Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Orgasmic19

Perineum Power

14 posts in this topic

I was wondering how important is the perineum and what benefits for learning to isolate this muscle? Someone told me the perineum connects to all the meridians and chackras in the body.

If you hold the middle of a balloon and squeeze one end, the other expands, in this way you can 'transfer' pressure from one side to the other.

Now imagine that the torso is like a balloon. If you take a deep breath and then squeeze the region around the perineum, you can transfer and direct this internal pressure to other parts of the torso.

This is the basis of Iron Shirt Chi Kung where you can strength and toughen up various parts of the body. Some Chi Kung practises really are pretty safe, but this one carries a fairly high degree of risk if done wrong.

3 people thank this

Should one learn to open the perineum since it connects to the two main meridian channels? And, would this help open up the MCO?

To my understanding no physical work with exact muscles will open qi channels and Dan tians, they are subject to relaxation and specific work methods with energy.

The thing you have mentioned is closer to physic exercises.

Rgrds, Ilya

1 person thanks this

My take is that it`s worth investing time and awareness to get to know, and consciously relax, every part of the body.  This goes double for oft-neglected regions like the perineum.  It seems to me that the lower down you go in the body, the less awareness there tends to be.  We`re all up in our heads.  Even tight-asses are up in their heads.  We get shoulder pain and neck tension and head aches.  All sorts of qi related problems from too much energy going up.  And yet that`s the only direction people seem to want to go -- up, up, up -- in a hell-bent mad dash for the heavens.

Here`s a little secret I think is true: the best way to go up (without running into trouble) is first to go down.  You gotta massage all around your abdomen, breathe into your lower dan tien, loosen up the whole pelvis.  Bringing awareness to the perineum is part of this. 

Edited by liminal_luke
1 person thanks this

The statement that our head is filled with too many thoughts and energy seems reasonable, moreover looks like it is the reason of strong disbalance and a source of illnesses. But I guess that doing smth with perineum might help only in a short term, just to put a temporary intent for qi to leave head and to pay attention to lower zones of the body.

Rgrds, Ilya

Generally speaking, if you focus on Dantian and Qi Xue breathing, the perenium will naturally open in time.

Li Xiyue discussed a method of meditation while lying on your side with your knees hugged to your body in which you focus on the Perenium, but he calls it "yin qiao xue" or the cavity of the yin qiao meridian.   The perenium area connects the lower body and torso and is a very important intersection of many different parts of the energy anatomy.

1 person thanks this

When in deep meditation one finds their consciousness sinking lower and lower until it reaches the perineum and stays there like a giant ball of energy massaging and stimulating the dragon tail, what does this mean for the alchemical process? I have heard methods of contracting the perineum, and have found this helpful in relieving the tension in the muscles and relaxing this area. I would really appreciate if someone could explain the function of the perineum and what to do when consciousness reaches there. Thanks.

1 person thanks this

Core strengthening and organ massage together with Taoist breathing, inhale lift perineum floor, exhale release. this has many health benefits. kegels is a more modern term specifically for woman but benefits all that practice daily.  

If doing alchemy hibernate consciousness into the cinnabar field.Tie up the horse,  leash the monkey and send them to the lower elixir field to rest. Perineum has no relevance to alchemic process except for crooked paths misunderstanding the orbit that actually starts at ming men gate as the base not sexual organs. the front descending channel flows down like cooling water past the sexual organs back to the gate of life for the fire process.

The people that begin at perineum and straight line to the heavenly palace, crown of head are also confused that vitality is sexual energy when in proper systems sexual energy is considered neutral. the method described here (straight line) activates sexual energy which is a crooked path misunderstanding dual cultivation and is damaging to one's health.

1 person thanks this

12 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Core strengthening and organ massage together with Taoist breathing, inhale lift perineum floor, exhale release. this has many health benefits. kegels is a more modern term specifically for woman but benefits all that practice daily.  

I've read that kegels are not advised for men because (if I remember right) in the long term they compress the prostate. What are your thoughts about this?

2 people thank this

1 hour ago, KuroShiro said:

I've read that kegels are not advised for men because (if I remember right) in the long term they compress the prostate. What are your thoughts about this?

The prostate compresses and then relaxes if Kegels are done properly. Same thing with ejaculation.

2 people thank this

14 minutes ago, ralis said:

The prostate compresses and then relaxes if Kegels are done properly. Same thing with ejaculation.

I've found it:

https://nutritiousmovement.com/men-have-pelves-too/

"Pelvic Floor Disorder are in no way limited to women. They are just as prevalent in men, and worsening (in both populations). Sure, the names of the issues are different — many of them using the word “prostate” instead of “vulva” but the biomechanics/mechanisms of these ailments are the same. In women, organs fall out. In men, they fall down. And rest on the prostate. Something, I’d imagine, about as comfortable and feasible long-term as sleeping between your mattress and box spring.

While public attention might not focus on the male experience of this issue, you can rest assured that they are getting the same incomplete assessments and therapies (let’s strengthen up that pelvic floor with some Kegels!!) as the ladies."

https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/stop-doing-kegels-real-pelvic-floor-advice-for-women-and-men

" A Kegel attempts to strengthen the pelvic floor, but it really only continues to pull the sacrum inward promoting even more weakness, and more PF gripping. The muscles that balance out the anterior pull on the sacrum are the glutes. A lack of glutes (having no butt) is what makes this group so much more susceptible to pelvic floor disorder (PFD). Zero lumbar curvature (missing the little curve at the small of the back) is the most telling sign that the pelvic floor is beginning to weaken. An easier way to say this is: Weak glutes + too many Kegels = PFD."

" In doing my research on the physics of the pelvis, movement, and how the pelvic floor works, it became clear that while the pelvic floor’s problem was weakness, it was weakness that is the result of too much tension - not weakness that comes from flopping around. "

14 minutes ago, KuroShiro said:

I've found it:

https://nutritiousmovement.com/men-have-pelves-too/

"Pelvic Floor Disorder are in no way limited to women. They are just as prevalent in men, and worsening (in both populations). Sure, the names of the issues are different — many of them using the word “prostate” instead of “vulva” but the biomechanics/mechanisms of these ailments are the same. In women, organs fall out. In men, they fall down. And rest on the prostate. Something, I’d imagine, about as comfortable and feasible long-term as sleeping between your mattress and box spring.

While public attention might not focus on the male experience of this issue, you can rest assured that they are getting the same incomplete assessments and therapies (let’s strengthen up that pelvic floor with some Kegels!!) as the ladies."

https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/stop-doing-kegels-real-pelvic-floor-advice-for-women-and-men

" A Kegel attempts to strengthen the pelvic floor, but it really only continues to pull the sacrum inward promoting even more weakness, and more PF gripping. The muscles that balance out the anterior pull on the sacrum are the glutes. A lack of glutes (having no butt) is what makes this group so much more susceptible to pelvic floor disorder (PFD). Zero lumbar curvature (missing the little curve at the small of the back) is the most telling sign that the pelvic floor is beginning to weaken. An easier way to say this is: Weak glutes + too many Kegels = PFD."

" In doing my research on the physics of the pelvis, movement, and how the pelvic floor works, it became clear that while the pelvic floor’s problem was weakness, it was weakness that is the result of too much tension - not weakness that comes from flopping around. "

With Kegels it is important to relax the tension.

2 people thank this

On 2/12/2017 at 1:21 AM, Orgasmic19 said:

I was wondering how important is the perineum and what benefits for learning to isolate this muscle? Someone told me the perineum connects to all the meridians and chackras in the body.

Instead of isolation, think harmonization.  When the breath gets very long, the duration of breath able to be achieved becomes partially a function of the gung developed by that point in time.  Well harmonized gut motion engenders efficiency and thus more gung built, deeper depth reached, per session.  The central tendon or the perineum along with the superficial transverse perineal muscle are the main structures to be concerned with, and the levator ani is not focused on.

When timing this with the breath, one can consider that the huiyin is attached to a multi geared pulley, where the pull chain can go more quickly in pseudo-time with the diaphragm's movement, and the lift chain is geared so that its effective movement is slower - and in time with - the diaphragm and front of the abdomen.  This is just a mental trick for timing, because the perineum has a much shorter travel distance.

Reaching the maximal and minimal range and power band concurrently for all of these structures will help make the breath more energetically efficient.  As the breath approaches a minute, every last one of these efficiencies needs to be addressed in order to continue making progress. 

All of this muscle and breath training is the beginning stage of a solid yang line progressing to the broken yin line - once the muscle memory is well ingrained, once the airways disappear and the breath is moved only by gut motion - then the neural resonant mode transforms for the cranial nerves, and a stupendous amount of energy is available.  But you have to stop the 40 cycles/sec wiggling of the olfactory nerve for this to happen....and you dont stop that yang resonant mode without sufficient and regular enough practice.  Ohm's law also applies here in that this yang-mode neural resonance effectively equates to resistance in the equation.  The more profound the yin, the more potent the arising spark of yang from it.

5 people thank this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0