Sign in to follow this  
TheWhiteRabbit

On Corruption... What defines you?

This is going to be a weak post by me, not because I do not have all the facts.  It is just because I intend to ask some important questions.

Why did you have the political views you now have?

Does any staggering corruption make you waiver from supporting any members of your party?

Also, if there is just widespread corruption in a group, why support it?

These are a lot of my after thoughts regarding the Trump election.

We saw much corruption and imposition by watch groups that should have been litigated and are still up to their old tricks.  Soros and many othes who are ultra rich and powerful want to make money by undermining the country.  That is why Trump ran and overthrew the other party.  Still, there are people who turn a blind eye to the corruption of their own party and it is really time to clean house.

Eventually, people have to understand things have to be cleaned up.  It is not nice and not fun.

I have to cut this short because someone wants me to get a lock, so, this should be food for thought, or banter.  Theres the football.

• Like 1

Just something for thought.

dmitri.vlassis.jpg

Meaning we should not teach our kids how to hate the other side ...or gagthing

But, we should teach them that corrupt people exploit empathy (like con men do) to seal opinions or shame opponents...  We have to start now, before it gets worse.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit
  • Like 3

Yes, the main reason I declared myself an Anarchist is because of the corruption in government.  The second, I suppose, is because people insisted on me being politically correct which in my mind meant that I was supposed to become a liar.

The human animal will be what it can become and there is little anyone can say to change that.  Only time will tell where the path will lead us.

• Like 2

I don't really identify as a Republican or Democrat (I live in the U.S.).  I am usually left on social issues, but right with fiscal issues.  I'd love to see a transition to small government that focuses on individual rights.  Ever since Wilson and possibly even TR, this country has been emphasizing the "common good" over "individual rights", which seems to be a polite way of saying give the state a lot more power to dictate what is good.

There is good and bad on both sides.  For instance, I like Rand Paul and Ron Paul on the right, but I also like Tulsi Gabbard and Dennis Kucinich who are Democrats.  Since reality is changing constantly, I think these parties need to change or die.  The GOP reluctantly changed with the rise of Trump... and the DNC seems very resistant to change.  I think that, since media, Hollywood, and University are generally left-leaning, the left has gotten a bit too powerful for my own liking.  Although I wasn't alive in the 60s, liberalism was probably the cool counterculture thing to rebel against conservative dominance.  Now the system is very left, and conservatism/libertarianism is more the counterculture now.

Edited by futuredaze
  • Like 3

I don't really identify as a Republican or Democrat (I live in the U.S.). I am usually left on social issues, but right with fiscal issues. I'd love to see a transition to small government that focuses on individual rights. Ever since Wilson and possibly even TR, this country has been emphasizing the "common good" over "individual rights", which seems to be a polite way of saying give the state a lot more power to dictate what is good.

There is good and bad on both sides. For instance, I like Rand Paul and Ron Paul on the right, but I also like Tulsi Gabbard and Dennis Kucinich who are Democrats. Since reality is changing constantly, I think these parties need to change or die. The GOP reluctantly changed with the rise of Trump... and the DNC seems very resistant to change. I think that, since media, Hollywood, and University are generally left-leaning, the left has gotten a bit too powerful for my own liking. Although I wasn't alive in the 60s, liberalism was probably the cool counterculture thing to rebel against conservative dominance. Now the system is very left, and conservatism/libertarianism is more the counterculture now.

I agree with much of what you said but I see the system as very right. Compare the USA to Denmark.

Sign in to follow this