redcairo

Go to 'my' last post on a given thread?

I am involved in some threads that are ridiculously wonderously very active. When I visit, it takes quite some time to go back through pages, trying to figure out where I left off. Since I usually open 'quote' in tabs and post before leaving, it would be great if I could just go to MY last post on a given thread. From there it would all be new to me.

Is there any way to do this?

Many thanks

RC

I am involved in some threads that are ridiculously wonderously very active. When I visit, it takes quite some time to go back through pages, trying to figure out where I left off. Since I usually open 'quote' in tabs and post before leaving, it would be great if I could just go to MY last post on a given thread. From there it would all be new to me.

Many thanks

RC

Might have to test a little bit but I thought you would go back to the last 'unread' post... which should be the one after your last post.

Curious for others to comment on their experience.

Many thanks

RC

As a person who seriously posts, serious posts here on the Dao Bums, I started a long time ago to use a word processor for keeping track of posts and replies, this allows me to keep track of everything and while it requires some extra effort, it has allowed me to accumulate a large amount of written material and resources.  I also don't have to worry about losing all of the work and effort that I have put into the Dao Bums over the years if, heaven forfend, it should ever go offline permanently.

I use OpenOffice for this purpose because it is free and a very powerful productivity suite.  You can check it out here:

OpenOffice Home

If you are not familiar with it already.

As a starting point, to address your immediate issue you might want to start a Dao Bums Diary and store in it the URL of your posts which can be found at the top of the post window by the number of the post in the thread.  By clicking on this, the URL will come up and can be copied and pasted anywhere you would like it in cyberspace, including your Dao Bums Diary where, if you are using Open Writer it be stored safely as an active link that you can click on, and go right back to that post on the Dao Bums.

Kinda cute huh?

• Like 2

Many thanks

RC

If you click View New Content, there will be either a bold star (topics you have posted in) or bold dot (topics you have read, but not posted in) on the left. Click that and it will take you to the last unread post within the topic.

Or, you can go straight to the sub-forum of your choice, the stars and dot will be there too.

• Like 1

You might also try using the advanced search feature. You can filter on author and by date range, and you can display the list by individual posts rather than threads.

• Like 1

Try this, click your name or avatar to go to your profile.  Under Overview, at the bottom is [Posts], click it, it should show your last couple of posts and allow you to go directly to them.