Sign in to follow this  
neimad

Hello

Hi,

It's been a long time since I was last on here.

I have done some traveling around SE Asia, I learnt all about Permaculture (awesome, awesome stuff.... www.permaculture.org) developed my abilities with meeting women, and other things.

I am now living in Chiang Mai, Thailand and working full time as a Science teacher for grades 1, 2 and 3 (kids aged 6-10 years old) at a bilingual school.

A tiring job and I have to put up with the bullshitness that is the education system, and over here it's even worse..... but it is more fun and rewarding than any other reptitive, menial full time job I have had.

I was practicing using HBI (Higher Balance Institute) methods for a while, but due to several reasons I have decided to take a complete break from that.... and pretty much all formalized methods of 'spirituality'.

I have been working really hard on my physical body, using RMAX's CST methods (www.rmaxinternational.com) and love it. I have 2 x 5lb clubs, 2 x 15lb clubs and a 28lb club (I got made here, they did an awesome job so I have just put in to get 2 x 20lb clubs and a 35lb club).

The results are coming along, slowly but surely.

I meditate erratically, but nothing much more than just sitting and observing my thoughts and the sounds around me. I don't try to do anything, hold anything or achieve anything..... quite nice to be so gently on myself.

I have a Thai girlfriend that I have been living with for several months now, and she has a 3 year old son. Tiring to come back after working at a school and deal with him.... but having him around is definitely helping me grow in other areas.... particularly just acceptance and loving kindness.

My girl and I have a good relationship and she is really cool and supportive of my dreams. We are looking to get some land out here soon and begin a permaculture style existence.

So yeah, thats my life of current in a nutshell.

Hello to all of you who remember me, and hello to those of you who are new and don't know me.

:)

Hi Neimad,

Sounds like you have been out there livin' the life. Sweet.

Nice to see the green monkey again :)

(I got made here, they did an awesome job so I have just put in to get 2 x 20lb clubs and a 35lb club).

Maybe you should do permaculture + online club sales ;-)

I'm just up the hill in Kunming. Unfortunately it's still expensive to fly Kunming-Thailand, but I have plans to head south next winter. Maybe catch up then... :)

neimad,

Have fun in Thailand.

I highly reccomend a Vippashana meditation center in Chom Tong, about 1-1.5 hour southwest of Chaing Mai.

JB

Thank you for the warm welcome back guys :)

I would never consider selling Clubbells without the specific permission of RMAX themselves, but it is quite substantially cheaper to get them made here (and in bulk I think could be even cheaper) so who knows what the future may bring if I manage to get myself certified (which is a plan for the future).

Permaculture is definitely something I want to be a part of my life... just gotta get the land first.

I am hanging to get to work in the garden, I have some great ideas for land and garden design.... big fish/duck pond and food/timber forests and a bamboo grove.

I would never consider selling Clubbells without the specific permission of RMAX themselves, but it is quite substantially cheaper to get them made here (and in bulk I think could be even cheaper)...

I doubt there's any legal reason not to sell them, as long as you don't use that name. Those things have been around hundreds (if not thousands) of years. I remember seeing a TV program where these Iranian wrestlers involved in some kind of ancient fire worship warrior cult were using them.

Permaculture is definitely something I want to be a part of my life... just gotta get the land first.

A bit tricky for a foreigner in Thailand, I seem to recall...

Yeah I'm sure I could sell them....

but I don't want to, because I am actively involved with following the training and I want to get certified and perhaps, in time, open a Thailand branch of CST.

So I don't want to make any troubles.

I have a girlfriend, and she can buy land... we are already discussing it and will start looking for plots soon.

Yeah I'm sure I could sell them....

but I don't want to, because I am actively involved with following the training and I want to get certified and perhaps, in time, open a Thailand branch of CST.

So I don't want to make any troubles.

I have a girlfriend, and she can buy land... we are already discussing it and will start looking for plots soon.

Fair enough - good luck with everything. You probably already know about the Thaivisa forum; there's quite a lot of discussion there about buying property, farming etc in Thailand (as well as visa issues).

I never knew that kind of environmentalism by the permaculture name. Trunk has been doing some good research into Mega productive tiny eco farms and planned communities in harmony. I wonder if he's seen that site? He's shown some amazing links in those regards.

Michael

Permaculture is awesome.

The way it is generally taught is through a 2 week intensive/full time live in course.

I can never look at peoples houses and gardens the same since, all I can see is potential anywhere I look.

The thing is I want my own place to play and experiment.....

It is simply a design system. A way of designing the land to become massively productive.... based on many concepts, the best one being:

Anything not linked to another part of the system will become waste and/or work.

The more closed the system is (i.e. more linkages between components) the more productive it will be and in counterpart the less work you have to do on it!!!

Lazy mans gardening :D

I strongly reccomend taking the Permaculture Design Certificiate (PDC) course to anyone interested. Doesn't matter where you live or how much land you have, even a regular front and back lawn can be made productive.

Sign in to follow this