MooNiNite

reference to third eye opening because of truth?

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great [is] that darkness! No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Matthew 6:22 

Im thinking this passage is referring to having one's mind (eye that is single) on truth causes them to become full of light..

Of course it also seems like an esoteric reference to opening the actual third eye.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great [is] that darkness! No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Matthew 6:22 

Im thinking this passage is referring to having one's mind (eye that is single) on truth causes them to become full of light..

Of course it also seems like an esoteric reference to opening the actual third eye.

Any thoughts?

I encourage you to read this scripture in context; it is part of the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew chapters 5-7. In the passage, Jesus is giving instruction on how to live.

In the scriptures you have quoted, the eye is not the physical eye. It is referring to character or morals. Ever heard the old saying about the eyes reflecting the soul?

Edited by Kar3n
typo
  • Like 2

I encourage you to read this scripture in context; it is part of the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew chapters 5-7. In the passage, Jesus is giving instruction on how to live.

In the scriptures you have quoted, the eye is not the physical eye. It is referring to character or morals. Ever heard the old saying about the eyes reflecting the soul?

It would be a good investment of your time. Plenty of food for thought, and of course, you should be the one to chew it.

Best of luck

I followed the sermon of the mount for a few years and everything opened up naturally.

The rules were kindly explained with their deeper meaning by an author with a background in theosophy.

Here they are in all simplicity.

Do not anger (even in your thoughts)

Do not lust (hold emotional longing for anything)

Do not swear (set up rigid beliefs)

Do not resist evil (defend duality, block yourself from understanding one side)

Love

• Like 1

I think there is some good advice being offered here, but I wouldn't say it is one way or another. Scripture is powerful precisely because it holds more than one level of meaning all at once. You can learn a lot from it on a cultural, moral and esoteric level.

On the moral level it is absolutely talking about keeping your focus and not serving 'two masters'. I think it is safe to say the two masters are referring to the two parts of ourselves that are constantly warring against each other. One part, which is a more subtle and spiritualized part, yearns to fulfill our true will. The other part is the desires created by our instincts which come from our body and mind. I'm sure you've felt both of these before.

So serve your higher will, and don't serve the master of your lower desires and impulses.

Then on another level this scripture speaks to us on a more esoteric level. "Whoever has ears, let them hear." Meaning if you have the wisdom and knowledge of the deeper spiritual science, you will understand the teachings between his words. I have no doubt that he is also teaching about the 'crystal palace' in the brain, as the Taoists call it. It will literally light up at a certain point when your mind finally comes under your control, you become its master, instead of the other way around.

Hope this helps you dig deeper.

spiritmapper.com

Find and share sacred places around the world.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2017 at 9:26 AM, WayofChi said:

You can't handle the truth.

Hi WayofChi,

I expected a lot when I clicked on your post. But alas the video is only 3 seconds.

Lately I am very much attached to the 'truth' - something that I had fought for more than 5 years. I stayed very transparent per what I believe to be true against powerful people.

Power corrupts the 'truth'. But I stayed close to what I believe to be The  Divine.

Towards the end of last year, something (XYZ) happened with respect to what I was fighting for. XYZ cannot be denied as 'seeing is believing'. No more power play.

When XYZ happened, I uttered this in that very moment  - 'Thank God the truth has surfaced'.

I am a free thinker but I believe in The Divine. When I uttered thus I felt a very deep sense of peace. I shared XYZ with a deeply religiously friend and he told me - 'The Truth has set you free'.

There is truism in what my friend said. Why? For 5 years (before XYZ) my sleep was shallow. Now I sleep like a log.

I have the arduous task of following up on XYZ. But I am cheerful and clear-eyed.

- LimA

On 3/6/2017 at 3:10 PM, Phosphorose said:

I think there is some good advice being offered here, but I wouldn't say it is one way or another. Scripture is powerful precisely because it holds more than one level of meaning all at once. You can learn a lot from it on a cultural, moral and esoteric level.

On the moral level it is absolutely talking about keeping your focus and not serving 'two masters'. I think it is safe to say the two masters are referring to the two parts of ourselves that are constantly warring against each other. One part, which is a more subtle and spiritualized part, yearns to fulfill our true will. The other part is the desires created by our instincts which come from our body and mind. I'm sure you've felt both of these before.

So serve your higher will, and don't serve the master of your lower desires and impulses.

Then on another level this scripture speaks to us on a more esoteric level. "Whoever has ears, let them hear." Meaning if you have the wisdom and knowledge of the deeper spiritual science, you will understand the teachings between his words. I have no doubt that he is also teaching about the 'crystal palace' in the brain, as the Taoists call it. It will literally light up at a certain point when your mind finally comes under your control, you become its master, instead of the other way around.

Hope this helps you dig deeper.

spiritmapper.com

Find and share sacred places around the world.

Nicely put. 

On 1/26/2017 at 0:31 AM, hart said:

I followed the sermon of the mount for a few years and everything opened up naturally.

The rules were kindly explained with their deeper meaning by an author with a background in theosophy.

Here they are in all simplicity.

Do not anger (even in your thoughts)

Do not lust (hold emotional longing for anything)

Do not swear (set up rigid beliefs)

Do not resist evil (defend duality, block yourself from understanding one side)

Love

Do not resist evil  ?   :huh:

yet ....     do not swear  ?       That sounds like swatting a fucking fly while you allow a crocodile in the house . 

But then again ,   'they had a background in theosophy'    so  ....    I'm not expecting too much sense there .