Sign in to follow this  
s1va

Unable to attach any images

I am unable to attach any images.  When I click on My Images or attachments there is nothing.

When I go to the profile and try to add any image, it just shows there are no attachments.  There is no option to add any attachment.

If some one can describe, how to add an image, either to my signature, or embed it in a post, I would really appreciate it.  The image is not in an URL.  The image is locally saved.

I am unable to attach any images.  When I click on My Images or attachments there is nothing.

When I go to the profile and try to add any image, it just shows there are no attachments.  There is no option to add any attachment.

If some one can describe, how to add an image, either to my signature, or embed it in a post, I would really appreciate it.  The image is not in an URL.  The image is locally saved.

I think "my images" are images already uploaded to the site by the member.

To attach an image, go to 'more reply options' and then at lower left is 'attach files'... there is an overall limit to what a person can upload.  You manage the images in your profile.

• Like 3

I think "my images" are images already uploaded to the site by the member.

To attach an image, go to 'more reply options' and then at lower left is 'attach files'... there is an overall limit to what a person can upload.  You manage the images in your profile.

You say images already uploaded to the site by the member.  I don't know where this place is.   Where to upload initially, so that I can attach later?

You say images already uploaded to the site by the member.  I don't know where this place is.   Where to upload initially, so that I can attach later?

When you compose a new post, you probably (unless you are using a mobile device) see a button next to the "Post" which offers to show you more options. Click it.

;)

• Like 1

Thank you.  :) 

I had seen it before.  I imagined, it was attachment for that particular post or reply.   I guess it gets added to "My Attachments" or images in my profile.

It would be nice to have this "Add attachment" feature, on the Profile section itself where it shows my attachments.   Just to have attachments not related to posts.   That I can use them on my signature or posts.

I guess this works same way.   Sometimes I don't look deep around me, for the solid things that are out there.  Anyway, it is good to ask and get an answer.  I hope the post helps some other new comer.

• Like 1

When you upload an attachment, you have the option to insert it into the post you are composing by just clicking a little link next to it. AFTER that, if you want to attach a previously uploaded file into a different message, click the "My Media" button (next to the smiley-face) on the post's toolbar...

• Like 2

post-116338-0-61892100-1486135341_thumb.jpg

Hope you understand fully what you unleashed.   :lol: 

Edited to Add:  Still not the full size image, like the way I wanted.  I will figure it out.  Just lazy now.

Edited by Cauvery
  • Like 2

Large-format images display as thumbnails. Click the thumbnail in the post above and it will open full-size.

• Like 2

If I wanted to attach images and not thumbnails.  What is the format limitation for this or size limitation?

Please check this thread:  http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/43256-to-guru-or-not-to-guru/page-2

In the thread above, Bindi has inserted an image.  It was not thumbnail.  It is beautiful.   This was what I wanted to do.  Does any one know the format limitations to insert an image like that without thumbnail?

Edited by Cauvery

If I wanted to attach images and not thumbnails.  What is the format limitation for this or size limitation?

Please check this thread:  http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/43256-to-guru-or-not-to-guru/page-2

In the thread above, Bindi has inserted an image.  It was not thumbnail.  It is beautiful.   This was what I wanted to do.  Does any one know the format limitations to insert an image like that without thumbnail?

Click the image icon in the toolbar, and paste the image link.

Click the image icon in the toolbar, and paste the image link.

I don't have the image as URL link.  I have it stored in my computer.   

Do you mean after I have it in 'my images', I can insert the link from there?   Let me try.

I tried using the URL Link from "My Attachments" in my profile.  

This is the url link that I tried to use as image:  http://www.thedaobums.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=4809

The preview looks great.  When I tried to post the image, I get the following.

An Error Occurred 

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

I see others using images like this all the time.  Is this a bug that is not letting me use images in the community?    

Edited by Cauvery

Most of the images posted are from some website. You might want to upload your images to Google drive or Deviant Art before posting them to get a good rendering.

I tried using the URL Link from "My Attachments" in my profile.  

This is the url link that I tried to use as image:  http://www.thedaobums.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=4809

The preview looks great.  When I tried to post the image, I get the following.

An Error Occurred 

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

I see others using images like this all the time.  Is this a bug that is not letting me use images in the community?    

you have to use an image extension... like jpg, etc.

Edited:  These are the allowable extensions:   gif,jpeg,jpg,png

you have to use an image extension... like jpg, etc.

Edited:  These are the allowable extensions:   gif,jpeg,jpg,png

That url extension has a jpg attachment.  Here is what I found out.  I am able to insert images from external sites, as url link. 

I am unable to insert the image as url link from the TBD site, where they are in my attachments.  May be a permission issue?  Since they are in my profile, I can't insert them as link on a post....   I have to logged in to see the posts?   There has to be a way around this.

That url extension has a jpg attachment.  Here is what I found out.  I am able to insert images from external sites, as url link. 

I am unable to insert the image as url link from the TBD site, where they are in my attachments.  May be a permission issue?  Since they are in my profile, I can't insert them as link on a post....   I have to logged in to see the posts?   There has to be a way around this.

No, the filename you uploaded ends with ".jpg" but the link you attempted to use in the IMG code ends with ".php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=4809" See the difference?

If you really want to display an image you uploaded using an IMG code and want it full size, try this:

1. Start composing a post.
  2. Click the My Media button.
  3. Click the Attachments tab.
  4. Right-click the thumbnail you want to post and select "Copy" (this is assuming you are using a Windows platform...)  Note that this is not "Copy picture"!
  5. Click the "Finished" button.
  6. Click the Image button and paste in the URL you just copied.
  7. Delete to "_thumb" preceding the file extension.
  8. Click the OK" button.

NOTE: The "thumbnail" will now be the full-size picture UNLESS the picture is wider then maximum display size within a post.  If that's the case, the displayed picture will be a substantially larger thumbnail than what the system would ordinarily generate but will still be smaller than the original (which can still be accessed by clicking the image in the post).

I have used this when the default thumbnail is so scaled-down as to lose enough granularity such that the thumbnail is just a blob but otherwise it is a lot of trouble for not much gain.  Similarly, you could use a photo editing tool to adjust the pixel dimensions of the image to below the threshold which causes the image to be thumbnailed but I don't recall what that is (I found it once...)

post-54451-0-89956600-1446731563.jpg

post-54451-0-10357600-1402576150.jpg

post-54451-0-21777500-1387305553.jpg

Edited by Brian
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this