly possible, and ok too that other traditions should have a different take on the term. 

• Like 3

"The one whose mind knows the clarity of perfect wisdom is never afraid or even anxious. Why? Because when being at one with the living power of wisdom, the mother of all the buddhas, that person has the mind to remain in a state of undivided contemplation even while ceaselessly and skillfully engaging in compassionate action. The wise one is enabled to act because of concentration on a single prayer: "May all beings never leave the path of enlightenment, which is their own true nature and is empty of separate self-existence." ~ Prajnaparamita Sutra.

In the above commentary, the state of undivided contemplation is simultaneously the path and fruit of mindfulness.

• Like 3

I have found if you don't mind it kind a don't matter.

Minding can very healthy even though often times may result in head ache(s).

Sign in to follow this