sillybearhappyhoneyeater

Teachers who accept money vs. teachers who teach for free

10 hours ago, Wayfarer said:

[...]

It's a service at the end of the day.  People pay it or they don't.  It has nothing to do with what is being offered, or a supposed conflict of interest.

Yes, it's a service and there's a conflict of interest. It's the nature of business.

That's why there are supervisory authorities almost everywhere.

Assuming that your spiritual service is not "quantifiable" by any objective means, to request a payment as the sole pre-requisite to access the teachings doesn't make you a fraud, but surely it doesn't help if the student is trying to understand if you're genuine or not.

That's why Buddha's meditation instructions were supposed to be given for free to anyone who requested them.

10 minutes ago, Zetsu said:

It is hard to find a real teacher who would have both wisdom and power.

It is equally hard to find an open minded student who has sincerity.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, zerostao said:

It is equally hard to find an open minded student who has sincerity.

I am open minded and honest.  I also have critical thinking, which many "gurus" will not appreciate.

Edited by Zetsu

16 minutes ago, Zetsu said:

I am open minded and honest.  I also have critical thinking, which many "gurus" will not appreciate.

Like I said, it is damn hard to find a student who has an open mind and sincerity. I think the Taoist Yoga and/or mo pai schools would be happy to add another student such as yourself. my Wu tells me that you're a perfect fit for either of those. Best of luck to you as you progress along your journey.

8 minutes ago, zerostao said:

Like I said, it is damn hard to find a student who has an open mind and sincerity. I think the Taoist Yoga and/or mo pai schools would be happy to add another student such as yourself. my Wu tells me that you're a perfect fit for either of those. Best of luck to you as you progress along your journey.

Why you ask students to be open-minded, when you are closed minded yourself?

33 minutes ago, Zetsu said:

Why you ask students to be open-minded, when you are closed minded yourself?

I am not asking anyone anything. I don't need to. I am not looking for a student, and if I were, they would have to be open-minded and sincere. For me, those are the two indicators of success, and without those, it's just a waste of time and energy. I don't even care about money; I do care about time and energy (your's and mine). If you review your posts and mine, you're the one making assumptions, not me. Nothing wrong with critical thinking at all and why would a "guru" object to that? You're assuming that they would. You're new on the site, and I'm just  helping point you in a direction that you resonate with. That's all. We shared a little time and energy with each other. Again, best wishes to you with your search to find the right school for You. Ignore or explore my recommendations if you like, it doesn't really matter to me either way.

• Like 1