qicat

Go along with me: Daoist priest as a rain maker...

Let's say one went to a Daoist priest and asked for the rain.

It's been drought lately around here, so let's assume it was a valid request and a valid concern...

He said that one needs to go to the spirit of the water and ask it to come down.

He warned that things might take strange turn...

Rain did come.

But now it is too much rain, floods... and people are suffering...

How did they stopped the rain in old texts? 

If you were trained on rainmaking... how would you check if everything is ok ( i.e. no global flood on a horizon)?

purrrrrre theoretical question of course....

meow...

• Like 2

In general, everything is an exchange. To request something that creates an imbalance requires a sacrifice of some sort. So, theoretically, you'd have to do something to counterbalance the natural upset that the rain would cause, like an offering. 

• Like 3

In general, everything is an exchange. To request something that creates an imbalance requires a sacrifice of some sort. So, theoretically, you'd have to do something to counterbalance the natural upset that the rain would cause, like an offering. 

so.... if theoretical kidney(water) energy was offered... then to counter balance theoretical spleen ( earth) energy offering should ... control water energy?... 

Often in desperation we ask without thinking and so goes the saying "be careful what you ask for".

However - do not fear asking - but do utilize postulating your asking:

You could say to the Universe that you want a car - and you can be extremely particular in every regard.

Or

You could ask the Universe - "please help me to find a car easily and soon that I will like and that will run smoothly with no problems for a wonderfully long time all the way to when I decide to sell it"

Asking is a powerful force - it is best kept simple and let go - the more complicated the more it tends to draw flies.

• Like 4

Often in desperation we ask without thinking and so goes the saying "be careful what you ask for".

However - do not fear asking - but do utilize postulating your asking:

You could say to the Universe that you want a car - and you can be extremely particular in every regard.

Or

You could ask the Universe - "please help me to find a car easily and soon that I will like and that will run smoothly with no problems for a wonderfully long time all the way to when I decide to sell it"

Asking is a powerful force - it is best kept simple and let go - the more complicated the more it tends to draw flies.

mmm....

Spotless... you claim to be Awaken/Enlightened ( I read your threads).... yet here you sidetrack the conversation... yet every Enlightened theoretically should be able to call rain... any true Daoist shaman should be able to call rain... any priest of the true lineage should be able to call rain...

I am asking simple question on a particular topic of rain making. Not cars, not "wishes", nada... Share your wisdom on this...rain...water...flood..

So many quantum physics theoretical battles here, yet I am a simple girl with a plain request - "Rainmaking theory and practice 101". 

Edited by qicat

mmm....

Spotless... you claim to be Awaken/Enlightened ( I read your threads).... yet here you sidetrack the conversation... yet every Enlightened theoretically should be able to call rain... any true Daoist shaman should be able to call rain... any priest of the true lineage should be able to call rain...

I am asking simple question on a particular topic of rain making. Not cars, not "wishes", nada... Share your wisdom on this...rain...water...flood..

So many quantum physics theoretical battles here, yet I am a simple girl with a plain request - "Rainmaking theory and practice 101". 

As I am now, I think that it would be wiser to see why the drought existed to begin with. Strike the root and the tree will fall, no?

Much good can come from a drought.

Apologies, I do not know much about rain calling, I have only done so a few times. I learned many years ago to be careful with such forcing of nature. She has her reasons, best to nudge where nudging is accepted, not force her hand.

• Like 1

mmm....

It seemed your original post was more about asking - and now it seems to be side tracked by your self identifications and concepts.

The answer to your last couple of sentences is - they think it - they know it.

Edited by Spotless

so.... if theoretical kidney(water) energy was offered... then to counter balance theoretical spleen ( earth) energy offering should ... control water energy?...

Well in permaculture (based upon far more ancient agrarian traditions like Feng Shui, etc), "the problem is the solution."

So, "too much drought & rain" also means "not enough reservoir capacity."

But, that's the problem. If you want a complete answer...you really have to question completely first.

Sure, rain would have been the quick "WEIRD" fix, but the priest would have also prescribed longer-term, holistic solutions like:

1) If you are living in a flood plain (like New Orleans)...move.

2) Increase the water permeability and retention of your land, wherever you're at. This helps to both ensure stored water for droughts and the ability to absorb extra water during heavy rains. In our bodies, this would be similar to the 8 Extraordinary Vessels.

Bian Que in his Nan Jing specified one of the most common characteristics of the eight vessels. He reported that the twelve organ-related Qi channels constitute rivers, and the eight extraordinary vessels constitute reservoirs. The reservoirs, especially the Conception and Governing Vessels, absorb excess Qi from the main channels, and then return it when they are deficient.

3) So if you had good reservoir capacity - all the extra rain would be a blessing, not a "curse." The subjective "problem" then was not the rain, but your barren land. And perhaps the priest should rather have been summoned to reforest and recountour the land, instead!
Edited by gendao
  • Like 3

As I am now, I think that it would be wiser to see why the drought existed to begin with. Strike the root and the tree will fall, no?

Uroboros:

I am not sure I have an answer to your question. Google does not say much: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=drought+in+california

Too many people? Too much agriculture? Global warming/cooling? Who knows...

Gendao:

Your reply is outstanding. I would like to clarify though that it was not a work done on me. Here is a short version of the story:

1. There had been drought in California ( known fact)

2. There had been a huge forest fire which firefighters could not stop and fire got dangerously close to town... 

3. Qicat thought, "What could stop the fire?" Brilliant answer, "Water!" ( my teacher would be proud I remember something out of 5 elements theory :) ).

4. Qicat went to "talk" ( see post above)

5. Qicat never saw him doing anything or participated in anything.

6. Two days later rain came and the fire was gone.

7. Few weeks later there was a strange coincidence of a random TV news at the gas station saying in my ear that there are flash flood warnings in that area... Qicat thought... "weird...but whatever..."

8.  Few month later, the road was closed due to mudslide... Too much rain ( infrastructure is not suitable for proper drainage)... so qicat is wondering if it's time to visit the priest again and ask some questions...

Now, as you see, the intent was to stop the fire from destroying the forest. I am simply a "concerned citizen". If this worked thousand years ago, why can't it work now? And it seems it's actually working... 

p.s. But I think you might be right in part of a personal practice ( i.e. inner universe, outer universe), if it really works, if I fix whatever is inside, outside theoretically will be fixed ( So, "too much drought & rain" also means "not enough reservoir capacity.") Will keep you posted:) 

Edited by qicat
  • Like 1

Uroboros:

I am not sure I have an answer to your question. Google does not say much: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=drought+in+california

Stine, who has spent decades studying tree stumps in Mono Lake, Tenaya Lake, the Walker River and other parts of the Sierra Nevada, said that the past century has been among the wettest of the last 7,000 years.

The longest droughts of the 20th century, what Californians think of as severe, occurred from 1987 to 1992 and from 1928 to 1934. Both, Stine said, are minor compared to the ancient droughts of 850 to 1090 and 1140 to 1320.

Bill Patzert, a research scientist and oceanographer at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, says that the West is in a 20-year drought that began in 2000. He cites the fact that a phenomenon known as a “negative Pacific decadal oscillation” is underway — and that historically has been linked to extreme high-pressure ridges that block storms.

As the West Coast has had some much longer droughts naturally before...it just comes with the territory (like snow in Alaska).  So, the best thing that residents can do there is to prepare and adapt for them.

Gendao:

Your reply is outstanding. I would like to clarify though that it was not a work done on me. Here is a short version of the story:

2. There had been a huge forest fire which firefighters could not stop and fire got dangerously close to town... 

3. Qicat thought, "What could stop the fire?" Brilliant answer, "Water!" ( my teacher would be proud I remember something out of 5 elements theory :) ).

7. Few weeks later there was a strange coincidence of a random TV news at the gas station saying in my ear that there are flash flood warnings in that area... Qicat thought... "weird...but whatever..."

8.  Few month later, the road was closed due to mudslide... Too much rain ( infrastructure is not suitable for proper drainage)... so qicat is wondering if it's time to visit the priest again and ask some questions...

Now, as you see, the intent was to stop the fire from destroying the forest. I am simply a "concerned citizen". If this worked thousand years ago, why can't it work now? And it seems it's actually working... 

p.s. But I think you might be right in part of a personal practice ( i.e. inner universe, outer universe), if it really works, if I fix whatever is inside, outside theoretically will be fixed ( So, "too much drought & rain" also means "not enough reservoir capacity.") Will keep you posted:) 

2.  Meanwhile, frequent wildfires are NOT natural - and most are caused by humans...

Unlike remote parts of the world where natural events like lightning strikes are prime sources of wildfires, in southern California, such fires are almost always started by people. Ninety-five percent have a human cause, according to Cal Fire, the state's firefighting agency.

7. & 8.  Again, Americans code infrastructure to route all rainwater away from their habitats and straight down into the ocean.  Which is EXTREMELY WEIRD.  In permaculture, you aim for the EXACT OPPOSITE - to capture and retain all water that falls on your property.  Now, if WEIRD Americans had done this - then there would have been no flash floods or mudslides (unless they were just in a flood plain).  Instead, groundwater and reservoirs would have been recharged from the extra rains.

PS - Great idea!  Please do. B)

• Like 1

Yeah, I once asked a Witch to do a rain dance for me as my area was in drought condition.  She did.  I got a hurricane.  I have never asked her again.

• Like 2

Uroboros:

Gendao:

Hey Qicat,

I see where you are trying to get to. There are a few problems to that ending.

First is that, as you observed, man introduces a "force" into nature on a subtle level which adjusts flow to manifest an altered expression (drought-rain).  How much force was need to alter drought- rain? What happens when that change alters the other various multitude of "forces" at play?

Rain adjusts wind, wind adjusts temperature, adjusts earth/ ecology, etc. Well, lets say this cascade of changes takes affect, what happens when it reaches a breaking point?

Flood. Mudslide. Then a sudden backlash leading into a larger wild fire. Why? Because the original alteration required a sizable force and that force will create more forces of equal power at different vectors. 

Now, you want to understand how to be more precise. Less nuke more precision warhead. Reasonable.

Can you grasp all the vectors/ forces at play and understand how to adjust gently, with very little interference? Are you able to read the paths of the land and the heavens, thereby bringing harmony without interference?

I sure as hell cant! haha.

What I am trying to get to, is that the answer you seek is not easy nor simple. Study Feng Shui and you may learn to read and see the forces/ vectors. Maybe QiGong/ Meditation will do it. I cannot say.

Just posing more questions and points for thought.

• Like 2

Less nuke more precision warhead. Reasonable.

exactly:) "Why use atomic bombs to get rid of ants?" is my favorite saying...

• Like 1

Could be covert weather modification going on. They cause long droughts, force family farmers to sell for little, generational farms, that they'd never otherwise give up, some farmers will kill themselves over this. Corporation/ Gov then control food supply, control food supply = greater control of the population, then they can push GMO crops etc without as much obstruction. :P

You may be interested in Wilhelm Reich's work, he was having success with positive orgone, terraforming deserts, bringing back rains. In doing this he encountered what he called Ea, I recall. They were unseen originally, they were hostile alien/spiritual forces that didn't like the transformation, perhaps they prefer a "deadly orgone"/ negative chi? environment.

Positive orgone/ chi? was able to dissolve these unpleasant creatures apparently.

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 2

No, humans cannot make it rain, stop the rain, or produce real rainbows in the sky. But we can do things that protect ourselves from the rain and get it to work for our agriculture and overall economy. And it's clearer than ever that Californians have simply failed to do those things as the Oroville Dam crisis continues to force massive evacuations and raises fears of a potential disaster.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/13/californias-oroville-dam-disaster-is-a-wake-up-call-commentary.html

/*************/

Well, if news are saying no human can do it... topic is closed:)

Edited by qicat