Sign in to follow this  
blackstar212

SQL server error

I keep getting a SQL server error which forbids me access to the forum. It has been happening on and off but this last one was about 24 hours long?

What is this and how can I or someone stop it?

• Like 1

All you can do is sit in front of your computer and weep.  (Well actually with some browsers like Chrome its as well to clear your cache because often even if the site is back up it just returns to the cache file).

• Like 3

All you can do is sit in front of your computer and weep.  (Well actually with some browsers like Chrome its as well to clear your cache because often even if the site is back up it just returns to the cache file).

All my browsers showed the same message. This problem goes back to basic programming skills.

• Like 1

There probably is more important things to complain about, right?

Most people didn't contribute (or pay) anything for TDB so what are they entitled to? So we could just keep calm and go doing some urgent housework. :)

• Like 4

One thing that I discovered during this enforced break from the Dao Bums was that I could set the Dao Bums tab to "auto refresh", so that I didn't have to keep coming back and checking all the time while online.  I use FireFox and this may be a feature of one of my "tab extenders", but others may want to check for this feature on their browsers as it make the whole business a little less annoying for me, because I simply went about other online activities and the color of the tab text changed when there was a refresh.

Been hearing this for years and the problem persists.

And have you also been following for years the discussion on the new software version and how it would change things on the Dao Bums like owner's permissions, personal practice discussions and other features and why this has made the owner and staff hesitant to upgrade?

All my browsers showed the same message. This problem goes back to basic programming skills.

Is this an offer to volunteer your basic programming skills to help with the problem?  If not, what is it?

• Like 5

There probably is more important things to complain about, right?

Most people didn't contribute (or pay) anything for TDB so what are they entitled to? So we could just keep calm and go doing some urgent housework. :)

Some pay and don't complain so I guess the universe is still in balance.
  • Like 4

I like Dao Bums to be up as much as anyone else but I also smile inwardly when this site is unavailable. It’s very appropriate that a Daoist site should come and go with a degree of randomness. The Dao is not a machine!  

It’s a pity though we couldn’t have a more appropriate image than the SQL error message. I’d like this one:

breathe.jpg

“Breathe” by Trunk
  • Like 8

Been hearing this for years and the problem persists.

I can appreciate the comment as I've been hearing it for years too :)

The issues are many fold...

but it started with testing IPS4 and finding that the permission sets we've been using for the past 10 years no longer work.   It affected the PPDs, staff permissions and the newer Owner's Permission.   I guess we had utilized the system to its fullest potential but no one else because I have yet to see others complain at IP.Board about this.   We had to point out to them two bugs in permissions.

Next, the problem is, they need to actually fix the problems before we can upgrade... unless we find a work-around.   I did find a middle ground but it meant losing some stuff and creating a completely new way to effect permission sets we use, with a lot of work.

Then we started testing a new server environment and php ... and now find other problems... and then we re-created it to make sure it was not us waking up on the wrong side of the bed... and we can re-create the problem.  So now we want to test it on an older version and upgrade, etc...   

When it rains, it pours.

We've been testing on and off for at least a year...  so I can't say how much longer you're going to have to hear about the 'so-called upgrade', but believe me, we've spend more time on this then we ever envisioned.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this