Mantra68

Kunlun Europe

Michael (AugustLeo) in RI :)

Iesus Nazarenus Rex Iudaeorum :lol:

Edited by Pero

hi!

the seminar for cologne now seems to be very certain.

it will take place in a very nice place situated very central.

it will be on the 24th and the 25th of may.

on the 22th there will most likely be a free lecture in cologne.

on the 23th there will be a free lecture in bonn.

if you know people to have email lists for spiritual seminars maybe you can send the seminar info as soon as everything is settled.

the whole seminar is very certain to happen and the place is already booked.

sorry if i cannot answer any questions. i am too busy those days but as soon as there is more to know i am sure it will be posted right away by mantra or someone else involved.

love jan.

Edited by jan1107

and the seminar in oslo seems to go on the saturday the 10. and sunday the 11. of may, in the central part of oslo, and the free lecture on the 9. of may.

everything is ok for a nice week-end..

germany is fixed now, too.

yipieh!!!!!

you can already register online for germany.

see ya.

love jan.

Thanx Mantra. I have a question, yust registered for the seminar in Germany. Is it possible to order a 1on1 with Max in advance ?

So I'm trying to work out which city to go for - so far it seems Oslo has the most TaoBums interested. So - to our Norwegian pals - is there anywhere good (and cheap) to stay near the venue? How far is the airport? what's public transport like? what's cool to do around the city? what's your tastiest food!? :)

Where are all the Bums going? - the place in Swizerland/France sounds good (is it by the mountains?) Any other UK Bums considering travel?

So I'm trying to work out which city to go for - so far it seems Oslo has the most TaoBums interested. So - to our Norwegian pals - is there anywhere good (and cheap) to stay near the venue? How far is the airport? what's public transport like? what's cool to do around the city? what's your tastiest food!? :)

Where are all the Bums going? - the place in Swizerland/France sounds good (is it by the mountains?) Any other UK Bums considering travel?

Oslo is the second most expencive city in the world...just so you know. Only rich Germans and Japanese have their vacation here. Or crazy backpackers not knowing what they are doing. Some Germans pack their car with food lasting two weeks, just to be able to have their vacation in Norway. It is worth it though. Our mountains are fantastic.

Our best food is asian or indian :) Or you could try the national diet: Grandiosa. Which is pizza with nothing on it.

But there should be some possibilities of cheap hostels around the city. You might find something around 40-50 euro a night.

Check out

http://www.visitoslo.com/

There's some reasonable bb's around, so look for that as well.

h

Oslo is the second most expencive city in the world...just so you know. Only rich Germans and Japanese have their vacation here. Or crazy backpackers not knowing what they are doing. Some Germans pack their car with food lasting two weeks, just to be able to have their vacation in Norway. It is worth it though. Our mountains are fantastic.

Our best food is asian or indian :) Or you could try the national diet: Grandiosa. Which is pizza with nothing on it.

But there should be some possibilities of cheap hostels around the city. You might find something around 40-50 euro a night.

for visitors in oslo, theres a good idea to try out http://eng.haraldsheim.no/ and maybe its possible to make any good alternative for some few people, but my house is full this week with max and co. but i will check out if there someone who can help..

It's close to the mountains but probably not so close as you are implying. You have to take the car. I remember some nice skiing week-end close to Mont Blanc when I went to school in that area. France is relatively cheap - but keep in mind that it's close to Geneva/Switzerland! Definitely still cheaper than Oslo.

At least the best place of all the kunlun locations to get really good "flute" and "pain au chocolat". I would have chosen that location if the date had been different. :(

I did some checking...

La Muraz, (the French location) is an isolated little village with no hotels, 10km away from the nearest town, Annemasse with quite a few hotels, but no connenting bus service to La Muraz it seems. So the only way to get there is by taxi or car hire.

The option of staying in Annecy, which is really nice, 30km away and with cheap hotels, or Geneva. I've stayed in Annecy before at a really cheap and nice hotel not far from the train station, run by these ancient and kindly ladies: Hotel Savoyard Annecy ,41 av. de Cran

I havent signed up fo the seminar yet, but maybe we can organize a rental car and place to stay if someone is interested, otherwise I'll be packing my bicycle in the train.

Edited by de_paradise

So the French one is looking quite attractive... I like that it's in a small village rather than in a city - had a look at it on google maps,

looks pretty sweet. I also need the opportunity to practice my almost non-existent school-learned French! Problem is that I dont drive (I suspect that to US-based Bums that statement is as shocking as "I dont walk")

Was also thinking of camping out nearby. Anyone know of the legality of this? Also does anyone have any contact details for the hosts of the workshop?

I would probably fly to Geneva and get a cab down to the area from the airport... If anyone is driving down or organising accomodation or anything else please let us know here!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Yoda what does he mean by he doesn't drive? Like he is an evironmentalist and doesn't drive SUV's or he carpools?!

Yoda what does he mean by he doesn't drive? Like he is an evironmentalist and doesn't drive SUV's or he carpools?!

Edited by rain

I've never owned a car. I do drive, now, as we have a couple of work vehicles I can use.

But stuff is small in Europe. Like there's nowhere in Oxford I can't walk to in half an hour.

And our petrol costs about 4 times US gas, so it's usually cheaper to take public transport.

In freeform's case he lives in London, where a car is a positive liability.