dwai

Requesting Sub-forums in my PPF

I want to create three sub-forums in my PPF.

1) Taijiquan 

2) Daoist Meditation and Advaita Vedanta 

3) Philosophical ruminations

Thanks,

Dwai

Okay so now how do I move existing threads from the main PPF to these sub-forums? Is that something that is possible?

• Like 1

Okay so now how do I move existing threads from the main PPF to these sub-forums? Is that something that is possible?

It is possible. Let me know either here or in a PM what you want moved (links) and to what sub-forum and I can take care of this morning for you.

• Like 1

It is possible. Let me know either here or in a PM what you want moved (links) and to what sub-forum and I can take care of this morning for you.

Thanks Kar3n,

All the Taiji, Push hands related threads to the Taijiquan sub-forum.

I'll know the rest when you move these :)

Best would be if I had the privileges to move stuff around (only in that PPF) - if it was possible to do that...

• Like 2

Thanks Kar3n,

All the Taiji, Push hands related threads to the Taijiquan sub-forum.

I'll know the rest when you move these :)

Best would be if I had the privileges to move stuff around (only in that PPF) - if it was possible to do that...

We should test if the "move" permissions get extended around the board or not ... but I hope it means that 'mod' (ie: you a mod of your own PPD) can only move to where ever they are a 'mod'...

We should test if the "move" permissions get extended around the board or not ... but I hope it means that 'mod' (ie: you a mod of your own PPD) can only move to where ever they are a 'mod'...

I tested this and giving the "move" permission to the local moderator of a PPD allows them to move it anywhere on the board they have access to.   The one twist is if you move it to a wrong forum/sub-forum (even say, General), you would not be able to move it back as you would not have local moderator permissions in that other area.    but I can give "move" in ones PPD and sub-PPD areas.

So what I have done is give "move" permissions to any PPD that has sub-forum areas.  There are only a few.

But those people can move to their sub-forum areas.  As their sub-forum areas also now have "move", they can move them out of the sub-forum back to their main or another of their sub-forums.

Those with the new permissions so far are:

Dwai

Brian

RV

TheWhiteRabbit

• Like 2