qicat

Gathering the Sun's Essence - practical discussion with references

Meow, Bums:)

Here is a question for you. Since we all kind of agreed that human-to-human vampiring is not nice, let's discuss other ways of gathering energy. In this topic I would like to discuss "Gathering The Sun's Essence" practice. I would like to hear how it is done in different schools/teachers/lineages, if you have done it, what is your observations/feelings/thoughts about this, what are steps/levels/adjustments in a progressive practice (if any), warnings, etc.

"Gathering the Sun's Essence" - belongs to a set of foundational meditations and is used for replenishment of Yang life-force energy.

Originally described in "Hua Yang Zhu Dong Qi"( The Records of the Various Caves on the Southern Slopes of Mount Hua). Instructions survived in "Zhen Gao"(Declarations of Perfect Immortals) and "Shang Qing Wo Zhong Jue"(Explanations of the Methods of Grasping the Central Luminary).

If you do such practice, mind  sharing ( as much as you think is relevant?)

From myself: I have done this practice with interesting results.

• One time at Hawaii I was doing it at the sunrise and I got circle blobs of energy ( but for some reason grey color) flowing at me. It was interesting.
  • One time I was around Sierra's ( Tahoe area) at the sunrise and I was looking towards mountains and suddenly the colors were blue/orange  and my perception was heightened to 1000X and I literally felt I am having sex with the universe. That kind of shaking is... well ( kitty will be modest here), but I think it kind of counts as getting "Yang energy" into female body.
  • One time around Big Sur at the ocean at the sunset at winter equinox I literally felt I opened the doors to the underworld. Very strange "feelings" of meditating on the setting sun. I do not get such results at my home. When it is nice and not cold outside I do my practice in my backyard, but it does not have the results as grand as I described, but some shaking in the belly ( expected as per books/instructions).

While I do not chase any results/feelings/benchmarks, I would like to find more references on the practice and how do others feel/think/observe/etc during the practice. 

Meow,

your very smart scientific simple kat ( who can spell sometimes:P) 

• Like 1

Is Yoda still around? His practice log seems interesting. Mind updating from almost 10 years ago if you are still here?

• Like 1

All the best with your practice Kat. :)

I don't do this but let's wait if somebody does and give some more insight.

All the best. :)