Sign in to follow this  
Spotless

Losing what I type

Thanks for the responses - if anyone comes up with a fix for this on an iPad please drop me a personal line.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses - if anyone comes up with a fix for this on an iPad please drop me a personal line.

What browser are you using? Have you tried something other than default, maybe chrome?

I don't have an ipad, and googling didn't get me anywhere, but testing out a couple new browsers available on ipad might help you.

I am familiar with what Spotless is describing but I currently don't use any Apple products so I can't speak to a solution for him.

Occasionally I find myself in a situation in which I have composed a post but when I click the "Post" button, I error out.  For me, this is usually because I am working on a mobile device in an location with poor cell signal and I timeout but I have also had it happen when the server experiences technical difficulties while I am composing my post and I get a SQL error.  In those cases, I am almost always able to click the "Back" button (or equivalent) and return to the screen I was just on, complete with the text of my message still in the Post box.

I haven't investigated but I suspect this is browser caching (and I've seen it on IE, Edge, Firefox and Chrome/Android).  It doesn't work every time but usually does.  (It doesn't work often enough, however, that I generally compose lengthy posts in Notepad and then paste them in when I'm using a real computer (as opposed to a smartphone...))

• Like 1

I know this is not really a great solution... but I recall someone who I think was frustrated with these kinds of issues and then would type anything lengthy in a Word document first, then copy and paste to a post.

I'm not trying to make excuses for how folks experience some behaviors of the TDB software but I am more inclined to say this is a local computer/ipad issue.

But I think there should not be any reason for folks to continue to share their experiences, troubles and questions.   So I'm glad this is brought up so others can know and share.

Edit:   I split this to its own topic as it is useful info to not get lost in the upgrade thread.

Sign in to follow this