Yoda

Dr Sha?

Good Day

I have met Dr Sha. I have known him for a few years now, and have been to many of his teachings, workshops, retreats. I have read most of his books as well.

I know that many think of his teachings as high pressure. I have seen this at times as well, but you have to understand somethings. This is not to make more money for himself. He is very generous. I have been to his home. He lives simply. He has at times paid for some to travel to be at his retreats. I have seen his generosity and compassion countless times. Yes at times he can be intense, but that is to wake us up. He feels that we are in transition time and there is urgency in his teaching.

He has such great compassion. I have witnessed this many times. He genuinely cares for all his students. You see he is trying to convey a message. And he has to convey it to our society as it is, not as we may wish it to be. So he has to work within the confines of our society. This is no different from any other teacher in history. They all had to deliver their message to the society of their time, within the confines of that society, using the methods that that society could accept.

He knows that most people can't necessarily travel to see him, he does not have a main center. He travels to see the people. He travels all around the world and all this costs. He has a team that work for him and he pays them as well, so yes he charges for his services. This is how our society is based, what doctor doesn't charge for their services.

I personally have never heard him say you must do anything, and I have heard him tell some to stop spending and to make sure that they take care of their family.

His foundation teaching is all about love, care, and compassion. This has not changed in all the years that I have known him. I have seen many benefit from his teachings and healings. And yes some have not been healed and some have died. Dr Sha always says, I will do all I can do for you and I have seen him spend much effort to help so many, not always is this part advertised at the workshops, sometimes his efforts no one knows about. But ultimately, he teaches that it is up to the Divine, the results are always up to the Divine.

As with anything you must make up your own mind. Keep an open mind, look deeply before you pass judgment.

There is an old saying that goes something like this,' If you want to know if the fruit is sweet or not, you have to taste it.'

Thank You

I don't know anything about that but my two pals who have been Dr Sha followers don't appear to be into him anymore.

I just learned that Michael Stevens suffered from a heart attack, died suddenly. Condolences to all involved ...

I continue to have wildly mixed feelings about Master Sha's work. I have experienced -- both in person (twice) and via teleconference (many times) the power and sweetness of his energy, his joyful presence, and his commitment to a planetary awakening. I've experienced huge, positive energetic shifts, being in his field. However: from the start I've been quite healthy -- no major illnesses or injuries .... so I can't report, one way or another, on his capacity to heal such things directly.

What I am clear about is that some of his methods make me very uncomfortable, and do have a cult-like vibe to them, big-time --- particularly around financial stuff. And his claims to be God's (one and only and special) "chosen servant" are so obviously at odds with Buddhist and Taoist philosophy/practice -- though he claims to have roots in both of these traditions. Charging huge amounts of money for energetic blessings/"downloads" brings to mind Jesus & the Money Changers -- with Dr. Sha playing the role of the latter, and not -- as he might claim -- the former.

I admire his courage and stamina and willingness to be a visionary, of sorts --- following the intuitive guidance of spirit --- yet it's obvious that many of those following him are getting into trouble, in all sorts of ways --- and I feel that he has a responsibility to tune into this ...

Mila Now,

Thanks for your feedback!

I've been on a couple of his conference calls and thought that he had a lot of charisma and power and I really liked his books... definitely a really brilliant guy. I think the essence of a teacher's benefit is found in the lives of the students... if most everyone is improving in most departments of life then that's a good sign. If everyone is improving in all departments of life that's even better!

I never took the next step to go to anything in person, so I have no idea what Dr Sha's students go through.

Imo, lots of bad teachers steal different energies from different students and often steal in areas that won't show up for awhile. Or they'll steal from all their students' financial energy but say that they are supposed to be otherworldly so that's cool.

Your pal,

Yoda

I have seen Dr Sha in action and while I can say that yes he does facilitate a strong energy coming through it is not what he thinks. He does inspire people and assist people to heal themselves, even though he seems to wish to take the credit. He constantly repeats how HE has made his followers, some of them who have paid a LOT of money, healers. It seems that yes indeed they do believe that it is through their alliance with Dr Sha that they now have the abilities they have, yet they did not seem to work for these abilities themselves, so it seems that what the master gives the master can take away. The impression he gives is spirituality in multi level marketing, kinda like a Tony Robbins spiritual kinda setting, if you can imagine that. YET, he does inspire a lot of people and guess what not everybody is ready to take full responsibility for their growth, they prefer to give that to others and Dr Sha is filling that void for quite a pretty penny. Because I was fascinated with the evening I interviewed quite a few of his followers. All of them had karma cleansings, a 1 minute process that costs close to $1,000, some had good experiences afterwards, some not so good. As I said yes he is working with strong energies, I saw what they were, the veil was lifted from my eyes. So if you are called to see him and study with him, why not, just have discernment and keep your eyes and heart open and learn all there is to learn. I choose not to continue my studies with him and yet did see how he was inspiring others.

Thanks, anonymous, for providing this information -- as well as the link to Wendy's post over at the Healing Tao forum. I feel you've both pretty much nailed it: Here's a guy with some bona fide skills and power and good intentions; who has, in some not insignificant ways, gone astray, in relation to the larger picture.

It's tricky, isn't it -- these issues of power and authority in relation to teachers? Earlier in this thread, someone made the point that ultimately it's the responsibility of each one of us (in our roles as students and teachers) to see through and hence avoid this kind of thing. And there is, of course, truth to this.

Yet part of the reason for having a teacher comes from the acknowledgment of our as-yet-imperfect wisdom, knowledge, power, perception -- and a desire to associate with someone who, out of kindness and compassion, has agreed to support us on the way. And this is, potentially, beautiful!

Of course our capacity to intuit the "greater" wisdom, knowledge, power, perception etc. in another person has its source in our own (as-yet-unmanifest) capacities, of that same order. To the extent that a teacher is skilled, they will tune into the dynamics of this kind of projection, knowing that they are but a mirror of their students' own as-yet-unrecognized capacities -- and, as quickly as possible, and fully, "return" this projected power/authority to the student.

The Guru Yoga practice of Tibetan Buddhism is a great example of this kind of skillful working with what is perhaps a necessary projection of authority onto a spiritual teacher. We get to see Buddha/God/Tao in another, fall in love with this, and then come to recognize our non-separation from the mind of the Guru, i.e. our own Buddha Nature, our "true face."

Once again, I do not doubt Dr. Sha's capacity to work within the "realms of power" (the Sambogakaya, in Buddhist language) -- I've experienced all kinds of perceptual shifts and third-eye phenomenon, when in connection with his energy. And perhaps, from his side, he doesn't really believe his own "I am God's chosen servant" rhetoric. How would I know? But the fact remains that he is using his power to "inspire" others to project their power and authority onto him, big-time -- without any evidence, to date, of an equally powerful capacity to return this power and authority to its rightful owners .....

It's tricky, isn't it -- these issues of power and authority in relation to teachers? Earlier in this thread, someone made the point that ultimately it's the responsibility of each one of us (in our roles as students and teachers) to see through and hence avoid this kind of thing. And there is, of course, truth to this.

The way I see it, on a level a spiritual teach is no different then a teacher in any other, mundane field. They have access to knowledge that they can pass on to their students and are skilled in their field of expertise. This does not make them a better person in all areas of life however and to expect that from a teacher and to idolize anyone creates the risk of dependancy.

He also says that pretty much everything and everyone including organs and cells have souls too. I wonder if they have little dudes sitting in their LTT's? :lol:

LOL! That sounds like me! I deliberately personified each one of my 7 Chakras. Quickly discovered they love sticking their tongue out at me in a good-natured, cheery way. One of them even decided to moon me one time! I never knew Chakra Lotus flowers had hineys until that day. :o

LOL! That sounds like me! I deliberately personified each one of my 7 Chakras. Quickly discovered they love sticking their tongue out at me in a good-natured, cheery way. One of them even decided to moon me one time! I never knew Chakra Lotus flowers had hineys until that day. :o

What do you charge for a chakra-lotus-flower-with-hiney download? :D

and posting information on Dr Sha's latest book campaign.

in Dr Sha's message about the book campaign, he states:

Earlier this year, however, the Divine told me that the Divine will end the Divine Karma Cleansing service at the end of 2009. The Divine has made a decision that people must pay their own karmic debt. It is too easy for the Divine to clear a human being's karma.

But wait!...there is one last chance for karma cleansing. Buy thousands of dollars worth of his books, and he will give you the "last chance for karma cleansing ever on mother earth".

and this guy is worried about my karma?

Links attached as pdfs for posterity.

book_campaign.pdf

Dr_Sha_message_about_book_campaign.pdf

Edited by anonymous

I'm intrigued about 2 things.

Why only posting about Dr Sha? (except for hello)

Axe%20to%20Grind%201.jpg

and why Anonymous as a pen name.

I don't have a problem with Anonymous's posts, it's just intriguing.

ok ok, ive been trying to avoid becoming engaged, but here goes...

It is a challenge to find the balance between 'let be what is' and speaking out ... but I've seen too much wrong to stay silent and thus began posting information on Dr Sha to inform the innocent, as well as get feed back to help sort my own way through the mess (thank you Yoda, you're posts are excellent). Yes we each need to find our own way and are on our own path - its a question about at what time we recieve the lessons. This is not about putting others down, its about informing the innocent: we and they are on a path too (your path lead you to read this...)

However I cannot share my personal information (i.e. personal story) as it involves a number of others close to me who's privacy I need to respect, and/or because there may be dissapointment to know of my postings because their sense of forgiveness doesn't allow for speaking out. Lets just say this: it involves over $200k to Dr Sha and an especially yet needlessly difficult death (all medical treatment avoided in lieu of 'downloads'....Dr Sha capitalizes on western fear of death afterall). And really, my story doesnt matter (there are lots of other stories or observations from others on the forums now anyway) as people shouldn't decide based on other's experiences, but based on what they feel within (provided they have access to all the information).

There is also some fear of backlash from Dr Sha and his business team as he has stated very strongly that he will 'protect the Mission'. For one, I dont wish apon my self any 'badspeak' Sha is known to say about those who dont support the mission. But also he has a strong legal team and the money to fund it - I dont wish to be part of some sort of Gentle Winds Project court case (as "enlightening" as that would be ;-)

Anyway, to thus maintain my anonymity, I created a separate accounts just for my postings on Dr Sha, and chose the name anonymous to make it clear I would like to remain so. I've also posted on other forums as "real servant" , which was just an 'anti' to Dr Sha's use of the term 'Universal Servant'. I have no affiliation of any kind, being an open-minded spiritual seeker who has experimented with a number of belief systems, enough to know where some pitfalls can mess with the benefits*.

(* I would highly reccommend Elizabeth Lesser's book, "A Seekers Guide" for so elequently capturing some of these issues, some of which are so rampant within Dr Sha's organization, and yet providing a balanced view on the benefits of spiritual seeking and making 'discoveries' along the way.)

I should also qualify: I feel sorry for Dr Sha and his top followers -they are not outright trying to run a scam, but their ego's have self deluded themselves to the point of really believing they have a monopoly on the Divine's direct wishes, which of course then justifies anything and everything. One day the light at the end of the tunnel is going to be an uncoming train. I hope they see the real light before then.

I hope that answers your questions.

Edited by anonymous

anonymous,

wow... sorry to hear that... I didn't realize you had been through so much. Very sobering that such a an amazingly bright guy in so many ways can go off the rails like that.

In my study of teachers gone wild, I am convinced they somehow convince themselves that they are ultimately benefiting others and do perform genuine healings but are aware that what they are claiming to teach and do isn't exactly what they are up to.

They get in the habit of telling lies all the time and start to exude a general cloud of BS.

Your pal,

Yoda

Just for everyone's reference, my friends Beingbliss and Adi Padma who posted in support of Dr Sha in the thread above are now studying with their previous teacher and I don't know any details of why they left the doctor.

There is a downloadable mp3 interview with Dr.Sha on exploreyourspirit.com , he sounded very ungenuine and goofy to me.

Guest paul walter

anonymous,

wow... sorry to hear that... I didn't realize you had been through so much. Very sobering that such a an amazingly bright guy in so many ways can go off the rails like that.

In my study of teachers gone wild, I am convinced they somehow convince themselves that they are ultimately benefiting others and do perform genuine healings but are aware that what they are claiming to teach and do isn't exactly what they are up to.

They get in the habit of telling lies all the time and start to exude a general cloud of BS.

Yoda, this can't be true. We live in a 'cult' system of democracy/capitalism and we have been trained to think (since we live in the best of all possible systems) that "it's all for the best" when evil acts are perpretrated-that it's at worst as you have stated. This is how our political systems run and keep on running (as well as their corporate bosses and other higher ups). The infrastructure of criminality doesn't allow for such naivity since you have to be one step ahead of the sniffer dogs all the time. That's why Sha's empire keeps changing the rules etc.

Check out Vianna Stibel's 'Theta Healing' for another shoddy but classicly based 'spiritual' healing system. She also got it from God who seems to be busier than a Wall Street stock-broker these days in his investment schemes involving humans . B) Apparently every time you download Divine this and Divine that into your 'healing' practice you are downloading black-heart strangling-energy into yourself. She herself has had life threatening disease, is a liar, con-artist but continues to thrive even though the anomally has been pointed out to her in no uncertain terms. She o course has her official certifying body: the Theta Institute of Knowledge or THINK :lol: Her 'followers' are as spiritually dumb and agape (because of course 'energy' healing works in many contexts) as all these people who blindly follow 'masters'. and who are easily taken in by 'wholistic' solutions for their mind/body/spirit ills :( .

Ever since Blavatsky and Leadbetter..... :rolleyes:

Wow just discovered this dude by accident - amazing that he was rated qigong master of the year by Effie P. Chow - a real qigong master - but looks like he really has set up a serious cult.

http://mastersha.weebly.com/

This taobums thread gets cited on the above website compiling online critiques of Dr. Sha.

He thanks the Divine, the Akashic Records and the highest saint who is in charge of financial blessings in the Soul World for the authority and ability to offer this divine service. 

Master Sha is offering Zhi Gang Sha Soul Rainbow Light Ball and Soul Rainbow Liquid Spring for Divine Financial Blessing for the first time in his Sunday Divine Blessings teleconference on January 22 and January 29 only. It is valued at $1,000 per transmission. For this two-week period only, it will be available at the very special price of $500 per transmission.

This whole financial blessings deal.

I should really be posting this in my Taoist late-capitalist Commodification thread - but oh well.

And what `services' does Master Sha offer at his blessings and retreats? Well, Master Sha believes that he is a "Channel" of the Divine, and he (and only he) has been given special powers. So he (and only he) can offer you- via the "Dr Sha dot com" channel (check it out for yourself):
- Divine Protection against every imaginable hazard
- clear your Karma for $2000. just like that - no followup or practice or nothing...even Dr, Sha calls it a "short cut"
- Transplants for diseased organs
- Body Soul Transplant for $5000 (not explicitly listed in the web site, but it is a prerequisite, among others, to be come a Master Teacher Healer)
- Etc.
(actually, you can usually get the blessings for less because there is always a last minute special to appeal to the "shoppers")

What is a Body Soul Transplant? You current soul leaves you and a new soul (a saint) chooses you. Its sad that some people are so down they feel they need a brand new soul....and I guess all the poor folks have little chance at becoming a saint...how exclusive.

You gotta love the creativity in this scam - it's like Scientology and TM combined!

• Like 1