Sudhamma

Replenishing Yuanqi

I saw that you were typing and then stopped.

Is this person supposed to have the knowledge to replenish his yuanqi or even is supposed to have created the Elixir of Life?

And is he the source of the knowledge you claim to have about these things?

Because I investigated the uploaded photos of him on your website very carefully,

especially the last two photos in his gallery,

and I encourage the other thedaobums members to do the same,

especially those people who believed your claims!

Link:

http://www.laoziacademy.com/about/master-dong-yang/

It's not my website. I was a previous student of him, yes. But quite sometime ago.

Typing then stopped? Not sure what you are talking about

there is no evidence for it in taoist alchemy classics to support it.

I can appreciate this position... and I sometimes want more classical texts than those after 1200 when stuff was re-oriented as claiming right and wrong methods... on the other hand, I've done enough Medical Qigong study to see that there is a huge body of teaching on what is accumulated, year by year, by the body...  it seems accepted without daoist source proofing cuz some of it is just experienced as inner seeing, etc.

but there is an issue if there is no experience to back up a comment and no text either.   

• Like 2

It's not my duty to prove your claims,

it's yours.

And so far, no proof or evidence was given that people after birth receive yuanqi through some obscure continuous transmission from som obscure source until they are 17 years old! I call BS!

This is my general understanding of the process based on what I have read. The exact mechanism of this process I guess is a secret, no one will explain it in details in forum discussions. It's your choise to think that its a "bs" but in this case all methods of qi gong, qi itself are also a "bs", isn't it?

• Like 1

This is my general understanding of the process based on what I have read. The exact mechanism of this process I guess is a secret, no one will explain it in details in forum discussions. It's your choise to think that its a "bs" but in this case all methods of qi gong, qi itself are also a "bs", isn't it?

We should distinguish between facts and theoretical knowledge. Experience of qi will be a fact. Lots of practitioners will have this experience, so you can't really call it BS. As for how yuanqi behaves over the lifetime - I'd say very few people really know if at all? Because reference to the old textbooks might as well be just a theory, what matters is actual experience and practice.

• Like 2

We should distinguish between facts and theoretical knowledge. Experience of qi will be a fact. Lots of practitioners will have this experience, so you can't really call it BS. As for how yuanqi behaves over the lifetime - I'd say very few people really know if at all? Because reference to the old textbooks might as well be just a theory, what matters is actual experience and practice.

That's what I was trying to say - we can not ignore qi itself and a huge scope of I trainings such as qi gong, cultivation or alchemy. May be some systems are invalid due to absence of transmission line or other reasons, but the qi concept itself has a long years base and strong cultural and practical traditions. This is all from my point of view.

Rgrds, Ilya

For perspective, from Peter Shea's Alchemy of the Extraordinary (vessels):

Pre-Natal and Post-Natal Energetics

The concepts of "pre-natal" and "post-natal" are fundamental to the message of this book. The 8x circuitry is pre-natal by nature and life proceeds by the unfolding or conversion of pre-natal energy to post-natal energy. Our post-natal energies are also replenished through air and food. Where this is insufficient, we begin to draw from our pre-natal resources. When we have nourished ourselves sufficiently, we can bank some of the extra. The traditional image is that of the 8x as reservoirs that support the waterways of the Primary (post-natal) Meridians. This can also be seen as the pre-natal Jing-Essence being like a savings account, endowment, or inheritance and the post-natal qi is like a checking account. If we invest wisely, we may be able to live off the dividends or interest. When we overdraft or cannot live within our means we drain the resources. As the resources dry up, we age, when the resources are gone, we die. This book is not about looking at this pre-natal process as a closed system. Using that model as a default setting of life creates a "survival of the fittest" mentality and a scarcity of resources for those that can't or won't compete (interestingly enough, Darwin co-opted his phrase from economic theory). This book asks the question, "what is the untapped potential of the pre-natal energy body and how can it transform our post-natal experience?"

Post-Natal Qi - the Material World and the Acquired Mind

The above waterways and banking system models of qi represent a very material-based perspective, which is the perspective of the post-natal. The post-natal is the material world. If you believe that that is all there is, the above model is for you. If you believe that embodying the light of consciousness into and through the depths of the physical body hold the potential to transform the experience of the material world, then you may find the pre-natal models very helpful. Wu Ji and Tai Yi are pre-natal aspects of energy and yin and yang are post-natal aspects of energy. The material world is subject to the experience of physical separation and the inherent trauma that it brings. The material world is subject to the world of survival and all the over-reactions of predator and prey consciousness. The material world is subject to all the social contracts and behavioral conditioning of culture. In short, it is the ego, the acquired mind. It is not a bad thing. It is necessary for individuation, but it creates the perfect challenges to its own transcendence. That is part of our curriculum, our karma. This transcendence is the re-awakening of the awareness of the pre-natal energy body within the post-natal material body.

The post-natal is extremely important. It is how you live your life. There is no conflict within the material world. It's just that that is not all there is. In Chinese Medicine we talk about substantial and insubstantial. Matter and Vibration. Body and Spirit. Blood and Qi. Jing and Shen. Particle and Wave. Newtonian and Quantum. By becoming increasingly aware of the insubstantial in life we begin to be able to participate with the energy of the relationship between the two. We begin to be able to cultivate the empty space that brings in spiritual energy and the miraculous potential therein. As we do this with our 8x Vessels we also do this microcosmically at the cellular level and macrocosmically in our external energy body.

The post-natal model is more the medical model than the alchemical model and is only a portion of the story. This model, like most post-natal models of anything, is entirely materialistic and therefore self-limiting by nature, similar to Darwinism and Newtonian science. It is practical and applies common sense but it does not take into account the transformational power of the Shen - the Spirit. This may be valid in many approaches to medicine but at the 8x level, life is seen as Shen experiencing Jing. Spirituality, mind, or consciousness is fundamental to the 8x circuitry. I would go so far as to say that without this understanding we have no business accessing the 8x vessels. It is through the cultivation of the Shen-Spirit that we can access multi-dimensional energies. These energies operate through the pre-natal qi network.

---

Pre-Natal Qi - Spiritual Awareness and Original Nature

Traditionally, it has often been the understanding that the pre-natal cannot be affected much, especially for the better. It's the model of the candle. As it burns we age, and when the candle's gone, it's over. This is a very materialistic viewpoint, representative of a great plague of materialistic thinking that is threatening our planet. As with all materialistic thinking, it's a half-truth. It's the limited attitude of life being about how many breaths you take or heartbeats you have and then you die. The Spirit understands that life is about the moments that take your breath away or make your heart flutter with joy. Obviously, you inherit your parent's DNA and ancestry and the changes you can make to your body may be l imited to a certain degree. The far more interesting aspect is to what degree we can participate in the pre-natal unfolding into the post-natal and what does it look like?

When we work at the pre-natal level we are working with someone's spiritual curriculum and their Original Nature [xing?]. It is an exploration into the self and the meaning of life. As we shed light on our self we can take care of unfinished business, look at incomplete lessons, and maybe suffer less, fear less, love more, and have more energy available for the present moment. We also might find that we are capable of optimizing our gene expression in ways never before thought possible and using our energy on a quantum level.

Let us take a look at the things that impact our pre-natal, our Jing-Essence. We have mentioned radiation, xenobiotics, epidemic febrile diseases, vaccinations and the like that can penetrate to the Jing level. here we will look at all the ways our Jing gets consumed in life. We have the obvious ways of burning the candle such as overwork, over indulgence in sex, drugs, alcohol, long-term illness, malnutrition, childbirth, etc. There are also less obvious ways that the Jing gets affected over time. It is the natural process of imprinting our essence. this happens over and over again. Birth, bonding, walking, talking are some of the very core imprints that become lifetime settings in the pre-natal qi.

After these core imprints, essentially anything that impacts us enough to be recorded in our long-term memory and emotional memory taxes our Jing. This is the process of life, a process of learning. According to Chinese Medicine we have rhythms of when the windows into our Jing are more available. These are called the cycles of 7 & 8, or 10 or 12 in some traditions. These are life changes where we will be more greatly impacted at the pre-natal level. These are opportunities to change for the better at a deep level or to further crystallize the patterns we have set in place.

---

The Imprinting of the Jing to Create the

Consciousness Separation

A powerful method of the imprinting of Jing is through shock or trauma. It is a natural imprinting method for individuation. When we are born we still have our fontanelle open and our Shen-Spirit is connected to all that is. In order to view our self as separate we need to deeply contract our energy body to create a boundary between us and the unity of being. This is generally done through experiencing trauma or perceived trauma. It is said that at these junctures of imprinting separation that we develop limited perspectives on the world that are represented by the 5 Element types. So everyone is a product of some degree of traumatic separation and the deeper the degree of trauma and repetition of trauma, the deeper the "scarring" of the Jing. Shock separates the "Heart-Kidney Axis," our connection between Heaven and Earth. This shock allows the pre-natal qi to become accessed.

The point of this understanding is to help recognize that although we are born a certain way and suffer the shocks of being alive, we can learn to heal these impacts on the deepest levels. While this may not create more pre-natal qi per se, the degree that we can learn to optimize our pre-natal expression and connection between Heaven and Earth is wide open. Separation creates a valve on the expression of our self, of our pre-natal expression into the world, our creativity.  Often it is not a case of a lack of resources as it is the settings on the valve. Working with the 8x and the pre-natal is working directly on these settings. What the alchemical practices bring to the 8x, which is the perfect complement to the acupuncture medical models, is the inclusion of our energy body as it extends from our body, our auric egg. We will be exploring how auric egg awareness is related to our pre-natal awareness and the 8x vessels.

---

Multi-Dimensional Energy = No Shortage of Energy

the concept of the multi-dimensional energy of the pre-natal is similar to the modern scientific understanding of Dark Matter and Dark Energy. The 1st Law of Thermodynamics which states that matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed is true, but it is thinking in the material terms of 3 dimensions. It is making the assumption that the only energy available in the system is the energy and mass within 3 dimensions and there can never be any more or less. This "Law" may be true but thankfully we now know that we have been playing with only a fraction of the energy in the system. The 1st Law did not account for the potential energy of the invisible Dark Energy, which may be 90% of the energy of the universe. In humans, this multi-dimensional energy manifests through the awareness of the Shen, through the expansion of consciousness.

Through participating in the awareness of pre-natal energetics, we have the opportunity to interact with the untapped potential of this multi-dimensional energy. Through the re-discovery of the evolutionary processes embedded in the hydrostatic skeleton of the Jing Qi, the pre-natal water element of the Kidneys, we empower our self to be a receptacle for the spirit. This is how we begin to see where these ancient understandings developed from. Anthropologically speaking, the pre-historic periods from whence these traditions arose represent the pre-natal aspects of human social development. the goal of this book is to use the classical teachings of Chinese Medicine along with modern scientific insights to shed light on the direct experience of the numinous, the shamanic experience of the ancient Wu, as available as it ever was for those able to experience beyond the limitations of 4 dimensions.

Pre-Natal       |       Post-Natal

Jing-Essence         YingQi - Nutritive Qi

Yuan/Source/Original Qi          Wei Qi - Protective Qi

In Utero                        In Vivo

8x Vessels            Primary Channels

Original Nature           Acquired Mind

Evolutionary Energy         Inertia of conditioning

Curious Organs         Zang-fu Organs

Reproductive Energy        Digestive Energy

Hormones                       Blood

Brain                        Choice

Marrow                   Bodily Fluids

Bones                    Muscles

Temperament               Emotions

Ethnicity                     Society

DNA                     Proteins / ATP

Destiny                        Life Path

Ancestry                          Ego

---

The Mothership Connection -

Simultaneity of Pre-Natal and Post-Natal Awareness

As we have seen, pre-natal qi on one level is just that, the energy and dynamics that occur in utero. From post-natal consciousness, it is fixed and finite and cannot be changed, because it already happened. However, all spiritual traditions are working from the premise that some aspects may be fixed, but others can be changed, can be healed. The liberation of this pre-natal energy can fundamentally change the reality constructs that have consensually limited humankind. According to the Dao De Jing, once wonder and awe is lost, we enter into the realm of morality and social convention, "the husk of true faith." All spirituality points to a time, deep in the past and also deep in the Now, when we experience the direct wonder of life.

The potential offered to humanity by being able to consciously enter the wonder, the yang, the external, is untapped as a global collective. The price of sustainable entry however is being able to enter the mystery, the yin, the internal. Modern culture has been extremely patriarchal and lost connection to the yin, the internal, the feminine, the mystery. Once we lose this awe and this sense of mystery we enter post-natal levels of being that are real but offer no solution to suffering, personal crisis or global crisis. The pre-natal dynamics are a reconnection to the dynamics of being inside our mother. We all came here in a mother, a womb, indeed a Mothership.

Pre-natal awareness allows us to begin recreating some of those buoyant, aquatic, safe, nurtured and contained aspects of the womb. While in the womb our spirit is still connected to unity consciousness. Through working with the pre-natal qi we can reconnect our umbilicus directly to the source and claim our space between Heaven and Earth. The 8x vessels are templates to the structure and function of our auric egg, that most transpersonal aspect of our self. Our auric egg allows us spiritual space / boundaries, a womb with a view, where we can consciously hold space for spirit. Our aura is a seed, an egg, our epigenetic bubble, a cellular membrane in the collective of humanity and we are awakening to it. It is the coherence, the peace in our heart that allows the aura to come into definition, that allows the signal, the truth, to emerge from the noise, the information. The level of definition and integrity in our auric egg, representative of our character, is the flowering of our pre-natal body and is our vehicle, for participation in multi-dimensional space.

• Like 3

Wouldn't it be better then to say that there is a development and evolution of Original Yang until a certain age rather than to say that a person continue to receive Primordial Qi after birth?

From chapter 13 of Liu Yiming's xiuzhen houbian, translated in Fabrizio Pregadio's Cultivating the Tao:

Now, human beings are endowed with the precelestial Breath: they possess it since their birth, by virtue of their father's essence and their mother's blood. However, this Breath grows day after day and night after night, and when the Yang culminates, there is necessarily the Yin. The Yang in the Palace of Qian moves to the Palace of Kun . At that time, Qian becomes empty and turns into Li , and Kun becomes full and forms Kan . The reason why Li has this name [li = separated] is that it separates itself from its own Yang; and the reason why Kan has this name [kan = abyss/pit] is that it traps Li's reality. When the Yang is trapped within the Yin, it does not belong anymore to "me." This is why we speak of the "other house."

The general idea, in modern terms, seems to be that during puberty our connection to precelestial is changed. Our reproductive organs, in order to perform, need to be able to connect new life to the precelestial, and thus perhaps we must develop a way to project the precelestial through our bodies into the seed of a new creation.

I really appreciate how changing our perspective can shed new light on what was already considered illuminated. Peter Shea's perspective from my last post, regarding our connection to the precelestial being like the settings on a valve, seems to resonate with the perspective in the quote above.

At least it does to me. But is it my responsibility to spell it out, or to correct conclusions which differ from my own? I am happy to share and discuss, and I am still working things out for myself, but please do not presume I am here to prove something.

I do not enlighten those who are not eager to learn,

nor arouse those who are not anxious

to give an explanation themselves.

If I have presented one corner of the square

and they cannot come back to me with the other three,

I should not go over the points again.  ~ Confucius

• Like 3

When the whole is divided, parts need names.

Names are ever separating us from the whole, best to keep things simple.

• Like 3

It is not logical at all, you are trying to save a theory with an incomplete understanding by making up empty claims, but not by giving logical explanations and arguments.

Where is the yuanqi coming from that the person allegedly receives continuously after birth until he is 13-17 years old and how exactly does this prolonged receiving of yuanqi take place?

A lot of arrogance and assumptions but no creative or critical thinking?

Thie age of 13-17 is also the time when the pineal gland begins to calcify, as well as the time that childrens personalities change radically (not in a hormone way, but in a free-spirited, inquisitive way).

There could be purely metaphysical reasons behind this, or it could be connected to some of these physical processes, most notably the pineal glands calcification, which affects spiritual attitudes and abilities, the pineal gland being responsible for the creation of the most powerful psychedelic compound known, D.M.T, considered by many to allow the transitioning to other planes of existence, considering the experiences many have had on it, and the fact that the largest doses of it are released both on the 49th day of gestation in the womb (the same day the sex is decided, and the same day the Tibetan Book of the Death states the soul enters the body), and also at the moment of death.

• Like 1

@YiYiyang, the trigram provided by you in thread #19 is a pre-heaven (xian-tien, pre-creation) arrangement and will and should change when the child is born. Inotherwords, this pre-heaven trigram is pre-birth destiny and will be modified by factors beyond control of both mother and child, for instance, diseases and DNA.

On another note, this trigram shows the progressive increase and depletion of yangqi of a person from birth yet, I will presume that the increase of yuanqi after birth which you seek to explain with this illustration is due to the expansion of yangqi until the zenith at age 16, kian-qua after which, the yin-energy begins its ascendence, and the person begins to age. It does not explain how a child could absorb yuanqi, the question that Wells was putting forward. I don't think that the Baqua lines represent yuanqi.

Google scholar.

Calcification pineal gland.

You will get multiple hits.

Age related, race related.

+40 and White, sorry but you are doomed.

Asian, good for you.

• Like 1

I lacked motivation to sift though the research, you might find an age-dependent curve from age six and up.

I read that indigo children cannot lie. Wow. A future world without politicians and lawyers.