Mantra68

Kunlun Europe

short paris review:

paris was awsome. i spontaniously drove there. even i had just attended cologne it was nice to do it with another group and i got new inputs, too.

lots of the people opened up i paris and so we all really had fun. somebody was speaking in tongues, lots of laughter, bouncing and so on. it was interesting to see the beauty of every country being a bit different in the practice. i felt people were very warm hearted and soft who attended the seminar in france.

i am looking forward to go to seminar in the USA in the future, too. so i will look forward to meet some of you guys again.

max repeats on every seminar several times that you are your own best teacher. he never tells people that they have to come back again (i went anyway ... not so many chances as in the usa to attend a seminar). he says one seminar is enough then you have to practice and experience on your own.

when people asked about a seminar doing level 2 he tells them level one is enough.

he was being very generous to people and to me so i am really, really happy that he came here. thanks to everyone who made it possible!

for me this already opened so many little gifts inside ... cool!

love jan.

Edited by jan1107

Jan,

Thanks for the review!! It'd be interesting to hear if any distinctive personality traits came into view in the recent nations you've seen.

Your pal,

Yoda

Hey Jan,

Oh, so you were the German guy who drove over. Well nice to have met then.

Just to make the Americans jealous, it was a cool PAris location right close to a huge castle complete with drawbridge (Chateau de Vincennes) Class was 80% women. I flirted heavily each break.

I had a list of questions that I asked Max and Chris personally--but I already have a new list since then.

I'm pretty impressed with my progress those days, and time will tell if the practice will prove as fruitful as we think.

Anyway, thanks to Max and crew for bringing the teachings to us in France.

dp

short paris review:

paris was awsome. i spontaniously drove there. even i had just attended cologne it was nice to do it with another group and i got new inputs, too.

lots of the people opened up i paris and so we all really had fun. somebody was speaking in tongues, lots of laughter, bouncing and so on. it was interesting to see the beauty of every country being a bit different in the practice. i felt people were very warm hearted and soft who attended the seminar in france.

i am looking forward to go to seminar in the USA in the future, too. so i will look forward to meet some of you guys again.

max repeats on every seminar several times that you are your own best teacher. he never tells people that they have to come back again (i went anyway ... not so many chances as in the usa to attend a seminar). he says one seminar is enough then you have to practice and experience on your own.

when people asked about a seminar doing level 2 he tells them level one is enough.

he was being very generous to people and to me so i am really, really happy that he came here. thanks to everyone who made it possible!

for me this already opened so many little gifts inside ... cool!

love jan.

Edited by de_paradise

Hey Jan,

Oh, so you were the German guy who drove over. Well nice to have met then.

Just to make the Americans jealous, it was a cool PAris location right close to a huge castle complete with drawbridge (Chateau de Vincennes) Class was 80% women. I flirted heavily each break.

I had a list of questions that I asked Max and Chris personally--but I already have a new list since then.

I'm pretty impressed with my progress those days, and time will tell if the practice will prove as fruitful as we think.

Anyway, thanks to Max and crew for bringing the teachings to us in France.

dp

de paradiese .... you should not have told people. now the secret is revealed.

i hoped nobody would mention the many cute women ...

actually i am caught now: that was the real reason why i went to france :P ...

love jan.

Just to make the Americans jealous, it was a cool PAris location right close to a huge castle complete with drawbridge (Chateau de Vincennes) Class was 80% women.

Oh yeah? We had a Holiday Inn in New Jersey so there!!! :lol:

Was at the Paris workshop and have mixed feelings.

Was very skeptical at first and almost didn't go after seeing the "Lama Thunderbolt" video and the Hollywood-like website. (I spoke with some others there who were also turned off by the website!). <_<

Ended up going after being persuaded by a friend who'd already done a workshop elsewhere, and because I've done Qi Gong and was curious about this new practice and any similarities (if any) to Qi Gong.

About 60% of what Max said sounded true and relevant and/or echoed what other traditions say.

However, there were some things he said that seemed contradictory or even quite exaggerated or even completely untrue! I've studied under Tibetan and (later) Thai Buddhist masters, and have travelled extensively in Tibet/Nepal/India/Japan, and have done several retreats in Asia and in France, so I might have had a bit more knowledge/experience in that than some of the other people at the workshop. That is no doubt why I was a bit more critical.

It seemed almost as if he was trying to impress, which is not necessary with a room full of people who are open and listening, having paid and braved Parisian traffic to be there. Also, the Asian dress look made it seem like he was trying to pose as a master, whereas just being in normal occidental clothes would have made him seem much more sincere. He gave the impression almost of being insecure, which doesn't make sense since he is obviously intelligent and has obviously spent a great deal of time investigating different traditions and practices.

Perhaps it was due to him being in a different European country, with different cultural energy?

Maybe the energy in Paris is too analytical, "cartesien", and he did not feel completely calm ?

Anyway, it's too bad, because for me personally, these factors blocked, I believe, my experience of the Kunlun energy. More importantly, he had warned us against learning energy transmission practices from a teacher unwilling to tell you about his lineage, but then he never clearly explained his own! That was another important factor which made it very difficult for me to "let go". :unsure:

I think if I had had a bit more information, I would have felt more comfortable receiving a transmission from an unknown person like him. He never discussed his lineage explicitly in the beginning nor at the end! He would evoke "the old masters" and Tibet, Nepal and China, and sometimes sprinkle Buddhism in there as well, but it was not clear for anybody where his knowledge came from. Also, there was a lot of ambiguity with the use of the word "enlightenment", maybe it was the translation (?). But Kunlun seems to me a strictly physical and mental practice. There was no mention of compassion or unconditional love, for example, but maybe that is my Buddhist view?

Anyway, there was about half of the group (I think) which obviously experienced Kunlun energy, in softer and louder forms... Two people (very normal, ordinary looking) were very loud, speaking in strange unknown languages, falling off their chairs laughing, singing, shouting, etc...

Well, on the positive side, I have since then read many postings on this forum (good and bad) + his bio on the kunlun website and watched the small video on the Kunlun website in which he explains how he came to this practice and where it originated, and now I am a lot clearer on that. It's too bad he did not explain this at the Paris workshop! I spoke with other people there who felt as much "in the dark" as I.

Also, having witnessed other people's experience and having felt something subtle, slightly like what they describe, I do intend to try the practice at home and see what happens. It seems like a genuinely good practice - at least that is my feeling on the matter. :)

At the end of the day, it's what the people feel and see for themselves that matters. Dressing like an Asian guru and telling fanciful stories (about 220 year-old dragon ladies in caves and about meditation practicioners who stand for 3 weeks without eating or drinking) isn't necessary IMHO and just detracts from Max's image and message I think. (Well, at least in France where we analyze everything !) It would be interesting to hear what the crowd was like in Haute Savoie and their experience. :D

Edited by paris_dakini

Max and Kunlun are so completely outside the realm of expectation, that they can be quite an adjustment. My first seminar I was comfortable with Max but I didn't feel totally comfortable with the practice and didn't open up to it completely.

But a week or so later, I was much more comfortable with it.

Several months and another workshop later, I've befriended the practice more deeply but I can tell that this basic cycle of discomfort/comfort isn't going anywhere anytime soon!

If we ever get Max into a Kareoke bar, we'll have to get him to sing "My Way". :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

The stories are fun(or not)but the main benifit of the workshop is getting the transmission from Max.

At the NJ workshop Scotty who posts here wasn't crazy about Max's stories but had a powerful experience from the Kunlun transmission. For me, it's sort of like well the things Max says are pretty out of the ordinary but I experience so many interesting things from the practice. Hey, maybe I don't know everything.

But it's all good. Trust yourself. Things will work out however they are supposed to.

Cam

Yes, Im sure glad I had read the book, practised a month and read many of Mantra68's threads, and the Taobums discussion. This gave me the context and the basic FAQ's, so my little 7+-2 conscious mind processing could be devoted to listening to new content, rather than worrying about the transmission results or his dress. He was not teaching in a linear, module-like way, so I imagine the people who just stumbled into the seminar by chance would be hit with something quite beyond normal mental boundaries and expectations.

Was very skeptical at first and almost didn't go after seeing the "Lama Thunderbolt" video and the Hollywood-like website. (I spoke with some others there who were also turned off by the website). <_<

About 60% of what Max said sounded true and relevant and/or echoed what other traditions say.

However, there were some things he said that seemed contradictory or even quite exaggerated or even completely untrue! It seemed almost as if he was trying to impress, which is not necessary with a room full of people who are open and listening, having paid and braved Parisian traffic to be there. Also, the Asian dress look made it seem like he was trying to pose as a master, whereas just being in normal occidental clothes would have made him seem much more sincere. He gave the impression almost of being insecure, which doesn't make sense since he is obviously intelligent and has obviously spent a great deal of time investigating different traditions and practices.

Perhaps it was due to him being in a different European country, with different cultural energy?

Maybe the energy in Paris is too analytical, "cartesien", and he felt this?

Anyway, it's too bad, because for me personally, these factors blocked, I believe, my experience of the Kunlun energy. More importantly, he had warned us against learning energy transmission practices from a teacher unwilling to tell you about his lineage, but then he never clearly explained his ! That was another important factor which made it very difficult for me to "let go". :unsure:

I think if I had had a bit more information, I would have felt more comfortable receiving a transmission from an unknown person like him. He never discussed his lineage explicitly in the beginning nor at the end. He would talk about "old masters" and Tibet, Nepal and China, and sometimes sprinkling Buddhism in there as well, but it was not clear for anybody where his knowledge came from. Also, there was a lot of ambiguity with the word "enlightenement", maybe it was the translator (?). But it seems to me like a strictly physical and mental practice. There was no mention of compassion or unconditional love, for example, but maybe that is my Buddhist view? That said, there was about half of the group (I think) which obviously experienced Kunlun energy, in softer and louder forms... Two people (very normal, ordinary looking) were very loud, speaking in strange unknown languages, falling off their chairs laughing, singing, shouting, etc...

Well, on the positive side, I have since then read many postings on this forum (good and bad) + his bio on the kunlun website and watched the small video on the Kunlun website in which he explains how he came to this teaching and where it originated, and now I am a lot clearer on that. It's too bad he did not explain this at the Paris workshop. I spoke with other people there who felt as much "in the dark" as I.

Also, having witnessed other people's experience and having felt something subtle slightly like what they describe, I do intend to try the practice at home and see what happens. It seems like a genuinely good practice - at least that is my feeling on the matter. :)

At the end of the day, it's what the people feel and see for themselves that matters. Dressing like an Asian guru and telling fanciful stories about 220 year-old dragon ladies in caves and about meditation practicioners who stand for 3 weeks without eating or drinking just detracts from Max's image and message I think. (Well, at least in France where we analyze everything !) It would be interesting to hear what the crowd was like in Haute Savoie and their experience. :D

Hi!

I think it's very interesting that you write that your scepticism "blocked" the energy, because I had the same experience during the seminar in Oslo. I felt very confident in Max and the boys though, since I met them before the seminar and got the chance to "study" them and talk to them. And I felt that they were very open and sharing, and that was reassuring and comforting when people were crying, screaming and laughing on the floor around me. :lol:

I wasn't sure about signing up either, after seeing the videos on the website, but somehow I couldnit resist it. It was meant to be. My friend qinqong said I had to go as well, and he always wins so...RAW ;)

And even if nothing happened at the seminar, a lot has happened since. And it's simply because I had to stop analyzing and thinking. In fact knowing too much blocks the energy. I had to tell myself to trust that my body knows what it's doing, and forget everything else. At the same instant I felt a tremendous relief and the energy was released.

So, you just hang in there, I'm sure you will have a good kunlun-time this summer :)

Thanks for sharing!

Guest winpro07

it"s good to continue forward. Alot has happened, and will continue to

Scott is a good example: 80% sceptical on Saturday, 40% sceptical on Sunday, and now the kid is a junkie. :lol:

Was very skeptical at first and almost didn't go after seeing the "Lama Thunderbolt" video and the Hollywood-like website. (I spoke with some others there who were also turned off by the website). <_<
Or did the slick marketing also intrigue you enough to make you go? :D
Also, the Asian dress look made it seem like he was trying to pose as a master, whereas just being in normal occidental clothes would have made him seem much more sincere. He gave the impression almost of being insecure, which doesn't make sense since he is obviously intelligent and has obviously spent a great deal of time investigating different traditions and practices.
He has learned from a lot of Asian masters, so why not don their traditional garb? Sometimes that's a way to honor those traditions. I mean, an Asian CEO is often going to wear a Western business suit - is that insecure?

BTW, he doesn't always wear "Asian" dress - he often just wears T-shirts and cargo pants too. So, I wouldn't get hung up on it either way..

That said, there was about half of the group (I think) which obviously experienced Kunlun energy, in softer and louder forms... Two people (very normal, ordinary looking) were very loud, speaking in strange unknown languages, falling off their chairs laughing, singing, shouting, etc...
Interesting - because that seems to consistently be about the average % at each workshop - about half.
Dressing like an Asian guru and telling fanciful stories about 220 year-old dragon ladies in caves and about meditation practicioners who stand for 3 weeks without eating or drinking just detracts from Max's image and message I think. (Well, at least in France where we analyze everything !) It would be interesting to hear what the crowd was like in Haute Savoie and their experience. :D
But he is an "Asian" guru - rooted in a lot of Eastern Mystery School practices. Just because he's White in this life does not mean he couldn't have learned many of these "Asian" methods (in this life and others).

And some of us do really enjoy such "fanciful" stories and don't presume that they must be mere fancy! :P

Edited by vortex

In the workshops that I've been to, the vast majority get at least some motion going. In Phoenix there was only one person who didn't get any motion going and Max told her not to worry about it, that she got the full transmission and if she practiced, it would come to her.

At another time he said to do the technique later while watching Ren and Stimpy and the motion will come up then. (Maybe the Kunlun lineage masters are big R/S fans! :lol: )

At another time he said to do the technique later while watching Ren and Stimpy and the motion will come up then. (Maybe the Kunlun lineage masters are big R/S fans! :lol: )

I can see that working :lol:

Ren & Stimpy........now THAT is a v. good idea. :D

Indeed.

I will def try it.

I think at the end of the day, just a little more background info would have been cool.

Max himself said at the workshop that you need to be careful when getting energy transfers from dodgy teachers, otherwise in some cases it can really mess you up. :blink: So.......when dealing with a stranger, teacher or not, showing you a new energy practice, and doing energy transmission, I for one want to know who I'm dealing with, and how his/her knowledge was acquired, before rolling with it....

Anyway, thanks for the feedback Tao-bums.

peace

I practiced for almost 3 months before my first seminar, which increase my practice tenfold...another 3-4 months before the second, and the second was every bit as much of a jump as the first, and I can see that there's a loooot more to go. I was a little skeptical at first but decided to hit this whole thing with an open mind, and its done me a lot of good :)

hey Joe can you please give details on how it has helped you?

I have been practicing for a few weeks now--i can feel more energy in my body but no bliss yet like I do from doing twin hearts or Arhatic yoga

Guest winpro07

:lol:

I can see that working :lol:

Paris Dakini,

Just get the Ren and Stimpy transmission and you are all set.

Yoda

Greetings fellow Kunlun-ers!

Better late than never - we would like to share our experience at the Kunlun seminars in Sweden last month.

All in all, the days with Max, Chris and Damiano were better than our wildest expectations. It was quite an experience to be with these guys for a couple of days. The jaws were constantly aching from all the laughing B) !

It was quite funny to see how different people reacted during practice - some were violently shaking, others lying on the floor laughing and yet others were crying and sobbing. Since Swedes are usually somewhat reserved, the initial experience of Kunlun was not that powerful for some of them - although we believe everyone had a great experience!

During the second day when people had practiced in their homes, many people experienced even more powerful reactions. Max told us to expect this, since it is sometimes harder for people to open up among strangers.

During this second day Max also did some demonstrations of Scorpion palm and how to "shut down" a person by pressing certain points on the body which was quite fun to watch. Max's knowledge constantly amazed us during these days - we learned so many incredible things!

A big "Thank You!" goes out to Max, Chris and Damiano for taking the time to travel all the way to Sweden and Europe - make sure to get some rest when you're done with the tour! Hopefully you guys didn't suffer too much from the cold weather we had during your stay. These days Sweden have the warmest weather in entire Europe B) .

Our very best regards to all of you at the forum - take care!

Samten, Ngawang & Dorjee