Sign in to follow this  
Sealestr

Is there any significance of the two monkeys in the banner at the top?

It symbolizes Yin and Yang.

The monkey to the left, Yin, has a mostly sedentary lifestyle and a diet consisting primarily of bananas.

The monkey to the right, Yang, has a mostly active lifestyle and a diet consisting primarily of apples.

They are both levitating over the Mountains because they are Level 5 Mopai practionners.

Also, there won't be a rooster this year, because it is in the belly of the Yin Monkey.

Sorry folks !

Edited by Sebastian
  • Like 7

The monkey to the left, Yin, has a mostly sedentary lifestyle and a diet consisting primarily of bananas.

The monkey to the right, Yang, has a mostly active lifestyle and a diet consisting primarily of apples.

They are both levitating over the Mountains because they are Level 5 Mopai practionners.

Also, there won't be a rooster this year, because it is in the belly of the Yin Monkey.

Sorry folks !

Winner, winner! Chicken dinner!

(As the saying goes...)

Sorry folks !

Actually they are both eating peaches of immortality from the garden of heavenly emperor.

• Like 3

Sorry folks !

I can't tell if you are joking...

• Like 1

He's totally serious.

I asked myself the same question and glad someone dared to ask it. It seems that both monkeys are eating apples and how do you one is male and the other female? What is the meaning of the two Chinese character on the right bottom side of the banner?

Of course I'm serious. My granddad used to be a zoo keeper.

I can't believe that no one noticed that the Monkeys were giants too.

I mean.... compare them to the wolves on the left and the man doing some Taichi... At least 15x their size.

So I would to revise by saying they are

Giant Monkey Spirits symbolizing Yin and Yang that ate the pineapple of immortality.

• Like 2

Of course I'm serious. My granddad used to be a zoo keeper.

I can't believe that no one noticed that the Monkeys were giants too.

I mean.... compare them to the wolves on the left and the man doing some Taichi... At least 15x their size.

So I would to revise by saying they are

Giant Monkey Spirits symbolizing Yin and Yang that ate the pineapple of immortality.

Peaches. Gargantuan peaches of immortality and furious fireballs of red-heart love [insert_heart_emoticon_here]
  • Like 2

Hilarious! Thanks for the jokes.

Anyway, no matter if there is any significance of the two monkeys in the banner or not, we all know at least one very famous monkey who also appears to be a Daoist Immortal - Sun Wukong!

• Like 1

Sean spaced on the banner...   Happy New Year of the Fire Rooster!

post-116-0-32293800-1485716269_thumb.jpg

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3

Sean spaced on the banner...   Happy New Year of the Fire Rooster!

if the staging site was up, I could provide a teaser picture... but now even the rooster needs to roost a little longer :)

• Like 2

Looking forward to a banner update with the new New Year Rooster. :)

Here we are - a Rooster is there! Hurray!!!

• Like 1

Rooster? Is this rooster in classical Chinese the same for the rooster and/or the hen? Just wondering.

Sign in to follow this