Rocco

Smelling Cigarette Smoke!

For over a month now I suffer from smelling cigarette smoke, but there is no smoke!

First I experienced this smell during Zhan Zhuang training outside and I thouught that my neighbours were smoking and the smell disappeared after a while. But this impression came back freqenuently with higher intensity and this smell became even more intrusive (paired with a tinnitus now) after doing exercises to strenghen my pc muscle and leading energy my spine upwards.

There are many possible reasons for this, bus does anybody know if this could have been triggered by too much Chi energy stucking in my brain? And if so, how can I get rid of it?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Rocco

For over a month now I suffer from smelling cigarette smoke, but there is no smoke!

First I experienced this smell during Zhan Zhuang training outside and I thouught that my neighbours were smoking and the smell disappeared after a while. But this impression came back freqenuently with higher intensity and this smell became even more intrusive (paired with a tinnitus now) after doing exercises to strenghen my pc muscle and leading energy my spine upwards.

There are many possible reasons for this, bus does anybody know if this could have been triggered by too much Chi energy stucking in my brain? And if so, how can I get rid of it?

Thanks a lot!

I would encourage you to see your physician.
  • Like 3

Tightly followed by a visit to the local TCM practitioner, and probably practicing with less focus on power. This approach took care of a similar problem for a person I practiced with, years ago.

• Like 2

One of the first symptoms of cultivation i had was a stronger sense of smell, this is connected to the side channels IME. 

You may consider to do a bit of 9 Purification Breath. It's a Buddhist practice to help cleanse the energy body via using the nostrils. That may or may not help, just guessing. 

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 2

after doing exercises to strenghen my pc muscle and leading energy my spine upwards.

Physician+TCM

AND

Just don't do qi practices on your own without knowing exactly what you are doing and why.

• Like 1

Curious.  Here's two ideas off the top of my head:

Our brain is equipped with nicotinic receptors, which are ligand-gated ion channels that mediate a fast synaptic transmission of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.  (Our brains evolved with nicotine-containing plants and are consequently hardwired for it -- with demand suppressed or enhanced depending on social conditioning and a host of individual neuroendocrine peculiarities.)  Energy practices can activate processes in the brain that would otherwise remain dormant.  This may have happened to you.  Excluding more serious causes (for which you may want to follow the suggestions of others and see a doctor), try taking niacin, also known as vitamin B3, aka nicotinic acid.  Don't take it on an empty stomach and be prepared for the "niacin flush" -- it is harmless but it can freak you out if you don't know what you're dealing with. 

Idea number two...  Did you have smokers in your life in your childhood?  I'll share idea number two if you respond to this question first.   

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

Idea number two... Did you have smokers in your life in your childhood? I'll share idea number two if you respond to this question first.

If you smoked earlier and your training provides you with some ridding of toxins then may be it is your own pollution with smoke leaving you.

+1 on doctor visit.

I've never had more than a passing few seconds of smelling smoke, often around one of my long sinus infections.

Google keeps referring me to articles on phantosmia / olfactory hallucinations, it can happen from a wide range of causes where nasal infection is on one end of the spectrum and serious neurological stuff on the other, i dont want to freak you out so i suggest you dont do a search unless its to get a doctors number.

• Like 2