lifeforce

Wang Ziping

I'm looking for some English resources on the Chinese Muslim master Wang Ziping. Especially the exercise system he developed for health and longevity.

Thanks.

There is this book.

I don't have it so I can't tell how precise is the description of the health exercises created by Wang Ziping. The book contains different sections about Muslim Kung-fu. One of them presents Wang Ziping health set.

It can also be bought on plumpub website (scroll down until you find the book) :here

Best

Hi lifeforce,

There is also a chapter on his "Twenty Exercises for Treating Diseases and Prolonging Life" in the book "The Chinese Way to a Long and Healthy Life"

His daughter, Wang Jurong, was also a kung fu master, who published the book: "Sword Imperatives: Mastering the Kung Fu and Tai Chi Sword"

Wang Jurong is now deceased. Her husband, Chengde Wu, is an acupuncturist in Houston, Texas. I believe that he is now in his late 80s. He was mentioned in one of Dr. Glenn Morris's books, which was how I first heard of these people.

Chengde Wu and Wang Jurong's daughter, Master Helen Wu, lives and teaches in the Toronto area. She added 4 movements to the original 20 and it is now called 24 Posture Therapeutic Qigong. It is broken into 3 sections of 8 movements for the upper, middle and lower body. This form is covered in her book and DVD. They have other daughters who are teachers also.

I've been practicing the 24 Postures for about 6 months now and love it! Some of the movements are like standard warm-up exercises, but there is something about the way that they are sequenced that really unlocks things for me and produces strong qi flow.

In addition to Master Wu's DVD, her student, Master George Picard has a DVD on the form. It includes a two hour bonus disk where each movement is broken down from an eastern and western medical perspective, by Picard and a doctor of physical therapy. I hope to go up to St. Catherines, Ontario for his workshop and certification eventually, as I would like to teach this method.

There is also a DVD on the 24 Postures by Picard's student, Sifu Michael Hronas, who lives in North Carolina. This one has good detailed instruction on each movement. He is also a Daoist and was a graduate of Dr. Jerry Johnson's medical qigong school. Hope this helps!

• Like 5

There is this book.

I don't have it so I can't tell how precise is the description of the health exercises created by Wang Ziping. The book contains different sections about Muslim Kung-fu. One of them presents Wang Ziping health set.

It can also be bought on plumpub website (scroll down until you find the book) :here

Best

Thanks, bubbles.

Hi lifeforce,

There is also a chapter on his "Twenty Exercises for Treating Diseases and Prolonging Life" in the book "The Chinese Way to a Long and Healthy Life"

His daughter, Wang Jurong, was also a kung fu master, who published the book: "Sword Imperatives: Mastering the Kung Fu and Tai Chi Sword"

Wang Jurong is now deceased. Her husband, Chengde Wu, is an acupuncturist in Houston, Texas. I believe that he is now in his late 80s. He was mentioned in one of Dr. Glenn Morris's books, which was how I first heard of these people.

Chengde Wu and Wang Jurong's daughter, Master Helen Wu, lives and teaches in the Toronto area. She added 4 movements to the original 20 and it is now called 24 Posture Therapeutic Qigong. It is broken into 3 sections of 8 movements for the upper, middle and lower body. This form is covered in her book and DVD. They have other daughters who are teachers also.

I've been practicing the 24 Postures for about 6 months now and love it! Some of the movements are like standard warm-up exercises, but there is something about the way that they are sequenced that really unlocks things for me and produces strong qi flow.

In addition to Master Wu's DVD, her student, Master George Picard has a DVD on the form. It includes a two hour bonus disk where each movement is broken down from an eastern and western medical perspective, by Picard and a doctor of physical therapy. I hope to go up to St. Catherines, Ontario for his workshop and certification eventually, as I would like to teach this method.

There is also a DVD on the 24 Postures by Picard's student, Sifu Michael Hronas, who lives in North Carolina. This one has good detailed instruction on each movement. He is also a Daoist and was a graduate of Dr. Jerry Johnson's medical qigong school. Hope this helps!

Excellent, thank you Dainin.