Sign in to follow this  
Capable

Hi

Hello, I am an acquaintance of Marblehead and asked to join this forum. I have been studying Taoism and Buddhism casually for many years, and I have meditated quite a bit. Tao Te Ching was an eye-opener for me and ultimately helped lead me to philosophy many years ago.

I look forward to good conversation and hopefully learning a thing or two here.

• Like 2

Hello Capable, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Capable,

I'm glad you made it over.  Two different Taoist studies going on right now, one of the Tao Te Ching and another of Victor Mair's translation of the Chuang Tzu.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Welcome.

It pays to have a sense of humor and a lot of tolerance if you hang here much.

By and large a fine source of belly laughs.

• Like 3

just messing about, but how do we know no baisness was involved in your approving of this member since they are your acquaintance?

I'm allowed biases.  Just ask Admin and the Mods.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this