instead of human will carrying out the bidding of ego, human will can carry out (I'd add follow) the ways of Spirit...thus will is not dropped per-se but can used for  a greater purposes than only basic survival or self-centered ends.  This is very simple.  All human beings have an 'x' amount of will-force (so to speak) to exist as a human being, if our will is used in destructive ways and or weakened then that form of  existence will be shortened, so we don't just drop our will-force which is a basic part of life, what needs to drop is what harms the will-force/life-force so that our part, place and design in creation is fulfilled.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

Neti Neti,

I was wondering if your view is the same as 3bob and Bindi on this point about forcing/aligning will?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff no one said anything about "forcing" will egotistically...if  that is your take?  Our whole off the op topic tangent could or should be moved.   (where further tallies might be more kosher, lol)

Edited by 3bob

11 minutes ago, 3bob said:

Jeff no one said anything about "forcing" will egotistically...if  that is your take?  Our whole off the op topic tangent could or should be moved.   (where further tallies might be more kosher, lol)

By forcing, I simply meant the active engaging of will to do something that the person would possibly normally avoid or not do.  Is that not what you and bindi have meant?

14 hours ago, Bindi said:

I suspect a lot of effort is actually required to get through the narrow door, but on the plus side there are other doors available that are wider and much easier to get through. 

The wide and easy doors do not take you to the same place that the narrow and difficult door does!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

Neti Neti,

I was wondering if your view is the same as 3bob and Bindi on this point about forcing/aligning will?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hey Jeff. I can't imagine a preference, what manifests is as it is. Will is non-different from consciousness.

I might've felt a need to experience some or other, sometime somewhere. Maybe.

• Like 2

The wide and easy doors do not take you to the same place that the narrow and difficult door does!

The wide and easy doors take you to the obese person's toilets, I don't know where the narrow door leads to.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

The wide and easy doors take you to the obese person's toilets, I don't know where the narrow door leads to.

To Ajna of course (we are in the Hindu forum after all) :) 

To Ajna, of course, I'll take your word for it, never heard of it before.  I don't know what noumenon means either.   Sounds like the name of some Roman deity.

But, but, but ... isn't this all about something that Jesus said?  He wasn't Hindu, he was Taoist  ;)

Edited by Starjumper

Yes, but when in the Hindu Forum do as the Hindu's do. I don't know what noumenon means either so I didn't have much to say about that. 

3 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Yes, but when in the Hindu Forum do as the Hindu's do.

OK.  Praise Ajna!  Rama dama ding dong, pay here!

4 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

But, but, but ... isn't this all about something that Jesus said?  He wasn't Hindu, he was Taoist  ;)

Well he might be the only immortal to have a verifiable biography.

15 hours ago, Bindi said:

I don't know what noumenon means either

So it's a contest, huh?  Well I never spoke the word phenomena before and I intend to keep it that way, and right there is the first time I ever wrote it, and hopefully the last time too.

15 hours ago, Bindi said:

Well he might be the only immortal to have a verifiable biography.

I've read that some say it can't be verified.  How about Li Ching Yuen and Babaji Nagaraj?

Edited by Starjumper

mind can verify one thing, its inherent  doubt about that which it does not have the power to verify.

• Like 1

On 29/06/2018 at 9:00 PM, 3bob said:

instead of human will carrying out the bidding of ego, human will can carry out (I'd add follow) the ways of Spirit...thus will is not dropped per-se but can used for  a greater purposes than only basic survival or self-centered ends.  This is very simple.  All human beings have an 'x' amount of will-force (so to speak) to exist as a human being, if our will is used in destructive ways and or weakened then that form of  existence will be shortened, so we don't just drop our will-force which is a basic part of life, what needs to drop is what harms the will-force/life-force so that our part, place and design in creation is fulfilled.

I came across this quote, I think it's relevant to your point -

"The only object of the ego of man, the seat of the ‘I,’ is to realise its identity with god. It is in this school of the world to learn this one lesson: to forget it’s limitations and actively to realise its oneness with all.” – Sri Dada

• Thanks 1