Sign in to follow this  
Orgasmic19

Feeling Energy in the lower tan tien ?

Hey, guys I have been doing Mantak Chia's method of opening the lower tan tien by placing a finger below the belly button and concentrating on the feeling.

I can also feel this feeling by doing deep breathing, rapid fire breathing and reverse deep breathing.

The best way to describe this is by calling it a deep feeling in the lower tan tien.

I can't seem to move this feeling or energy. Any help would be helpful?

Dont force this kind of stuff, dont attempt to move the energy by will alone and make sure you really relax while doing breathwork.

If you are getting results, observe them and carry on. I'm no expert at all, but i've gathered that patience and relaxation are key. You can always relax more and rush along less :)

Chias exercises have a reputation for seeming easy and quick, but i've seen quite a few reports from people who seem to have overexerted or forced certain steps and had bad experiences or injury.

Things will develop as you persevere, the great principle seems to be that motion and change come about from stillness. Go easy and aim for the long run (pace and save enegy).

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 3

Hey, guys I have been doing Mantak Chia's method of opening the lower tan tien by placing a finger below the belly button and concentrating on the feeling.

I can also feel this feeling by doing deep breathing, rapid fire breathing and reverse deep breathing.

The best way to describe this is by calling it a deep feeling in the lower tan tien.

I can't seem to move this feeling or energy. Any help would be helpful?

Some here are already regarding you as a future patient for their healing work.

• Like 6

As others have said, be careful with Chia, some of his techniques are stupid and dangerous. When you meditate on the dantien your basically pouring water into a cauldron until it overflows into the rest of the body on its own. You don't need to force the movement of chi into the other areas of the body with this technique...the overflow takes care of that.

As you continue to grow in sensitivity you will feel chi everywhere in the body. This takes years of daily practice. I would advise you not to chase after sensations. 

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 9

@OldWolf

So, basically you are saying the chi I am experiencing in the lower tan tien will move on its own through the microcosmic orbi in time. Is this correct?

So I really don't have to do anything, but meditate and chi will take its course.

Edited by Orgasmic19
  • Like 3

@OldWolf

So, basically you are saying the chi I am experiencing in the lower tan tien will move on its own through the microcosmic orbi in time. Is this correct?

So I really don't have to do anything, but meditate and chi will take its course.

If you are purely working with the LDT, then yes this is correct. 

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 2

Daoist practices surrounding Dan methods are based on several important principles:

- "stabilizing the mind"

- "adjusting the fire"

- "void and emptiness"

- "returning to the root"

There are many other principles of course, but these strike me as exceptionally important.

When you meditate on the lower Dantian, the first thing you have to understand is how to make the mind stable.  this generally constitutes directing the attention to the area and then relaxing as you allow the intention and breath to mix together in the consciousness.   This process needs to be controlled so that you neither get tired and fall asleep, or become excited and enervated, so controlling the level of intention and remaining calm is a big deal.   It is also important to allow the mind to become vast and open rather than overly directed and stiff, this is the genuine prerequisite for turning yin energy into wuji and wuji into yang energy.  It is the lock of the door of the "mystery gate," and shouldn't be overlooked.

Returning to the root is returning to being natural and is the result of this type of practice.

It doesn't really matter if you put the finger on your dantian or not, you should put more attention on learning to make your intention natural and then the Qi will build on its own.

Feeling warmth, a rumbling sensation, or a sensation of well being are all symptomatic with this type of practice, but you shouldn't feel pain, discomfort, or excess of emotions.

I hope this helps you a bit and of course if you need to ask more questions, I think many of the people on this board should be able to direct you toward good practice and away from negative ones  :)

• Like 5

Yeah careful with Chia...his chi has an a

Putting your finger on the belly sounds like a basic visappana technique for people with little concentration. No wonder as I see lots of old very people in his seminars videos. If you're going to build an LDT all the way I think you will have too much energy on the skin/outside, which will need to be transported by the body into its place. Just put your mind where the LDT is.

If you think you lack concentration this technique will train your grip fast: get a candle, or print a small enough so your eyes dont wander plain black no pattern dot on a paper using paint or powerpoint and at eye level about 1-2m away pour yourself into the target for 10minutes or more a day. Blink when needed and do so consciously and mindfully, no other movements and breathing automated. 

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this