Sign in to follow this  
Orgasmic19

Did Jesus Study Taosim?

In ancient times there was no need of understanding and studying what was already present in the entire planet and within yourself. People went to bed with the sunset and got up at sunrise. First Yin and Yang principle. How many humans today have this basic understanding of slowing down with the Yin and being active with the Yang?

Earth was Earth a giant blue spirit with a huge consciousness expanding in all directions. More evolved humans were also able to communicate with the gods and other heavenly beings without having to undertake a huge spiritual work or go with long retreats as we do today.

Life on Earth was so simple!!!!!

We lived in a diseased and bogged world, hence Taoism, energy science is needed more than ever.

The Buddha set up a system were the body was irrelevant, it was the mind and nothing else but the mind.

The Christ similarly followed this route and spoke of the Heart as the main area of work. This is also the path of the Sufi.

So what was the Earth back then? Listen to Heiner Fruehauf summarised lecture on this very topic. When I first watched not only agreed 100% with his wisdom but also realised that our world has gone too far as in being totally deluded and divorced itself from the universal and natural laws discovered by the ancient sages and mystics.

Enjoy and I hope this helps.

:)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 5

Did Jesus Study Taosim? Or is there any evidence or ideas of such nature?

This is a very difficult question because there is no evidence of a historical Jesus as set forth in the many Bibles.

By no historical Jesus - one cannot find Any evidence of his existence during the time he is supposed to have existed. All historical texts from the times that he was said to have lived do not include mention or corroboration of his existence. In fact many biblical accounts conflict with actual historical accounts from the time he was said to have actually exist.

This does not mean that he did not exist - I am not arguing that in any way shape or form - neither for nor against.

Just stating facts that you may not be aware of.

During the time of his proposed existence one of the most common names was Jesus - so it is also possible that a Jesus might be found here or there just as we have many Jesus's up here in California - their names are pronounced as "heysoose".

Hi Spotless!

I am not a christian but....

This is just not true that there are no historical mentions of Jesus.

We have a lot of apokryph texts that hold views outside of the standard gospels that speak of Jesus and he was mentioned in historical writings (Pontius Pilate annals; Antiquities of the jews).

• Like 1

I think MIchael80 refers to Tacitus's Annals? I believe he did exist. His existence is more readily verifiable than that of Gautama or Laozi, or many other figures people believe existed with zero evidence....

Assuming Jesus the man of the stories did exist, and going by the stories of the Bible and apocrypha:

From biography.com:

"The Gospel of Luke (2:41-52) recounts that a 12-year-old Jesus had accompanied his parents on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem and became separated. He was found several days later in a temple, discussing affairs with some of Jerusalem’s elders. Throughout the New Testament, there are trace references of Jesus working as a carpenter while a young adult. It is believed that he began his ministry at age 30"

In order to study Taoism to any serious degree he would have had to travel to China, spend some years there, and return. Unless there was a Daoist master wandering around Rome/Israel. Which is possible, I suppose. (I write that in a doubtful tone).

So... I doubt it.

Edited by dust
  • Like 4

There is, of course, an assumption baked into the question -- that realizing "the Tao" requires formal study of the Canon of Taoism. I think this is a mistake, albeit an understandable one.

Gautama didn't "study" what we now call Buddhism.

As an aside, I find it fascinating to observe the various ways people respond to the mention of that Nazarene. I don't think much should be read into these responses but I also think they are worth noting.

• Like 3

Hi Spotless!

I am not a christian but....

This is just not true that there are no historical mentions of Jesus.

We have a lot of apokryph texts that hold views outside of the standard gospels that speak of Jesus and he was mentioned in historical writings (Pontius Pilate annals; Antiquities of the jews).

(You may wish to re-examine what you believe to be true regarding your response - I have no wish to derail this thread in these very old arguements so I will not respond further - Tacitus was born 25 years after Jesus approximate death) Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Some belive there is a theoretical possibility that Jesus encountered teachings from buddhist (Asoka) monks. I read about that somewhere, a long time ago. (Vague reference, right?)

I have felt the presence of Jesus in my own body when he took over during a healing session.

It was very powerful.

My sensing says he didn't study Taoism.

• Like 1

Another interesting experience I had similar to your healing session involving:

Virgin Mary = Guan Yin.

When I finished my interaction with this deva I had the suddent realisation that she was exactly the same being but manifesting in two separate locations (Middle East and East Asia). It's just a deva living in a plane not far from ours, possibly the Tusita heaven, where Buddhas live prior to be reborn in a human plane, any human plane not just this one as there are infinite universes.

Jesus - Buddha - Lao Tzu....they well all could be the same being. I mean different incarnations of the same being.

I don't believe we are all alone in this ride and the real location of your current mind being in this plane.

• Like 2

(You may wish to re-examine what you believe to be true regarding your response - I have no wish to derail this thread in these very old arguements so I will not respond further - Tacitus was born 25 years after Jesus approximate death)

While everyone knows that I have a (mystical) Christian background, I would agree with Spotless. The only historical reference from the time period is actually around the killing of John the Baptist. There is no direct historical documentation of the existence of Jesus.

• Like 2

Daoism is a specific expression of what has been called the Perennial Philosophy - the original wisdom that belongs to all of humanity. The teachings of Jesus are another expression of this universal wisdom.

I sometimes call Hermeticism a kind of Western Daoism. And Jesus was certainly close to Hermeticism and related forms of Gnosis.

So the assumption of an exposure to Chinese texts is unnecessary, in my view.

• Like 3

If Jesus was a maha avatar as some of the Hindu yogis say then he would be relatively omniscient and would have already known the essence of Taoism without formal study.

• Like 4

Another interesting experience I had similar to your healing session involving:

Virgin Mary = Guan Yin.

When I finished my interaction with this deva I had the suddent realisation that she was exactly the same being but manifesting in two separate locations (Middle East and East Asia). It's just a deva living in a plane not far from ours, possibly the Tusita heaven, where Buddhas live prior to be reborn in a human plane, any human plane not just this one as there are infinite universes.

Jesus - Buddha - Lao Tzu....they well all could be the same being. I mean different incarnations of the same being.

I don't believe we are all alone in this ride and the real location of your current mind being in this plane.

Like one of my teachers told me. Jesus, Buddha and also living avatars / saints are all different expressions of the Divine.

So Buddha had a focus on wisdom, Jesus a specific kind of love and so on.

Not the same thing but different expressions like people have different personalities but we are all of the Divine.

Indeed! Did The Buddha study Taoism? No and he didn't need to.

I said this several times in other threads, sorry for sounding so repetitive. When you live in a world that resembles more the Garden of Eden and you are the son of a King and live a life of luxury and completley devoided from any  worry and stress, what is the point of healing your body-mind with specific practices and medical techniques and herbs to remove Qi blockages and correct Yin and Yang imbalances.

These mystics had virtually no blockages in their bodies they worked at the purely spiritual level and both performed miracle feats that would seem sci-fi in our modern world.

You don't have to go back 2,000 or more years back in history to read about the purity of their minds and how wisdom and siddhis as a result of spiritual attainment came about so 'easily' to The Buddha. Just 400-500 years ago:

Levitation and Ecstatic flights in the lives of the Saints

Our world has gone trough a massive change in 400 years so maybe the Christian mystics' feats are also sci-fi.

So, did Jesus study Taoism? probably not. But he was a righteous man and he outlined a righteous path---And this is not a matter of a moral valuation of a person or path; it is a particular quality of being and perception that is only accessible when the body is clear and karmas are absent.
Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Judging by the doctrines, Jesus wouldn't match much of what goes for eastern religion. The focus was on individual souls and upon moral conduct. These things appear everywhere, but the only eastern "religion" that I have found to match it is falun dafa.

It breaks down one of the main differences in the practices. Almost all of the well-known eastern practices do some gerrymandering to redefine what a person is. This is even reflected in the scheme of practices, which divert a person's attention in such a way that a different layer of consciousness receives all the benefits of cultivation. Actually, the specific break down was that there are many consciousnesses, a core consciousness, a main consciousness, and a power spirit (there could be more, but these were the important ones related to practice). Almost all of the eastern practices will train up the power spirit and confer no benefit the main consciousness associated with the body.

At first, I wondered if this was true or not or if it was a selling point for people who hadn't cultivated into a different form of awareness. But the lecture itself is laced with a very intricate transmission that profoundly restructures the way your consciousness-es relate to one-another. It took me more than a week to integrate what this is and actually function in a fairly normal way (and I'm still working on it). But this thing alone is huge. There is no Jiva-to-Shiva in this scheme---that type of scheme just abandons your soul and shifts a slightly different consciousness into the driver's seat. The soul itself has no benefit and reincarnates at square one. This to me is still theory, but the transmission made the basis for the theory into something very tangible.

Likewise, the scheme of yin and yang is similar but different in falun gong. This, in fact, was very perplexing because yin and yang were often inverted in different traditions.Often this is written off as a triviality, but it actually is correlated to the energy flows of a particular consciousness when it controls the body. The side consciousness will have the front as yang and back as yin and left as yin and right as yang. These are inverted when the consciousness of the soul is in charge of the body. This also matches the discrepancies between hermeticism and other traditions.

The moral doctrine, in this context, is extremely important. If you shift into a side consciousness, you can access all sorts of abilities. If your soul remains in charge, though, the extent of its abilities is dependent upon the cleanliness of the body/bodies. This is a matter of cleaning karma. It is exemplified in the turning-of-the-other cheek. And it is also directly correlated to the exchange of negative karma for good karma/virtue. This is likewise why suffering was to be endured without soliciting sympathy; those who get sympathy have their reward here; those who suffer in silence will have their reward in heaven. This is actually a literal matter of gaining virtue and losing karma; if you are not enduring a hardship, you are not accumulating virtue or merit and your body/bodies are not being cleansed of their karmas.

Even the details of how the energy body is developed in this practice match the scriptures. "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out". During the lecture, there were specific blocks/control flows that are placed around the meridians of the right eye because most people use the spiritual abilities of the right eye to sin. The right eye, traditionally, is the one with the prominent outgoing beam; it is considered the sun in alchemical texts. With it, you can influence things around you. For this reason, its paranormal functions are preemptively made inaccessible to falun gong practitioners. They will only be accessed when a practitioner reaches a level where the sinful tendencies have been erased and the characteristic of the universe has taken its place. Which is to say, a person's way of being and acting will have been made isomorphic to the universe/dao/dafa (in this context).

You can probably find all manner of superficial correlates to mainline eastern religions. But the layering present in the falun gong model makes the most sense to me. It is robust enough that it not only explains every detail on its own, it also explains why other traditions can say different things. And, in light of its own model, it provides a sufficient basis for saying that the other traditions are limited.

So, did Jesus study Taoism? probably not. But he was a righteous man and he outlined a righteous path---And this is not a matter of a moral valuation of a person or path; it is a particular quality of being and perception that is only accessible when the body is clear and karmas are absent.

Edit: There may be things incorrect or incomplete with what I wrote; I have only interacted with the subject of falun gong in the past two weeks and may have carried over other understandings into its terms and ideas. So far, though, what I wrote is what I understood.

Couldn't you say that Jesus taught Bodhicitta?

Sign in to follow this