Orgasmic19

Perineum Power

Recommended Posts

I was wondering how important is the perineum and what benefits for learning to isolate this muscle? Someone told me the perineum connects to all the meridians and chackras in the body.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you hold the middle of a balloon and squeeze one end, the other expands, in this way you can 'transfer' pressure from one side to the other.

 

Now imagine that the torso is like a balloon. If you take a deep breath and then squeeze the region around the perineum, you can transfer and direct this internal pressure to other parts of the torso.

 

This is the basis of Iron Shirt Chi Kung where you can strength and toughen up various parts of the body. Some Chi Kung practises really are pretty safe, but this one carries a fairly high degree of risk if done wrong.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To my understanding no physical work with exact muscles will open qi channels and Dan tians, they are subject to relaxation and specific work methods with energy.

The thing you have mentioned is closer to physic exercises.

Rgrds, Ilya

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My take is that it`s worth investing time and awareness to get to know, and consciously relax, every part of the body.  This goes double for oft-neglected regions like the perineum.  It seems to me that the lower down you go in the body, the less awareness there tends to be.  We`re all up in our heads.  Even tight-asses are up in their heads.  We get shoulder pain and neck tension and head aches.  All sorts of qi related problems from too much energy going up.  And yet that`s the only direction people seem to want to go -- up, up, up -- in a hell-bent mad dash for the heavens.

 

Here`s a little secret I think is true: the best way to go up (without running into trouble) is first to go down.  You gotta massage all around your abdomen, breathe into your lower dan tien, loosen up the whole pelvis.  Bringing awareness to the perineum is part of this. 

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The statement that our head is filled with too many thoughts and energy seems reasonable, moreover looks like it is the reason of strong disbalance and a source of illnesses. But I guess that doing smth with perineum might help only in a short term, just to put a temporary intent for qi to leave head and to pay attention to lower zones of the body.

Rgrds, Ilya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally speaking, if you focus on Dantian and Qi Xue breathing, the perenium will naturally open in time.

Li Xiyue discussed a method of meditation while lying on your side with your knees hugged to your body in which you focus on the Perenium, but he calls it "yin qiao xue" or the cavity of the yin qiao meridian.   The perenium area connects the lower body and torso and is a very important intersection of many different parts of the energy anatomy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When in deep meditation one finds their consciousness sinking lower and lower until it reaches the perineum and stays there like a giant ball of energy massaging and stimulating the dragon tail, what does this mean for the alchemical process? I have heard methods of contracting the perineum, and have found this helpful in relieving the tension in the muscles and relaxing this area. I would really appreciate if someone could explain the function of the perineum and what to do when consciousness reaches there. Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Core strengthening and organ massage together with Taoist breathing, inhale lift perineum floor, exhale release. this has many health benefits. kegels is a more modern term specifically for woman but benefits all that practice daily.  

 

If doing alchemy hibernate consciousness into the cinnabar field.Tie up the horse,  leash the monkey and send them to the lower elixir field to rest. Perineum has no relevance to alchemic process except for crooked paths misunderstanding the orbit that actually starts at ming men gate as the base not sexual organs. the front descending channel flows down like cooling water past the sexual organs back to the gate of life for the fire process.

 

The people that begin at perineum and straight line to the heavenly palace, crown of head are also confused that vitality is sexual energy when in proper systems sexual energy is considered neutral. the method described here (straight line) activates sexual energy which is a crooked path misunderstanding dual cultivation and is damaging to one's health.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Core strengthening and organ massage together with Taoist breathing, inhale lift perineum floor, exhale release. this has many health benefits. kegels is a more modern term specifically for woman but benefits all that practice daily.  

 

 

I've read that kegels are not advised for men because (if I remember right) in the long term they compress the prostate. What are your thoughts about this?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KuroShiro said:

 

I've read that kegels are not advised for men because (if I remember right) in the long term they compress the prostate. What are your thoughts about this?

 

The prostate compresses and then relaxes if Kegels are done properly. Same thing with ejaculation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ralis said:

 

The prostate compresses and then relaxes if Kegels are done properly. Same thing with ejaculation.

 

I've found it:

https://nutritiousmovement.com/men-have-pelves-too/

 

"Pelvic Floor Disorder are in no way limited to women. They are just as prevalent in men, and worsening (in both populations). Sure, the names of the issues are different — many of them using the word “prostate” instead of “vulva” but the biomechanics/mechanisms of these ailments are the same. In women, organs fall out. In men, they fall down. And rest on the prostate. Something, I’d imagine, about as comfortable and feasible long-term as sleeping between your mattress and box spring.

While public attention might not focus on the male experience of this issue, you can rest assured that they are getting the same incomplete assessments and therapies (let’s strengthen up that pelvic floor with some Kegels!!) as the ladies."

 

https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/stop-doing-kegels-real-pelvic-floor-advice-for-women-and-men

 

" A Kegel attempts to strengthen the pelvic floor, but it really only continues to pull the sacrum inward promoting even more weakness, and more PF gripping. The muscles that balance out the anterior pull on the sacrum are the glutes. A lack of glutes (having no butt) is what makes this group so much more susceptible to pelvic floor disorder (PFD). Zero lumbar curvature (missing the little curve at the small of the back) is the most telling sign that the pelvic floor is beginning to weaken. An easier way to say this is: Weak glutes + too many Kegels = PFD."

 

 

" In doing my research on the physics of the pelvis, movement, and how the pelvic floor works, it became clear that while the pelvic floor’s problem was weakness, it was weakness that is the result of too much tension - not weakness that comes from flopping around. "

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, KuroShiro said:

 

I've found it:

https://nutritiousmovement.com/men-have-pelves-too/

 

"Pelvic Floor Disorder are in no way limited to women. They are just as prevalent in men, and worsening (in both populations). Sure, the names of the issues are different — many of them using the word “prostate” instead of “vulva” but the biomechanics/mechanisms of these ailments are the same. In women, organs fall out. In men, they fall down. And rest on the prostate. Something, I’d imagine, about as comfortable and feasible long-term as sleeping between your mattress and box spring.

While public attention might not focus on the male experience of this issue, you can rest assured that they are getting the same incomplete assessments and therapies (let’s strengthen up that pelvic floor with some Kegels!!) as the ladies."

 

https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/stop-doing-kegels-real-pelvic-floor-advice-for-women-and-men

 

" A Kegel attempts to strengthen the pelvic floor, but it really only continues to pull the sacrum inward promoting even more weakness, and more PF gripping. The muscles that balance out the anterior pull on the sacrum are the glutes. A lack of glutes (having no butt) is what makes this group so much more susceptible to pelvic floor disorder (PFD). Zero lumbar curvature (missing the little curve at the small of the back) is the most telling sign that the pelvic floor is beginning to weaken. An easier way to say this is: Weak glutes + too many Kegels = PFD."

 

 

" In doing my research on the physics of the pelvis, movement, and how the pelvic floor works, it became clear that while the pelvic floor’s problem was weakness, it was weakness that is the result of too much tension - not weakness that comes from flopping around. "

 

With Kegels it is important to relax the tension.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2017 at 1:21 AM, Orgasmic19 said:

I was wondering how important is the perineum and what benefits for learning to isolate this muscle? Someone told me the perineum connects to all the meridians and chackras in the body.

Instead of isolation, think harmonization.  When the breath gets very long, the duration of breath able to be achieved becomes partially a function of the gung developed by that point in time.  Well harmonized gut motion engenders efficiency and thus more gung built, deeper depth reached, per session.  The central tendon or the perineum along with the superficial transverse perineal muscle are the main structures to be concerned with, and the levator ani is not focused on.

 

When timing this with the breath, one can consider that the huiyin is attached to a multi geared pulley, where the pull chain can go more quickly in pseudo-time with the diaphragm's movement, and the lift chain is geared so that its effective movement is slower - and in time with - the diaphragm and front of the abdomen.  This is just a mental trick for timing, because the perineum has a much shorter travel distance.

 

Reaching the maximal and minimal range and power band concurrently for all of these structures will help make the breath more energetically efficient.  As the breath approaches a minute, every last one of these efficiencies needs to be addressed in order to continue making progress. 

 

All of this muscle and breath training is the beginning stage of a solid yang line progressing to the broken yin line - once the muscle memory is well ingrained, once the airways disappear and the breath is moved only by gut motion - then the neural resonant mode transforms for the cranial nerves, and a stupendous amount of energy is available.  But you have to stop the 40 cycles/sec wiggling of the olfactory nerve for this to happen....and you dont stop that yang resonant mode without sufficient and regular enough practice.  Ohm's law also applies here in that this yang-mode neural resonance effectively equates to resistance in the equation.  The more profound the yin, the more potent the arising spark of yang from it.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2017 at 3:57 PM, SAMANTABHADRA said:

Can you please expand on this, and possibly simplify, Joeblast?  There was a lot of information in your post...

Hi Samantabhadra - that actually is rather simplified, albeit explicit and exacting in its language.  Perhaps try searching any terms you dont fully understand, use the dictionary for any words you're unsure of their meaning.  If you still have questions let me know, I do try to arrange words as such so that they will produce a simple and straightforward meaning - but sometimes this means I'll use uncommon words to do so.

 

Bane of having a large vocabulary :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a huge perineum fan.   My start with Qigong was with Dr. Yang's books and I followed them strictly.  His explanation on how to do the MCO (both ways, normal and reversed) was a massive shift in my understanding of energy.  The perineum matters.  The second significant induction to the perineum was from JoeBlast who schooled me over my then Medical Qigong master.  lastly, I worked on singularly unifying my chakra energies, which in Medical Qigong we called the Taiji Pole.   That only occurred to some degree till my exposure to Light energy practices effected an integration.

 

For the record, my perineum buzzes every day, call it fully open or recognized.  Several times a day.   I likely should pay more attention to the communication aspect as it likely is trying to talk.  I generally just smile with it; view energy as a reciprocal smile.

 

Now, to JoeBlast's explanation, in short... just my interpretation.  

 

Separation is what we first feel but unity is the goal.  The breath is the driver of the movements of the LDT, diaphragm and perineum.  The perineum has the short distance to traverse, yet despite different distances to move, they move in sync.

 

JoeBlast didn't mention the embryonic breathing (he has spoken to this in other threads, so he knows it) that may come next in progression...  I found I can fall into 3-4 breaths per minute but in the moment, it feels like you are not cognizant of any breathing.

 

Maybe some of the latter stuff is not related to the perineum but just giving what my experiences is in later stages. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2017 at 10:16 AM, dawei said:

For the record, my perineum buzzes every day, call it fully open or recognized.  Several times a day.

 

Hi dawei,

 

Your perineum has been activated, energized and configured wuwei-lessly. It has gone into a formless mode? It performs (conforms) to nothing/nobody because it becomes you?

 

On 12/4/2017 at 10:16 AM, dawei said:

I likely should pay more attention to the communication aspect as it likely is trying to talk. 

 

Besides communication, how about copulation? Not just talk but also feel?

 

On 12/4/2017 at 10:16 AM, dawei said:

I generally just smile with it; view energy as a reciprocal smile.

 

A silent knowing smile?

 

- LimA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2017 at 3:30 AM, orshavskiy@inbox.ru said:

To my understanding no physical work with exact muscles will open qi channels and Dan tians, they are subject to relaxation and specific work methods with energy.

 

Hi orshavskiy@inbox.ru,

 

My understanding too at the moment. I am still trying to understand more.

 

- LimA

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2017 at 11:06 PM, joeblast said:

... that actually is rather simplified, albeit explicit and exacting in its language.

 

Hi joeblast,

 

Trying to understand the "simplified" may not be the easiest.

 

On 10/29/2017 at 10:08 PM, joeblast said:

This is just a mental trick for timing...

 

To each his own?

 

- LimA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2017 at 0:51 PM, Limahong said:

 

Hi dawei,

 

Your perineum has been activated, energized and configured wuwei-lessly. It has gone into a formless mode? It performs (conforms) to nothing/nobody because it becomes you?

 

 

Besides communication, how about copulation? Not just talk but also feel?

 

 

A silent knowing smile?

 

- LimA 

 

another really interesting question...  but communication and copulation is all physical related. 

 

The activation of the perineum as I feel it is beyond physical beings.  

 

Try to connect with a deity... does your perineum engage ?  Yes or No ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any advice on  help perineum numbness? had severe chronic pelvic pain for a long time and resulted in nerve damage down there. pretty distressing. I do zhan zhang daily and it brings some tingling and sensation back but its a very slow process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having taken a dive off a 3-story building and busted myself up pretty badly, I speak from experience. You can regrow and some nerves can repair. However, the repair is not "the same", as many nerves then become dull or overactive. Where new growth is different, but more similar to how things were before the damage.

The main things for nerve repair are first food that feeds them, myelin sheaths and that growth are very very slow... so it will take years. Second is to stimulate them. A simple trick here is short and easy electrical shock, of which a spark from an electric lighter that is out of lighter fluid is perfect. It may sound uncomfortable, and it is in the beginning, but you will get used to it. A few clicks a day, following the nerve path, and soon they will begin to regenerate. You can also just simply purchase one of those TENS units for back pain, and attach it to the numb area, let it run through the cycle daily.

In order for them to grow, you require a high cholesterol level, and as you are certainly aware, doctors and diets tend to avoid this sort of thing.

Mine took approximately two years to regrow, the whole time tingling and zapping like they had fallen asleep and were coming back to life. I still don't have full sensory mode in areas of my back or groin after 27 years of trial and error, but I did grow enough back to walk and run like everyone else does, when the doctors said I would never do either.

I got a 2-week treatment at one time for my right arm, where they stuck thin needles deep into the nerve at the elbow, and the palm of my hand, and zapped it with electricity for 30 minutes, 3 x a day. It was a nightmare, but it did increase that nerve and improve the use of my hand tremendously. So give and take. And try not to listen to the doctors, they have experience with people who don't try, don't practice, don't use electrical stim devices, and plainly want to be crippled.

https://selfhacked.com/blog/myelin/

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2017 at 2:21 PM, Orgasmic19 said:

I was wondering how important is the perineum and what benefits for learning to isolate this muscle? Someone told me the perineum connects to all the meridians and chakras in the body.

 

On 2/12/2017 at 7:07 PM, Miffymog said:

If you take a deep breath and then squeeze the region around the perineum, you can transfer and direct this internal pressure to other parts of the torso.

 

On 2/25/2017 at 3:30 AM, orshavskiy@inbox.ru said:

To my understanding no physical work with exact muscles will open qi channels and Dan tians, they are subject to relaxation and specific work methods with energy.

 

On 2/25/2017 at 8:55 AM, liminal_luke said:

Here`s a little secret I think is true: the best way to go up ... is first to go down.  You gotta massage all around your abdomen, breathe into your lower dan tien, loosen up the whole pelvis.  Bringing awareness to the perineum is part of this. 

 

On 2/25/2017 at 7:31 PM, orshavskiy@inbox.ru said:

The statement that our head is filled with too many thoughts and energy seems reasonable... But I guess that doing smth with perineum might help only in a short term, just to put a temporary intent for qi to leave head and to pay attention to lower zones of the body.

 

On 2/26/2017 at 11:17 AM, sillybearhappyhoneyeater said:

Generally speaking, if you focus on Dantian and Qi Xue breathing, the perineum will naturally open in time... The perineum area connects the lower body and torso and is a very important intersection of many different parts of the energy anatomy.

 

On 10/27/2017 at 11:40 AM, turtlehermit said:

When in deep meditation one finds their consciousness sinking lower and lower until it reaches the perineum and stays there... what does this mean for the alchemical process?

 

On 10/28/2017 at 7:47 PM, Wu Ming Jen said:

The people that begin at perineum and straight line to the heavenly palace, crown of head are also confused that vitality is sexual energy when in proper systems sexual energy is considered neutral. the method described here (straight line) activates sexual energy which is a crooked path misunderstanding dual cultivation and is damaging to one's health.

 

On 10/29/2017 at 8:03 AM, KuroShiro said:

I've read that Kegels are not advised for men because... in the long term they compress the prostate. What are your thoughts about this?

 

On 10/29/2017 at 10:41 AM, ralis said:

With Kegels it is important to relax the tension.

 

On 10/29/2017 at 10:08 PM, joeblast said:

Instead of isolation, think harmonization... The central tendon or the perineum along with the superficial transverse perineal muscle are the main structures to be concerned with...

 

On 11/21/2017 at 4:57 AM, SAMANTABHADRA said:

Can you please expand on this, and possibly simplify, Joeblast?  There was a lot of information in your post...

 

5 hours ago, bax44 said:

Any advice on  help perineum numbness?

 

4 hours ago, Jessup2 said:

I speak from experience. You can regrow and some nerves can repair. However, the repair is not "the same", as many nerves then become dull or overactive.

 

Hi All,

 

I had tried to touch base with my perineum for quite a while and I had it shelved as I was getting nowhere. Then my perineum 'contacted' me without my knowing until recently - when it came to my conscious being that it has started to move.

 

I joined TDB in March 2017 more for a general anchor to Taoism. But when I used its platform to find out more 'perineum', there are more than 900 posts with 'perineum' in them - very mind boggling and dispersed.

 

I then decided to just focus on this thread and another (Should my prostate/perineum be engaged or relaxed? Started by sketchbo0k, 5 November 2017); and I touched base with dawei as a result. 

 

After a few discourses with him, this new thread came into being - "Perineum discussions". We would like to invite you to visit this new thread to build it up into a less dispersed homestead on our perineum, if it is possible.

 

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anal.jpgTry this on for size folks! That bit with the sacrum movement on exhale was simple and key to my feeling the energy finally flow up spine. Thanks Dr Lin, his site is a disaster to read but found this nugget buried. I’ll keep digging there, but really turned off by the presentation . Much love friends. 

Edited by yugenphoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites