Sign in to follow this  
Vantage

Tibetan Rites - ok to do twice a day?

I've been doing some of the Tibetan Rites at the moment.

(http://www.lifeevents.org/5-tibetans-energy-rejuvenation-exe...)

I usually do the 21 reps in the morning and I was wondering if it would be ok to do another round in the evening.

Some sites say " Doing more than 21 repetitions of each exercise in any day will affect your chakras negatively and can create imbalances in your body."

What do you guys think?

I've been doing some of the Tibetan Rites at the moment.

(http://www.lifeevents.org/5-tibetans-energy-rejuvenation-exe...)

I usually do the 21 reps in the morning and I was wondering if it would be ok to do another round in the evening.

Some sites say " Doing more than 21 repetitions of each exercise in any day will affect your chakras negatively and can create imbalances in your body."

What do you guys think?

Link isn't working

All my T5T books are out on loan to a friend, but my favorite is Christopher S. Kilham's The Five Tibetans: Five Dynamic Exercises for Health, Energy, and Personal Power. Excellent book.

But pretty sure they all say it's o.k. to do them morning and night if you want, but really it's not necessary and you might feel a bit energized if you are trying to sleep right after doing them. Just 21reps once a day will get you all the benefits.

Must admit I have not read that doing more than 21 was bad before, pretty sure that isn't in Peter Kelder original book or Carolinda Witt's T5T. Pretty pictures and a lot more safety tips for the back in this one, best book if you have no yoga background or if you have injuries as T5T can be a bit harder than it looks, unhealthy people in the 1930 must have been a lot fitter than unhealthy people now :)

Really like the T5T, don't do them all the time, but they are usually rattling about somewhere in my practice.

p.s. didn't try the link, but if you want to save $$ on a book, print this one.

http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm

But pretty sure they all say it's o.k. to do them morning and night if you want, but really it's not necessary and you might feel a bit energized if you are trying to sleep right after doing them. Just 21reps once a day will get you all the benefits.

Well if there are no benefits to doing it twice I will just leave it at once a day.

That's the site where they say:

" 21 is the maximum of each exercise you should ever do. If you want to enhance your program, do the exercises at a faster pace, but do not so more than 21 of each exercise each day. Doing more than 21 repetitions of each exercise in any day will affect your chakras negatively and can create imbalances in your body."

Edited by Vantage

That's the site where they say:

"21 is the maximum of each exercise you should ever do. If you want to enhance your program, do the exercises at a faster pace, but do not so more than 21 of each exercise each day. Doing more than 21 repetitions of each exercise in any day will affect your chakras negatively and can create imbalances in your body."

Hi Vantage,

I have never read anything like that elsewhere. The T5T exercises turn up in other books now and then, i.e. #4 is in the advanced section of Furies combat conditioning.

The original book did talk about the dangers of doing too many, but the example was the whirling dervish whirling for hours on end, not from just doing + 21 reps or practicing twice a day :)

The thing I liked most about T5T was that you only had to do 21 reps once a day, although I tend to do them rather slowly so it's more like 20min of exercise than 10min.

If you feel like doing morning and night I'd say go for it and see how it feels to you. Apparently most people end up adding more yoga poses, if T5T is all they are doing, to make a longer workout.

Sign in to follow this