Drifting_Through_Infinity

I need help with my meditation problem

For the past couple of weeks, I haven't been able to meditate. I just sit down, and get a sudden feeling as if banana pudding is being spilled in my body and I just cannot go on sitting. Has anyone else experienced this? How do you get through it?

Do some hard exercise.  Tire out the body a bit so the mind is freed up. 

Or do the easiest kind, listen to a guided meditation or yoga nidra.  They capture the mind and lead it into trance. 

For example here are youtubes that can be converted in mp3's.  Stephen has a nice voice and good variety- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwRp13WDIrMO4UZiN0b3kqMdvEolQpeaf

Yoga nidra- the original form of guided meditation ala yoga: http://www.yoganidranetwork.org/downloads

While such practices are ultimately crutches that you need to get rid of, and 'just sit'.  Until you can go deep naturally, they're a good option. 

• Like 3

Do some hard exercise.  Tire out the body a bit so my mind is freed up. 

Or do the easiest kind of exercise, listen to a guided meditation or yoga nidra.  They capture the mind and lead it into trance. 

For example here are youtubes that can be converted in mp3's.  Stephen has a nice voice and good variety- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwRp13WDIrMO4UZiN0b3kqMdvEolQpeaf

Yoga nidra- the original form of guided meditation ala yoga: http://www.yoganidranetwork.org/downloads

While such practices are ultimately crutches that you need to get rid of, and 'just sit'.  Until you can go deep naturally, they're a good option. 

Yoga really does help, you're right. Thanks

Listen to your body. There have been times that i needed to take a break as well. It will pass. 

Thank you too.

meditation is not equivalent to sitting. it can be sitting, but it can very well be moving too. 

sometimes my body wants to move. i let it move as it pleases and i silence my mind at the same time. it's nice too, because you'll notice the more you silence your mind, the more the body can move freely, exactly the way it needs to. it feels very good. you might find yourself in weird poses and wonder how did you get there.

if you can't sit, it can only mean that you need to move, no? why analyse or try to push against it and not just move and see what happens? 

Edit: I don't see why you call an inner drive a problem and thus, try to fix it, rather than following it. don't use the meditation routine to become your own jailer. how could ever going against yourself and what you feel help you find yourself?

Edited by words
  • Like 5

meditation is not equivalent to sitting. it can be sitting, but it can very well be moving too. 

sometimes my body wants to move. i let it move as it pleases and i silence my mind at the same time. it's nice too, because you'll notice the more you silence your mind, the more the body can move freely, exactly the way it needs to. it feels very good. you might find yourself in weird poses and wonder how did you get there.

if you can't sit, it can only mean that you need to move, no? why analyse or try to push against it and not just move and see what happens? 

Edit: I don't see why you call an inner drive a problem and thus, try to fix it, rather than following it. don't use the meditation routine to become your own jailer. how could ever going against yourself and what you feel help you find yourself?

Thanks.

It is disheartening to see that Meditation has become merely a fad these days when it has proper purpose in spirituality about which many are unaware of. The point is that one should not force oneself into meditation in the ways it is being commercially sold to the innocents who are seeking peace in life. My guru Swami. Parthasarathy defines "Meditation as the art of focusing our Mind on a chosen thought that the intellect is guiding it, to the exclusion of all the other thoughts". Unless the intellect which is the faculty of thinking is strengthened by spiritual practices of selfless service and sacrifice by the Physical Body, universal love and gratitude towards the Divine Providence, spiritual personalities and noble cum wise benefactors by the Mind, and discrimination of the real from the unreal through study, introspection, reflection and contemplation by the intellect, it is not possible to bring the Mind to single pointed concentration. This is because without spiritual practice our mind is infested with worldly sensual and materialistic desires. Just like how we cannot win a gold medal in 100 mts sprint in Olympic games without proper training and preparation, so is the case with meditation in spirituality. Our mind must not seek peace through meditation but in the contrary, our mind must be at peace to meditate. We should never force our Mind to be at peace as it is a futile effort which will only prove detrimental to our spiritual pursuit. Mind must not be stifled to meditate, but must be trained gradually to meditate through proper practice and preparation provided in the scriptures. Vedanta philosophy prescribes the proper methods and techniques needed to prepare our Mind for meditation. One may try reading the book "Vedanta Treatise" also known by the new title "The Eternities" by Swami. Parthasarathy to get more insights about Vedanta and the right art of meditation. My Swamiji (Swami. Parthasarathy) says that our motto in life must be "To strive, to struggle, not to succeed". True victory is not external success that we imagine, but true victory is in merely taking to the spiritual path and working for our evolution without the least of result orientation. Our attitude must be to do our duty alone and never to worry about the result or never to be anxious about the fruits of action or outcome. 

Edited by Prasanna
  • Like 1

For the past couple of weeks, I haven't been able to meditate. I just sit down, and get a sudden feeling as if banana pudding is being spilled in my body and I just cannot go on sitting. Has anyone else experienced this? How do you get through it?

Could you explain exactly what a banana pudding being spilled in your body feels like?  And what kind of meditation are you doing?  Thanks.

• Like 1

Never felt banana pudding, but I have felt chocolate pudding.

Only advice I can give is that it is ok to feel like you want to get up, or frustrated, or anything else. Before getting up right away as soon as you feel it, sit with it for just a little bit and notice what sensations are there in the body. Any thoughts? Emotions? Shine some awareness on these, no need to make any of them go away.

spiritmapper.com

Find and share sacred places around the world!

• Like 1